Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

16 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Nesbitt is a 6'6 matchup problem. If Yuri wasn't already our point guard, he's talented enough to play the point on day one.  He also has the scoring ability to play the 2 and is strong enough rebounder to play the 3.

Kern projects as a slashing Perkins type wing.  He needs to shoot it better from the line though.

Lee is basically Zeke Moore at this point: a 6'6 spot up shooter with a nice handle. I doubt he has a committable offer.

After much careful thought and consideration, I have struggled to reach the following conclusion.  I want Nesbitt who upon his commitment to SLU will immediately be renamed Nessbitt by a few members of this Board!  

HoosierPal likes this

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

51 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Nesbitt is a 6'6 matchup problem. If Yuri wasn't already our point guard, he's talented enough to play the point on day one.  He also has the scoring ability to play the 2 and is strong enough rebounder to play the 3

Do we stand a chance with Nesbit?

I think it’s likely that Ford won’t be the coach when Yuri and Co are seniors... if we continue success. Sucks to think about but it’s certainly a possible scenario. We need someone who will continue this local pipeline! I hope I’m wrong though. 

46 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Do we stand a chance with Nesbit?

I think it's a longshot.  Nesbitt transferred to St. Louis Christian so he could play a national schedule and get high-major exposure.  Looks like he made a good decision.  He's played very well against some top-ranked players and his profile has risen accordingly.  He'll have a handful of high-major offers by the time the season is over.  

Would taking over for Jordan Goodwin as "the man" at SLU be appealing to a young man looking for high-major validation?  We can only hope.

16 hours ago, BJK said:

I think it’s likely that Ford won’t be the coach when Yuri and Co are seniors... if we continue success. Sucks to think about but it’s certainly a possible scenario. We need someone who will continue this local pipeline! I hope I’m wrong though. 

incredulous questioning GIF

16 hours ago, BJK said:

why?  

we offer everything a P5 school does, with the job security of a small school.  That's heaven for coaches. 

17 minutes ago, wgstl said:

why?  

we offer everything a P5 school does, with the job security of a small school.  That's heaven for coaches. 

When you look at compensation, recruiting base, facilities and now fan support, SLU is one of the top 5 mid-major jobs in the country.  Wichita State is the top dog in the Midwest but we have the recruiting base to eventually challenge them.  It's a good time to be a Billiken coach.

AGB91, drkelsey55, wgstl and 4 others like this

19 hours ago, BJK said:

I think you are way off base in this comment.  W/O actually doing a count I would guess that there are about 70 P5 plus the Beast jobs .  How many of those turn over each year?  Is 10 a good estimate.  Of those 10 how many would be interested in TF and just as important, how many would he be at all interested in?  I think you could eliminate all the PAC 12 schools along with all the ACC schools.  In general, I think he would only have any interest at all in schools in the B  10, Big 12, SEC and Beast and even then only a very few of those schools.  Realistically,  I think only two schools would even hold any interest for TF---Mizzoz and Illinois.  While either of them could offer him a sizable raise, they both have significant drawbacks.  Both are in smallish towns with little in the way of culture/lifestyle and recruiting at both of them requires much more time away from home than recruiting at SLU.  Plus, as I have written before, he and his family love St. Louis.  Yes I know that I have not mentioned UK.  While that looks like a dream job does he really want the pressure that comes with the UK job?  I don't think so.

• 2 weeks later...

A game Bills fans might want to circle on their calendar. St. Louis Christian Playing at Vashon February 26th. Game is at 6:30. Same day we play St. Joes at home. Wish the High School game was a little earlier to make for a easier double header. Luckily the St. Joe's game isn't until 8. Might be able to make it work. Multiple Billiken offers going to be on the floor for the last game of the regular season. If anyone see St. Louis Christian I'd like to hear some feedback on Jaden Jones. Heard the kid can really shoot it and is in the 6'7-6'8 range. Obviously Kern and Nesbitt will be there as well. 

On 1/21/2020 at 1:47 PM, 3star_recruit said:

When you look at compensation, recruiting base, facilities and now fan support, SLU is one of the top 5 mid-major jobs in the country.  Wichita State is the top dog in the Midwest but we have the recruiting base to eventually challenge them.  It's a good time to be a Billiken coach.

And St. Louis >> Wichita.

Actually plays a lot like French despite being a beanpole.  Kid's a 6'9 athletic freak who can handle the ball.  Langston "Jake" Wilson has a touching backstory.  Amazing that he's even playing basketball.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/bonner-prendergast-prendie-jake-wilson-philadelphia-catholic-league-marfan-syndrome-20180222.html

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Actually plays a lot like French despite being a beanpole.  Kid's a 6'9 athletic freak who can handle the ball.  Langston "Jake" Wilson has a touching backstory.  Amazing that he's even playing basketball.

https://www.inquirer.com/philly/sports/high_school/pennsylvania/bonner-prendergast-prendie-jake-wilson-philadelphia-catholic-league-marfan-syndrome-20180222.html

Guessing he's been cleared to play? Isaiah Austin was eventually cleared to play with the same condition. 

On 1/21/2020 at 1:47 PM, 3star_recruit said:

On top of all of that, I don't think people realize how much T Ford and his family enjoy living in St. Louis

almaman likes this

13 minutes ago, slubillikens43 said:

I was wondering this too. I see he's a RS Freshman for JUCO so if this is his 2nd year at the JUCO maybe he would be eligible for D1 next season?

According to Verbal Commits he also got offers on Jan. 6 from Grambling and some place called Miles, which leads me to believe this would be for 2020. We are by far his best offer that I see. Hopefully this is a case of getting in early on a guy whose stock is rising.