Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

5 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

"man.... i was really leaning Ohio State... but then this creepy old man in a Billiken sweatshirt came up to me at my high school game.... really had me re-evaluating my decision" - EJ Liddell 

Hahahaha. Exactly.  

1 hour ago, billiken_roy said:

oh i always wear billiken wear to any basketball game.   i am talking about going up to a potential recruit and acting the part of a recruiter.   that is a no no.  stay out of coach ford's way.

Then, like I said, it's too bad you couldn't influence Liddell (by the fact that you were trying to make the SLU brand prominent).  I wasn't trying to suggest that you cheat.

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Zink said:

https://twitter.com/kj3three/status/1209180177764405249?s=21

On my phone, so don’t know how this will look... but we apparently just offered Kelvin Lee Jr. out of Ft. Zumwalt North. 

6’6” wing

He's the only three-pointer shooter that has emerged so far in the 2021 class. IMO, he's got aways to go to be at the level we're currently recruiting.  Right now, he's a Zeke Moore clone minus the free throw shooting.

1 hour ago, Zink said:

https://twitter.com/kj3three/status/1209180177764405249?s=21

On my phone, so don’t know how this will look... but we apparently just offered Kelvin Lee Jr. out of Ft. Zumwalt North. 

6’6” wing

He and his dad have been to a lot of games this year.

For those that don't know, his dad was an assistant at SLU with Charlie Spoonhour. He then went on to coach Chaminade, including David Lee, Bradly Beal and the first couple years with Tatum. He is now head coach at UCity at one of his assistants is an ex-billiken. Props to the first person that can identify the Billiken in this picture. https://www.ucityschools.org/CoachLee

Willie, you asked me a few days ago what Kelvin does besides coaching, the article above will tell you.

2 minutes ago, kshoe said:

He and his dad have been to a lot of games this year.

For those that don't know, his dad was an assistant at SLU with Charlie Spoonhour. He then went on to coach Chaminade, including David Lee, Bradly Beal and the first couple years with Tatum. He is now head coach at UCity at one of his assistants is an ex-billiken. Props to the first person that can identify the Billiken in this picture. https://www.ucityschools.org/CoachLee

Willie, you asked me a few days ago what Kelvin does besides coaching, the article above will tell you.

To piggyback on your comment, he was also Yuri's coach at St. Mary's his first two years of high school.  Class guy.  You will not have to worry about character with his kid.

NextYearBill likes this

This might be my chance to redeem myself after the embarrassment of really screwing up the delivery of the bag to Kasubke. Since nobody can verify otherwise I will just say that Kelvin and I are essentially best friends just maybe not quite known by him. Regardless, I did know Kelvin well, so I will see what I can do and I don't think there is any way this goes poorly. I assume there are no recruiting restrictions on MBMs? The coaches will be really excited to hear that they have a real idiot deciding to enter into the recruiting process on their behalf.

13 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

This might be my chance to redeem myself after the embarrassment of really screwing up the delivery of the bag to Kasubke. Since nobody can verify otherwise I will just say that Kelvin and I are essentially best friends just maybe not quite known by him. Regardless, I did know Kelvin well, so I will see what I can do and I don't think there is any way this goes poorly. I assume there are no recruiting restrictions on MBMs? The coaches will be really excited to hear that they have a real idiot deciding to enter into the recruiting process on their behalf.

We know nothiiing!

On 12/12/2019 at 8:49 PM, 3star_recruit said:

Haney will clearly be a priority target for Missouri State as Dora is less than 2 hours away from Springfield.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ford and company get involved before the season is over.

This Haney kid is intriguing to me as is his summer teammate Anton Brookshire. Have you seen Brookshire play? It looks like Dora has played some decent competition this season, so there should be some solid "film" of him for coaches to better evaluate and determine his fit at the next level.

1 hour ago, courtside said:

Nesbitt witj 24 amd 13 Stl Christian 63-57 over Ritter in the final. Clark and Fleming leading Ritter.

DeSmet will face Mehlville tonight in the finals of the Coach's vs Cancer Classic, (formerly the long time Meramec Tourney, now at Lafayette High School.)

-did we and by 'we' I mean SLU staff see Nesbitt this weekend? were there other schools at this event for him? who are the most active schools on him? thanks

9 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-did we and by 'we' I mean SLU staff see Nesbitt this weekend? were there other schools at this event for him? who are the most active schools on him? thanks

SLU was there this weekend to watch Nesbitt, yes. Seton Hall was also in attendance. He has several high major offers, as well as interest from some of the better teams in the country. He is playing very well right now.