Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, brianstl said:

Here is a name to keep an eye on, 6-7 forward RJ Keene (Concordia Lutheran, Houston, TX).   He is the son of former Kahok and Illini guard Richard Keene.

I'm not real keen on that [takes a drink of whiskey and slowly dies a little inside]

15 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I like this. He say anything else?

A texter asked Frank who he thought the next local recruit to commit to SLU would be. He talked about how he thought Nesbitt and Kern would be good fits, but didn’t necessarily predict they would commit there. Then I believe both Floyd and Tony texted Frank to tell him Kern really likes SLU and his mom has a lot of respect for Coach Ford.

RiseAndGrind and Bills_06 like this

19 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

A texter asked Frank who he thought the next local recruit to commit to SLU would be. He talked about how he thought Nesbitt and Kern would be good fits, but didn’t necessarily predict they would commit there. Then I believe both Floyd and Tony texted Frank to tell him Kern really likes SLU and his mom has a lot of respect for Coach Ford.

I think Nesbitt will go to his biggest offer.Kern would be fun. Makes me feel old though, I remember when SLU was recruiting his dad!

5 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Romar offered him right?   

Yes with a big from California that ended up going to UCLA

3 hours ago, Sheltiedave said:

We got him, but he never was going to qualify. It was a sad scene... Polk fractured his kneecap, Kern nonqualed, and Ryan Hollins backed out when Romar left for Washington and Biondi cut cheap with Brad S.

That was a bad summer/fall.

That was a bad time and I often wonder what would have happened had Romar stayed at SLU?

Hollins was a good player for UCLA, we won the conference USA tournament the program was on an upward trend.

It is hard to believe we are recruiting Nick Kern’s son.  We had to wait for the next generation Kern.

8 hours ago, ACE said:

FWIW... Irons told Cusumano Nicholas Kern and his mom really like Ford and SLU.

There maybe something to this.  Ford has been there a lot lately.  Nick will start this year but I am unsure of what his role will be...he's better with the ball in his hands in my opinion.  Might flow under the radar 

Bills_06 likes this

Missouri Class 1 shooting guard Isaac Haney is about to blow up in a major way.  His 32 points led Dora High School to a 65-60 upset of Oklahoma Heritage Hall, led by top 50 recruit 2021 Trey Alexander, at the Ozark Mountain Shootout. Haney's an athletic 6'2 shooter who can create his own shot.  Averaged 28 last year and will probably surpass that this year. He was impressive in the summer circuit playing good competition so this performance is not a fluke.

Haney will clearly be a priority target for Missouri State as Dora is less than 2 hours away from Springfield.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ford and company get involved before the season is over.

Once game is all it took for Eric Bossi to join the Haney bandwagon:

https://basketballrecruiting.rivals.com/news/ozark-mountain-shootout-micah-peavy-electrifies-bossi-s-takeaways

I watched him go for 32 and lead his team to a come from behind, overtime win over Oklahoma City (Okla.) Heritage Hall and now I would like to see more of him because he looks like he has the goods and rates high on the entertainment scale. He's extremely skilled, can light it up from deep, plays with swagger and is creative off the bounce. Missouri State head coach Dana Ford saw enough on Thursday to offer a scholarship.

17 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Missouri Class 1 shooting guard Isaac Haney is about to blow up in a major way.  His 32 points led Dora High School to a 65-60 upset of Oklahoma Heritage Hall, led by top 50 recruit 2021 Trey Alexander, at the Ozark Mountain Shootout. Haney's an athletic 6'2 shooter who can create his own shot.  Averaged 28 last year and will probably surpass that this year. He was impressive in the summer circuit playing good competition so this performance is not a fluke.

Haney will clearly be a priority target for Missouri State as Dora is less than 2 hours away from Springfield.  I wouldn't be surprised if Ford and company get involved before the season is over.

-wow, that is down there, guessing he is kin to Mr Haney

-he does not appear on 24/7 and Verbal Recruits has offers from Texas State and Grambling

30 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-wow, that is down there, guessing he is kin to Mr Haney

-he does not appear on 24/7 and Verbal Recruits has offers from Texas State and Grambling

Eric Bossi had never seen Haney before yesterday despite being four hours away in Kansas City. Class 1 sharpshooters don't exactly draw crowds. I doubt any of the other major recruiting analysts, who are all outside of Missouri, have seen him either.

Bossi was only at this particular showcase because blue chip recruits like Caleb Love and Trey Alexander were there.  This was Haney's opportunity to be "discovered" by a media influencer and he made the best of it. If Haney was playing his ball at Belleville Althoff, every MBM would know who he was. Roy would make sure of it 🙂

15 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Eric Bossi had never seen Haney before yesterday despite being four hours away in Kansas City. Class 1 sharpshooters don't exactly draw crowds. I doubt any of the other major recruiting analysts, who are all outside of Missouri, have seen him either.

Bossi was only at this particular showcase because blue chip recruits like Caleb Love and Trey Alexander were there.  This was Haney's opportunity to be "discovered" by a media influencer and he made the best of it. If Haney was playing his ball at Belleville Althoff, every MBM would know who he was. Roy would make sure of it 🙂

actually for the last few years i am more of a belleville west guy now.   was president of the west boosters for 10 years.  but just like i followed goodwin, if the kid was a player, i'd go see him.  

10 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Not even wear Billiken gear to his games?

oh i always were billiken wear to any basketball game.   i am talking about going up to a potential recruit and acting the part of a recruiter.   that is a no no.  stay out of coach ford's way.