Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The 14th annual Tournament of Champions Thanksgiving Tourney in Washington, Il near Peoria IL is next week. Below is the schedule, a list of teams, and some players from across the country. Locally, DeSmet and Belleville West will be playing. The event runs Tuesday through Saturday.

https://www.prephoops.com/2019/11/kevin-brown-memorial-tournament-of-champions-preview/

On 11/16/2019 at 8:24 AM, Old guy said:

Of course you are right, good coaches do not want to work in dumpy places, BUT that does not mean that we have to have the very best facility in the country to be able to attract a very good coach and very good players. We are doing fine as is.

We have very good facilities when you compare us nationally.  Have you forgot all the issues with West Pine Gym and not an on campus arena to play in for all those years.  I respectfully disagree with you that our facilities are not high quality - by the way, you keep saying we don't need "the very best" in the country, nobody ever said we have to have "the very best" but you have to have competitive facilities.  If you think that we did not have our current on campus facilities that we would be were we are currently you are just sadly wrong at least in my humble opinion.

42 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

We have very good facilities when you compare us nationally.  Have you forgot all the issues with West Pine Gym and not an on campus arena to play in for all those years.  I respectfully disagree with you that our facilities are not high quality - by the way, you keep saying we don't need "the very best" in the country, nobody ever said we have to have "the very best" but you have to have competitive facilities.  If you think that we did not have our current on campus facilities that we would be were we are currently you are just sadly wrong at least in my humble opinion.

You seem to be making the following equation in your mind:  Competitive facilities = only the very best. You obviously did not perceive that I say "we are doing fine as is." This means Chaifetz may not be at the very top of things but it is high enough to get the good players and the good coach.

I never saw the West Pine gym. I came to St. Louis in 2002 after my divorce and only started going to Bills games after I started dating my then girlfriend now second wife in 2006, the Chaifetz is the only Bills basketball arena I ever went to. The Chaifetz is very nice and it is above average, period.

I  changed the post using italics to accomodate your sensitivities, I hope this is satisfactory now.

Just now, Old guy said:

You seem to be making the following equation in your mind:  Competitive facilities = only the very best. Your insecure mind does not perceive that I say "we are doing fine as is." This means Chaifetz may not be at the very top of things but it is high enough to get the good players and the good coach.

I never saw the West Pine gym. I came to St. Louis in 2002 after my divorce and only started going to Bills games after I started dating my then girlfriend now second wife in 2006, the Chaifetz is the only Bills basketball arena I ever went to. The Chaifetz is very nice and it is above average, period.

So now you have to go to name calling - that shows you have a poor position.  I am not going to get into it with you - it simply is not worth my time.  Sorry to have a different opinion from the all knowing one.

15 minutes ago, Old guy said:

You seem to be making the following equation in your mind:  Competitive facilities = only the very best. Your insecure mind does not perceive that I say "we are doing fine as is." This means Chaifetz may not be at the very top of things but it is high enough to get the good players and the good coach.

the west pine gym was an absolute dump, locker room was awful. i could go on and on. most high school gyms were better

50 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-again last night there were kids in the section where recruits normally sit, I did not recognize them but a couple of them were there on Sunday too, they were not tall so not the Desmet bigs, any help on who these kids are is appreciated

Watching on TV....I saw Phillip Russell and Nick Kern Jr behind the Billikens bench.  Russell has committed to SEMO.

Bills_06 likes this

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-yep, looking at images on line Kern has been to the last two home games, thank you

I don't remember which game, but I could have sworn I saw a Vashon group behind the bench and thought one of the kids was Russell and I also thought one of the kids looked like Cam Fletcher. I sit across the court, so too far to say with any certainty. I meant to ask the question on here.

YaYa Keita has low double digit points per game and 24 rebounds total, 12 each, through his first two games at the TOC in Washington, Il.....

Game one was a lopsided win over Lake Forest Academy (Chicago). Game two was a close six point loss to defending Arkansas large school state champs Northside of Fr. Smith Arkansas. He did well against Jaylin Williams, their 2020 top 75, 6’9 Arkansas commit.

Today they play Woodward Academy of Atlanta Georgia, and, 7’0 2020 top 15 National player Walker Kessler. Kessler is committed to UNC. (DeSmet has been playing without a few players including Sekou Gassama)

https://www.hudl.com/video/2/250058/5ddfe53dab926213a827983f

2 hours ago, courtside said:

SLU offered 6'7 2021 wing/small forward Jaden Jones.(Stockrisers) He is in his first season at Prolific Prep in Napa, CA (Nimari Burnett (Texas Tech), Coleman Hawkins (Illinois) etc....a former point guard who can play the 1, 2, or 3. He is from Dallas.

I’ll get a profile up tomorrow.

Jaden Jones - G, 6-7, 190 - Dallas, TX (St. Louis Christian Academy, MO) - AAU: Mudiay Elite (Under Armour Association) - Twitter: @JadenJonessss
Offers: Saint Louis, Rutgers, TCU, LSU, Arizona, USC, Colorado, San Diego State, Delaware State.

Interest: Villanova, Xavier, Creighton, Notre Dame, Maryland, Indiana, Illinois, Minnesota, Nebraska, Penn State, Kansas, Texas Tech, Texas, Baylor, Auburn, Arkansas, Texas A&M, Vanderbilt, Mississippi State, Oregon, Arizona State, Stanford, California, Oregon State, Memphis, Houston, Cincinnati, SMU, Gonzaga, Santa Clara, Loyola-Chicago, Middle Tennessee, North Texas, Troy, Sam Houston State, Lamar, Mercer, Siena, UC-Santa Barbara, Liberty.

Latest News: Jones received an offer from SLU. (12/3/19)

Scouting Report: Jones is a long, smooth, athletic guard with high-level scoring ability. He has excellent shooting ability with serious range, scores on all three levels, handles the ball, and can create for his teammates. He can play multiple positions on either end. He plays with smarts and aggressiveness. Jones transferred from Prolific Prep (CA) to STL Christian in mid-November 2019. He was only at Prolific for a few months, having played his sophomore season with Dallas HSAA Blue, the local Home School Athletic Association program; it appears that he was in the HSAA program beginning in middle school.

-So it looks like he was home schooled for a couple years in Dallas, then went to Prolific Prep for this season but just transferred to STLCA a few weeks ago. I'm not sure why, exactly. I found an interview from when he was in middle school and he said at the time he would go to Findlay Prep for HS but I guess that never happened. He's apparently been a phenom since like 4th grade. He grew significantly in 8th-9th grade and has been listed at 6-7 or so for a couple years now. Huge talent and ceiling here, and a ton of versatility. I'd take him in a heartbeat but get the idea he's looking for blueblood offers. He's taken an official visit already; went to San Diego State in October. It looks like Arizona, USC, and LSU are among the schools pushing hardest to get another official visit out of him.