Recruiting - 2021

Pistol

• Replies 2.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Believe it or not, top-3 2021 prospect Terrence Clarke has eliminated SLU from consideration. He will be announcing his commitment on 9/14 and will decide in the spring whether to reclassify to 2020 or stay in the 2021 class.

Tamar Bates was just on campus at SLU last month (Tweet is from his dad):

He's a KC-area kid on the KS side of the border, so this is a "local" program for him. Weber is SLU's biggest competitor everywhere, apparently.

Zion Harmon named his top 7 and we're not in it: 

Kansas and Louisville were sure things. Seton Hall and LSU are two of his other best offers. Murray State and Western Kentucky are the local programs. He doesn't have a Kentucky offer and their inclusion is a nudge. He's talking about reclassifying to 2020. I'm a little surprised he doesn't have more offers, but maybe I shouldn't be because there's so much noise around this kid at all times. Transfers, lawsuits, a crazy dad, hype that started in middle school, and so forth. I understand why we offered the top prospect from Western Kentucky, given Ford's background, but I don't mind missing out on the Zion Harmon show.

22 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm going to put this here.  Since RJ Davis (2020) trimmed his list and SLU wasn't on it.  My best guess is that Tate was watching Adrian Griffin.

See my post directly above yours. SLU was watching Malcolm Chimezie, and, SLU offered. Griffin is a top ten national recruit. And yes, Davis is down to Georgetown, Marquette, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, all of whom were there to see him. 

2 hours ago, courtside said:

See my post directly above yours. SLU was watching Malcolm Chimezie, and, SLU offered. Griffin is a top ten national recruit. And yes, Davis is down to Georgetown, Marquette, Pittsburgh, North Carolina, all of whom were there to see him. 

Duh.  I did a search for Stepinac in Pistols recruiting thread and only saw the 2 guys I mentioned.  I guess he hasn’t added Chimezie yet.

Pistol likes this

Malcolm Chimezie - PF, 6-8, 220 - Yonkers, NY (Stepinac) - AAU: New Heights (Under Armour Association) - Twitter: @ChimezieMalcolm
Offers: Saint Louis, Massachusetts, Columbia, Manhattan, Siena, Marist, Canisius, Saint Peter's, Stony Brook, Robert Morris, Bryant, Stetson.

Interest: Fordham, Tulsa, Harvard, Rice, Holy Cross, Hofstra, Niagara, New Hampshire, Stetson.

Latest News: Chimezie received offers from SLU and Robert Morris. (9/16/19)

Scouting Report: Chimezie is an imposing bruiser at both ends of the court, using his strength and athleticism to bully opponents and grab rebounds. He's well rounded, with the ability to catch and face, play the post, and defend - he's a good shot blocker. He played through last HS season with a tumor in his knee, got surgery, and recovered in the spring. He plays alongside two star recruits - R.J. Davis (2020) and Adrian Griffin, Jr. (2021) - at Stepinac.

Daniel Rivera - SG, 6-4, 160 - Bronx, NY (Our Saviour Lutheran)
Offers: Saint Louis, Manhattan.

Interest: TBD.

Latest News: Rivera received an offer from SLU. (9/16/19)

Scouting Report: Rivera is a strong, athletic guard who plays above the rim. He has the ability to step out and shoot it and is most effective from the top of the key. He rebounds his position extremely well. He plays very hard and is an unselfish team-oriented player.

-I've still got work to do with regard to Rivera, who has the lethal combination of a common name and no social media presence. Chimezie took recent visits to Siena, Columbia, and Stony Brook. He was great in the workouts SLU's staff saw at Stepinac last week.

Latest 2021 interests:

Tahron Allen - SG, 6-4, 200 - Brooklyn, NY (Brooklyn Collegiate) - AAU: NY Renaissance (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @TahAllen
Offers: Massachusetts, Kent State, Manhattan, Bryant.

Interest: Saint Louis, VCU, Rhode Island, La Salle, Fordham, Creighton, DePaul, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Nebraska, Penn State, Auburn, Temple, Princeton, Cornell, SIU-Carbondale, Buffalo, Ohio, Toledo, Southern Miss, Holy Cross, Siena, Rider, Binghamton, Robert Morris, Mount St. Mary's, North Alabama.

Latest News: SLU coaches Tate and Stuen went out to Brooklyn Collegiate to watch Allen. (9/16/19)

Scouting Report: Allen is an athletic scoring guard with the ability to catch fire from outside. He scores on all three levels and is left-handed. He's got a game that is both physical and smooth and plays with a lot of confidence. He's smart and aggressive at both ends. He transferred from St. Raymond to Brooklyn Collegiate between his sophomore and junior seasons. He spent a year at Crestwood Prep in Ontario before that.

Kelvin Lee, Jr. - SG, 6-6, 160 - St. Charles, MO (Fort Zumwalt North) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @KJ3three
Offers: None.

Interest: Saint Louis, Michigan, Missouri, Central Michigan.

Latest News: SLU was out to see Lee last week. (9/16/19)

Scouting Report: Lee is a long, slim sharpshooter with a smooth, consistent shot. He sees the court well and finds his teammates. He handles the ball relatively well for his size and can penetrate and finish or pass. He is the son of former SLU assistant Kelvin Lee, who has coached at a number of local high school programs.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Latest 2021 interests:

Tahron Allen - SG, 6-4, 200 - Brooklyn, NY (Brooklyn Collegiate) - AAU: NY Renaissance (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @TahAllen
Offers: Massachusetts, Kent State, Manhattan, Bryant.

Interest: Saint Louis, VCU, Rhode Island, La Salle, Fordham, Creighton, DePaul, Syracuse, Virginia Tech, Rutgers, Nebraska, Penn State, Auburn, Temple, Princeton, Cornell, SIU-Carbondale, Buffalo, Ohio, Toledo, Southern Miss, Holy Cross, Siena, Rider, Binghamton, Robert Morris, Mount St. Mary's, North Alabama.

Latest News: SLU coaches Tate and Stuen went out to Brooklyn Collegiate to watch Allen. (9/16/19)

Scouting Report: Allen is an athletic scoring guard with the ability to catch fire from outside. He scores on all three levels and is left-handed. He's got a game that is both physical and smooth and plays with a lot of confidence. He's smart and aggressive at both ends. He transferred from St. Raymond to Brooklyn Collegiate between his sophomore and junior seasons. He spent a year at Crestwood Prep in Ontario before that.

Kelvin Lee, Jr. - SG, 6-6, 160 - St. Charles, MO (Fort Zumwalt North) - AAU: Brad Beal Elite (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @KJ3three
Offers: None.

Interest: Saint Louis, Michigan, Missouri, Central Michigan.

Latest News: SLU was out to see Lee last week. (9/16/19)

Scouting Report: Lee is a long, slim sharpshooter with a smooth, consistent shot. He sees the court well and finds his teammates. He handles the ball relatively well for his size and can penetrate and finish or pass. He is the son of former SLU assistant Kelvin Lee, who has coached at a number of local high school programs.

Kelvin is currently coaching at U-City. One of his assistants is Mo. Jeffers. 

1 hour ago, willie said:

Kelvin is currently coaching at U-City. One of his assistants is Mo. Jeffers. 

Correct. I know he's there now, but started to map where he had been since Chaminade and couldn't keep track - Miller Career Academy, St. Mary's, U-City, and I might be missing one or two. So I just said "a number of" and moved on.