Billikens.com Slow - Working on it

SluSignGuy

11 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

Performance mode!

Sad reason to need it.....

Performance mode (I think) was removed when we moved from version 3.x to 4.x of the board...I have asked support if there is another way to enable a similar feature...

To reduce the demand on the server, I am restricting forum access to registered users.  This likely doesn't mean much to those reading this (since to read it, you have to be registered).  But there are 100s of "guests" trying to access Billikens.com right now.

Well...125 people registered yesterday....Thats a record.

We are currently on a temporarily upgraded server (thanks web host)!  But we will likely have to be move again sometime in the next couple of days.

In the process of trying to get the forum to run faster, I upgraded a PHP setting.  In doing so, I broke a 10 year old script that posted latest topics on the front page.  This may not get fixed for a few days as work is pretty busy right now.  Apologies.

Thanks for your patience.

• 2 weeks later...

For a small update, we are now back on a slightly slower server than we had been for the last week (we temporarily upgraded for the spike in traffic).

It is very likely we will move to another server over the weekend.  So there may be some downtime.

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

Yes

Thanks for the feedback.  It works for me both at work and on my phone.  It may be taking some time for the DNS to be updating on your computer - but it is odd you can access the message board but not the home page.

Anyone else experiencing this problem?

31 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Thanks for the feedback.  It works for me both at work and on my phone.  It may be taking some time for the DNS to be updating on your computer - but it is odd you can access the message board but not the home page.

Working for me on both foxfire and explorer.

5 hours ago, SluSignGuy said:

On my phone. Safari