OT: FBI Arrests NCAAB Asst. Coaches

slufan13

• Replies 175
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

50 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-reading this morning on CBS, SI, NBC, ESPN the same basic article (almost like they got together to write the same thing) where they want a massive change in college sports, if all of those forces, plus the big schools, are on the same side, how will it not happen? and how can this be a good thing for SLU?

The question to ask is why someone at the FBI or the Justice Department decided to leak this to everyone.

2 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

Michigan St, Duke, Kansas, Kentucky and Arizona all concluded through their own investigations and found no violations...the players are still eligible. Shocking...most of all, it only took less than 24 hours to find these conclusions. Hope they all burn. 

Might as well play them at this point. 

Do your own "investigation" clear them all and finish off the season. When more stuff comes out later take the punishment and claim ignorance. 

Maybe you can get a final 4 or championship out of the illegal players.  Sure the title might be vacated later but what does that matter?

One of ‘Zona’s recruits for next fall has already decommitted and the other is considering it.

The NCAA will have to impose a no-sit transfer rule.  How many kids are going to be left in limbo this summer not knowing if their program is about to implode?

1 hour ago, ARon said:

One of ‘Zona’s recruits for next fall has already decommitted and the other is considering it.

The NCAA will have to impose a no-sit transfer rule.  How many kids are going to be left in limbo this summer not knowing if their program is about to implode?

One of Zonas recruits? Haha that’s Shaqs kid. Has Shaq seen the 6th man?

2 hours ago, ARon said:

Does that mean he can get another 100k from his new school?

I'm taking a lot of joy in this.

So much spin going on.  ESPN radio talking about it today I'm paraphrasing some college insider says "we all knew Arizona was dirty, getting these top recruits, Arizona isn't a top program, how can they do this except by paying guys."  I'm incredulous.  Arizona has had the best program out West since the 80s.  They dominate the Pac 10, multiple Final fours and championships.  They are a top 10 program so why wouldn't they recruit top classes?   Arizona has always gotten s*** on, I just thought it was because Lute Olsen was an ass.

25 other schools are named.  Why no punishments for them yet?  Forget winning the A10 tourney, this is our best chance to get in the NCAAs, get 20 or 30 of these other schools disqualified.

7 hours ago, thetorch said:

25 other schools are named.  Why no punishments for them yet?  Forget winning the A10 tourney, this is our best chance to get in the NCAAs, get 20 or 30 of these other schools disqualified.

Primarily because there is no proof.  These are just allegations and/or names on a ledger.  In some cases, no proof players were present during some of these meetings/dinners.  There is nothing illegal about having dinner with an agent per the NCAA.  Heck, there is nothing illegal about receiving up to 200$ for a dinner for a player.  By some accounts, some of these payments were for dinners after players were done playing for the year and looking to go pro, or after they had already declared.  It will be interesting no doubt to see how it all plays out.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I find it very difficult to imagine, but stranger things have happened

24 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Supposedly, Georgia is seriously considering Rick Pitino as their next coach.

Any school that hires that scumbag with all the personal and team issues he carries with him deserves what it gets.  I can't believe any AD would want to present that hire to the University President or Board of Trustees!

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Any school that hires that scumbag with all the personal and team issues he carries with him deserves what it gets.  I can't believe any AD would want to present that hire to the University President or Board of Trustees!

Goodness gracious.

He should have a lifetime NCAA ban.

If he wants to coach again it should be in Lithuania with the Ball brothers.