OT: Finally Some Good STL News

cgeldmacher

20 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Like I said, you sound like Geraldo Rivera. That's not a good thing. If you think rap music has had a more negative impact on the AA community than the systematic racism that has been prevelant in this country since its founding, and still continues to this day, then you are a joke.

please close this thread. I don't want to keep responding to this dude, but I'm also not going to let his posts filled with thinly veiled racism go unchecked. 

Look , sure there has been racism.

I love people like you that won't admit it is better than it has ever been.

I guess you were in favor of the Confederate statue being removed? Trying to assign 21st Century values to 19th Century people who are dead.

Countries are a work in progress.

in terms of African Americans never have their  opportunities been better than now.

Look at Ben Carson. If he can rise above poverty then anyone can. They choose not to.

The City of Saint Louis continues in decline yet they continue to elect Democratic administrations. Why? Under Barack Obama African Americans unemployment got WORSE. Yet they re-elected him.

• Replies 171
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Tilkowsky said:

Look , sure there has been racism.

I love people like you that won't admit it is better than it has ever been.

I guess you were in favor of the Confederate statue being removed? Trying to assign 21st Century values to 19th Century people who are dead.

Countries are a work in progress.

in terms of African Americans never have there opportunities been better than now.

Look at Ben Carson. If he can rise above poverty then anyone can. They choose not to.

The City of Saint Louis continues in decline yet they continue to elect Democratic administrations. Why? Under Barack Obama African Americans unemployment got WORSE. Yet they re-elected him.

You give ONE example of an African American who has, apparently in your eyes, succeeded. Then you claim every other African American who is struggling has chosen to do so. Think you are proving my point. GTFO.

STLHI is wiping the floor with you. I'll let him continue. Please take your racist talking points elsewhere.

7 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

This. Since when did disobeying cops equal a death penalty, without a trial, no less? Nearly all my friends have run from the cops when they were idiot teenagers at house parties. None of them were ever gunned down, and that was never a concern for us. In fact, for a bunch of white kids in the suburbs, running from the cops was kind of a badge of honor. Looking back, it was such a privilege. For the record, I was always smart enough to bail before the cops showed up. 

It never has.

If you are innocent why run?

I was always taught to respect and obey police officers.

That has always worked out for me.

If Eric Garner hadn't struggled why he was being arrested he would be alive today. 

If Michael Brown has followed the lawful command of Darren Wilson to get out of the street he would be alive today. There is actually a law Brown was breaking when he was walking in the middle of the street. There is a Missouri statute that says when sidewalks are provided you shall not walk in the middle of the street.

If Anthony Lamar Smith had pulled over when the police originally tried to pull him over instead of speeding away at 90 mph - he would be alive.

As I said earlier - about to be arrested - drop the attitude.

1 minute ago, Tilkowsky said:

It never has.

If you are innocent why run?

I was always taught to respect and obey police officers.

That has always worked out for me.

If Eric Garner hadn't struggled why he was being arrested he would be alive today. 

If Michael Brown has followed the lawful command of Darren Wilson to get out of the street he would be alive today. There is actually a law Brown was breaking when he was walking in the middle of the street. There is a Missouri statute that says when sidewalks are provided you shall not walk in the middle of the street.

If Anthony Lamar Smith had pulled over when the police originally tried to pull him over instead of speeding away at 90 mph - he would be alive.

As I said earlier - about to be arrested - drop the attitude.

My point is that we weren't innocent; we were drinking underage and doing other idiotic things.  But my friends did run. But they didn't, and nor did they deserve to, get gunned down. Being guilty of a misdemeanor, or being innocent for that matter, and running shouldn't mean getting killed. That's absurd. 

5 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

You give ONE example of an African American who has, apparently in your eyes, succeeded. Then you claim every other African American who is struggling has chosen to do so. Think you are proving my point. GTFO.

STLHI is wiping the floor with you. I'll let him continue. Please take your racist talking points elsewhere.

So Ben Carson is the only African American who has succeeded in your eyes?

WOW!

He actually is the only one I could think of right away.

How many do you need? Condeleeza Rice. Herman Cain ( Founder of Godfather's Pizza). Tim Scott ( Senator from SC). 

How many more do you need?

Just now, Tilkowsky said:

So Ben Carson is the only African American who has succeeded in your eyes?

WOW!

He actually is the only one I could think of right away.

How many do you need? Condeleeza Rice. Herman Cain ( Founder of Godfather's Pizza). Tim Scott ( Senator from SC). 

How many more do you need?

Lol you can't even read correctly. 

Just now, rgbilliken said:

My point is that we weren't innocent; we were drinking underage and doing other idiotic things.  But my friends did run. But they didn't, and nor did they deserve to, get gunned down. Being guilty of a misdemeanor, or being innocent for that matter, and running shouldn't mean getting killed. That's absurd. 

Anthony Lamar Smith was a drug dealer. Driving 90 mph in a 35 mph zone is hopefully not a misdemeanor.

According to the officer and the judge bought the argument he pulled a gun on the officer. 

Not underage drinking.

12 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Calling someone a racist is not new for the Left when they lose.

2 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Anthony Lamar Smith was a drug dealer. Driving 90 mph in a 35 mph zone is hopefully not a misdemeanor.

According to the officer and the judge bought the argument he pulled a gun on the officer. 

Not underage drinking.

What did the off duty officer do wrong to get shot?

https://www.google.com/amp/www.stltoday.com/news/local/crime-and-courts/off-duty-st-louis-officer-injured-by-friendly-fire-after/article_761b9cc4-75d1-5023-a38f-c4096f99d114.amp.html

Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

Calling someone a racist when they're a racist is what a good person does. 

Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

Calling someone a racist when they're a racist is what a good person does. 

Not a racist.

You don't even know me.

5 minutes ago, rgbilliken said:

Agree completely, the same can be said for the guy that died for selling untaxed cigarettes, it is absurd.

Just now, STL Hoops Insider said:

You can bring up all of these.

Cops make mistakes.

Yet What I don't see is protests when a cop gets shot.

Where was Black Lives Matter when the cop was shot in NY back in March. The policewoman who had a family and Mayor of NY Bill DeBlasio missed her wake to go to the Paris Accords Conference in March.

Why does Black Lives Matter chant Pigs ona Blanket fry them like bacon.

or - What do we want? Dead Cops! When do we want them? Now!

Why isn't Black Lives Matter protesting all the shootings on the South Side of Chicago? Why don't they protest the Black on Black crime?

7 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

Not underage drinking.

So, which is it:

Not complying with the police justifies the use of deadly force? 

Or:

Not complying with the police justifies the use of force but only for certain people of certain backgrounds in certain situations? 

It seems like you are saying the latter which I hope you realize is wildly inconsistent with your assertions throughout the rest of this thread. 

Just now, rgbilliken said:

So, which is it:

Not complying with the police justifies the use of deadly force? 

Or:

Not complying with the police justifies the use of force but only for certain people of certain backgrounds in certain situations? 

It seems like you are saying the latter which I hope you realize is wildly inconsistent with your assertions throughout the rest of this thread. 

Not saying that at all.

Anthoby Lamar Smith should have complied with police officers. He would be alive today if he had.

Thst actually goes for everyone. If you comply you are more than likely to be fine.

The first step is to limit your encounters with police by not committing crimes.

If you don't comply with police like Eric Garner, Michael Brown and Anthony Lamar Smith did - you put yourself at risk.

5 minutes ago, bonwich said:

Submitted without comment. (Well, OK, I guess submitting it without comment is a commentary. Or a metacommentary. Or something like that.)

Man fires at Sunset Hills police in chase ending with crash at Carondelet Park in St. Louis

http://bit.ly/2yhw1tT

Some on this board see no problem with this.

19 minutes ago, Tilkowsky said:

You can bring up all of these.

Cops make mistakes.

Yet What I don't see is protests when a cop gets shot.

Where was Black Lives Matter when the cop was shot in NY back in March. The policewoman who had a family and Mayor of NY Bill DeBlasio missed her wake to go to the Paris Accords Conference in March.

Why does Black Lives Matter chant Pigs ona Blanket fry them like bacon.

or - What do we want? Dead Cops! When do we want them? Now!

Why isn't Black Lives Matter protesting all the shootings on the South Side of Chicago? Why don't they protest the Black on Black crime?

Why would we protest the cop being fired upon when the guilty party is going to be prosecuted? Anyone chanting violence against police is wrong, the anger is justified but that is the wrong answer.  Protesting black on black violence happens, there are many marches, but what needs to be protested is how readily available these illegal weapons are. Gun control is definitely an issue. 

8 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Why would we protest the cop being fired upon when the guilty party is going to be prosecuted? Anyone chanting violence against police is wrong, the anger is justified but that is the wrong answer.  Protesting black on black violence happens, there are many marches, but what needs to be protested is how readily available these illegal weapons are. Gun control is definitely an issue. 

You should protest the killing of cops. Whether that person is going to be prosecuted or not. You should chant Blue Lives Matter.

Why would you direct anger towards people who have stepped forward to protect you?

I have never seen Black Lives Matter protest Black on Black crime in Chicago.

Chicago Illinois has some of the toughest gun laws in the country.

So far 486 people have been killed in Chicago this year. 23 this month.

Gun laws aren't working it seems.