SLU Volleyball

billikenfan05

3 hours ago, billikenfan05 said:

My numbers may be off here because I had to work this from scratch because this sort of stuff isn't readily available. I also don't have the time to run through the individual websitses again.

vs opponents with winning records

3-8

of those losses to winning record teams 2 of them are under 500 in their conference, Drake and Marshall

of those wins one was against Troy which by record is their best win however they play in a bad sun belt conference(similar to the A-10)

2 of those 8 wins are in conference to a George Washington team that still has a chance to end up with a losing record in conference and overall.

vs opponents with losing records

11-0

of these games it took 5 sets to beat Rhode Island, Fordham and George Mason. Those three teams have 2 wins among them in conference. They were 2 points from losing to a winless-in-conference George Mason Friday night.

On top of all of this Kent Miller has absolutely no personality, has pretty much driven away all of the big time alumni from the Anne Kordes era. He has 1 win against the top 25 in 8 years. He has a .509 record as billiken head coach prior to this season which falls below his two predecessors.

A win is a win.   A loss is a loss.  You play who shows up.  There are no style points.  Hate all you want, the team is 14-8 and 8-1.  That is not a disaster.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

38 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

A win is a win.   A loss is a loss.  You play who shows up.  There are no style points.  Hate all you want, the team is 14-8 and 8-1.  That is not a disaster.

It’s not a disaster but it’s past time for him to try his hand somewhere else. I had season tickets since Marilyn Nolan was the head coach, attended nearly every game under Anne. This team stinks. 

If this was men’s basketball and they had identical results would the head coach still have a job still?