SLU Volleyball

billikenfan05

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 9/2/2018 at 11:27 AM, slu72 fan said:

You’d know better than i, but I heard they’ve lost their top 2 setters. If that’s the case, tough to compete without a good one. 

Not calling out your opinion at all just continuing this subject. 

Currently watching the Bills play KC and a setter is the least of the issues on this team. Simple passing is a chore and blocking is non-existent. Former Billiken and All-American Whitney Roth would be hard pressed to help this team win. Smokeshow 10 is the best athlete we have from what I’ve seen and she struggles to put kills down. 

Today was pathetic. What I have watched this year is not D one. Terrible. Actually feel bad for the players, they haven’t been put in a good situation. If the coach just recruited local girls, they would be top A-10 team. Blame injuries all you want, they have bigger issues. It’s bad, do not know how to win, give up and have thrown bar on the ground hoping to just trip over. 

22 minutes ago, Billy Ken said:

Today was pathetic. What I have watched this year is not D one. Terrible. Actually feel bad for the players, they haven’t been put in a good situation. If the coach just recruited local girls, they would be top A-10 team. Blame injuries all you want, they have bigger issues. It’s bad, do not know how to win, give up and have thrown bar on the ground hoping to just trip over. 

Kent may be the most awkward coach I’ve seen. The UMKC players were laughing at him and the things he’d yell at his players 

Billy Ken likes this

Coach Miller is a better dressed version of the old LaSalle coach who would read the newspaper during warmups and looked like a NY City cabbie. Team plays the same too as those old LaSalle squads. Anne was dynamic and such a nice person. What you want in a head coach. Again, I know what I see, look at results/years, and I feel bad for these kids wasting a year of their lives. They were put in a terrible position to have success. 

1 hour ago, cheeseman said:

When is his contract up?

Here’s the issue, Kent has two 20 win seasons but the A10 is really bad in Volleyball. When was I was a manager Lasalle didn’t even have a full time assistant coach. It is really hard for Kent to not have the Billikens in the top 4 in the conference year in and year out despite tanking non-con.

13 hours ago, Billy Ken said:

Coach Miller is a better dressed version of the old LaSalle coach who would read the newspaper during warmups and looked like a NY City cabbie. Team plays the same too as those old LaSalle squads. Anne was dynamic and such a nice person. What you want in a head coach. Again, I know what I see, look at results/years, and I feel bad for these kids wasting a year of their lives. They were put in a terrible position to have success. 

Everything about this coach you said it spot on 

1 hour ago, billikenfan05 said:

Here’s the issue, Kent has two 20 win seasons but the A10 is really bad in Volleyball. When was I was a manager Lasalle didn’t even have a full time assistant coach. It is really hard for Kent to not have the Billikens in the top 4 in the conference year in and year out despite tanking non-con.

So you think he will do fine in the A10 then - interesting approach to keeping your job.

1 hour ago, Billy Ken said:

05-

why do they keep him around? Serious question, you seem to have your finger in the pulse. I just don’t get it, esp since there is some excellent local talent to recruit. 

He had two 20 win seasons back to back. I believe it was 14/15 looked like he was on the path to being successful here but wasn’t able to keep that going. He usually only has one stud every couple of years with Rygalski and now Sien Gallop. Seems like Maya Taylor might turn out to be good as well. If we assume he received a 4 year contract and was extended in 2015 his contract should be up after next season. 

UNLV was there last Non-con game and they went 1-11. They play 14 games in conference.

Saint Louis could be a top 30 program most years if it kept the top local volleyball talent in town but SLU/A10 is simply not good -- especially compared to Mizzou/SEC and Illini/Big 10. Then again, we top 10 not all that long ago with Marilyn Nolen.  Penthouse to the outhouse.  

On 9/22/2018 at 9:17 PM, Billy Ken said:

1-13.....if this guy is around next year, he is related to Fred Pestello or has incriminating pictures of the AD. This is as bad as it’s been for a long, long time. 

It all will depend on how many years he has left if any on his contract.  I doubt they eat any money for a volleyball coach.