SLU Volleyball

billikenfan05

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I just was over at the SLU site and noticed other women sports are doing well. Soccer is undefeated and just recently tied a ranked KU. Field Hockey, which I advocated packing it in in the past, won more games in the last 2 weeks then they won in the last 2 decades (well close). 

14 minutes ago, tarheelbilliken said:

I just was over at the SLU site and noticed other women sports are doing well. Soccer is undefeated and just recently tied a ranked KU. Field Hockey, which I advocated packing it in in the past, won more games in the last 2 weeks then they won in the last 2 decades (well close). 

Soccer is legitimately good. Field Hockey, is getting a lot of help from international recruits and weak scheduling. I have been trying to get to a field hockey game for the last decade.

2 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Soccer is legitimately good. Field Hockey, is getting a lot of help from international recruits and weak scheduling. I have been trying to get to a field hockey game for the last decade.

Field Hockey hard to get at with games played out in Fenton. Any reason they can't move the games to that field where the track is behind the Med School? 

42 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Field hockey is played on old school carpet turf or very short artificial grass. The field at the track is grass.

26 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

Field Hockey is now playing at Sportport in Maryland Heights -  brand new turf and dedicated field for Field Hockey.

Thanks

The women's field hockey team has a nice setup at Sportport.  They have banners out for the team as well.  There is a midwest regional league that plays games there as well for club field hockey, so the SLU ladies get decent exposure there.  Field hockey has never been big in this town in the past, but there an increasing number of clubs adding teams here.  The only downside to Sportport is that the parking situation is terrible and when there are soccer games/practices (which is often) on any of the (12 - 16) soccer fields the parking is a nightmare.

• 11 months later...
4 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Billikens dropped all 3 matches of its home tournament this weekend. They are now 0-6 and have only won a single set, 

You’d know better than i, but I heard they’ve lost their top 2 setters. If that’s the case, tough to compete without a good one. 

23 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Billikens dropped all 3 matches of its home tournament this weekend. They are now 0-6 and have only won a single set, 

At least we have #10...

For those who follow it, which of our programs outside of men’s hoops have a chance to be really good?

6 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

At least we have #10...

For those who follow it, which of our programs outside of men’s hoops have a chance to be really good?

Currently none. Maybe women’s soccer but they don’t seem to be playing well as they dropped points at Vandy this weekend.

29 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

You’d know better than i, but I heard they’ve lost their top 2 setters. If that’s the case, tough to compete without a good one. 

You have to replace those players

34 minutes ago, slu72 fan said:

Tough to have 3 setters on your roster and give them all adequate practice time. I heard that the starter was hurt right before the season started. The second in the first match. 

Fair enough - I thought your post said that they had graduated but obviously I misread it.