Off topic: Moderation

• Replies 166
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

Reputation points! Finally a way I can measure myself versus other posters, besides height! 

On this, can you give people reputation points?  My account can't - but I don't know if this is because I have admin permissions...

4 hours ago, ACE said:

+1

They were gone from this board until Martin got hired. Now they're very active. And look at how passionate they were recently in defending Martin. I'm not saying their Mizzou agenda should be banned - I'm happy to help expose it and most people can recognize it now, but why do they get better treatment than Glory?    

Would it have been better if they posted consistently about Mizzou even when they were bad?

25 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

On this, can you give people reputation points?  My account can't - but I don't know if this is because I have admin permissions...

I don't see anywhere to actually award points, like someone or something. The only thing I can see is the little dot with a 0 under the avatar. 

4 minutes ago, JMM28 said:

I don't see anywhere to actually award points, like someone or something. The only thing I can see is the little dot with a 0 under the avatar. 

Gotcha.  I am in the same boat.  I am figuring out how award points (which will then (I think) partly determine Metz club membership)

23 minutes ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Would it have been better if they posted consistently about Mizzou even when they were bad?

of course it would have been better because they would have had to admit how bad they were and we could have ridiculed them to the nth degree.   we all assume that is why you have been missing the last few years.   you didnt want to face the music as to how bad your mi$$ouri tiger$ were.  

Right, because I havent proven over the last 12 years to be a Billikens fan. Because I didn't have the 1 on 1 interview with Harrellson when he was deciding between SLU and Mizzou. I really remember touting Mizzou and defending Haith. Maybe I didn't post as much the last 3 years because MIzzou and SLU had been awful. It was depressing, worse than the post "Situation" days.

2 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Right, because I havent proven over the last 12 years to be a Billikens fan. Because I didn't have the 1 on 1 interview with Harrellson when he was deciding between SLU and Mizzou. I really remember touting Mizzou and defending Haith. Maybe I didn't post as much the last 3 years because MIzzou and SLU had been awful. It was depressing, worse than the post "Situation" days.

That's a great story if it were true, but it was only the hiring of Martin that energized your posting volume on this board. Since Martin was hired, you have made more than 18 pages of posts on this board in less than a year... including some of these great SLU related posts: March 16: Cuonzo has averaged 22 wins in his last 8 seasons  & Porter and Martin meeting in California;  March 15: Don't let your Mizzou hatred turn to Zo hatred. 

Contrast that to the prior year, the time Ford was hired until Martin was hired, you made a grand total of 8 posts. 

In Ford's first year on the job it was not "awful" - in fact a lot of great SLU news you could have been celebrating with the rest of us - several promising transfers coming in, and landing several high profile players from the area (remember, the guys you are supposedly are an advocate for) Goodwin, Gordon and Thatch - YET, not a word from you.  And my favorite, your first post after the Ford hiring... "Hiring a former Mizzou Tiger is definitely the way to go"

So yes, in your own words you "havent proven over the last 12 years to be a Billikens fan" 

You might be conning one of the mods, but you ain't fooling anybody else.

11 minutes ago, ACE said:

That's a great story if it were true, but it was only the hiring of Martin that energized your posting volume on this board. Since Martin was hired, you have made more than 18 pages of posts on this board in less than a year... including some of these great SLU related posts: March 16: Cuonzo has averaged 22 wins in his last 8 seasons  & Porter and Martin meeting in California;  March 15: Don't let your Mizzou hatred turn to Zo hatred. 

Contrast that to the prior year, the time Ford was hired until Martin was hired, you made a grand total of 8 posts. 

In Ford's first year on the job it was not "awful" - in fact a lot of great SLU news you could have been celebrating with the rest of us - several promising transfers coming in, and landing several high profile players from the area (remember, the guys you are supposedly are an advocate for) Goodwin, Gordon and Thatch - YET, not a word from you.  And my favorite, your first post after the Ford hiring... "Hiring a former Mizzou Tiger is definitely the way to go"

So yes, in your own words you "havent proven over the last 12 years to be a Billikens fan" 

This. This is good work. I'll be saving my cans for you, Ace. 

Okay.  I added a reputation system.

Currently, your can react to 3 posts a day.  You can say a post was good or a trolling post.  I can then set some threshold that if someone's reputation falls below a certain point, they will be a member of the Metz club.  They can then work their way out of the Metz club by posting good posts (as judged by the community).

Right now, Skip has the best reputation.  Of 1.

31 minutes ago, ACE said:

It was awful. And yes I'm a huge Martin supporter. That makes me less of a Billikens fan?  

11 minutes ago, SluSignGuy said:

Okay.  I added a reputation system.

Currently, your can react to 3 posts a day.  You can say a post was good or a trolling post.  I can then set some threshold that if someone's reputation falls below a certain point, they will be a member of the Metz club.  They can then work their way out of the Metz club by posting good posts (as judged by the community).

Right now, Skip has the best reputation.  Of 1.

-who sees the judging and the judge? by this I mean if like a post or think it is a troll, who can see that I did that? if it is all in the open, that might be the way to be

1 minute ago, Cowboy said:

-who sees the judging and the judge? by this I mean if like a post or think it is a troll, who can see that I did that? if it is all in the open, that might be the way to be

I just turned it on to be all in the open.  If people are going to complain about trolling (which is the main reason this is being implemented), they will have to put a little skin in the game by calling a post a troll post.  At least for now.  I am open to counter arguments to keep it private.

1 hour ago, ACE said:

You’ve still got it Ace! Great to see it. Master troll detective. 

Westy03 likes this

1 hour ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

It was awful. And yes I'm a huge Martin supporter. That makes me less of a Billikens fan?  

At the end of the day it doesn't matter who you root for if the main purpose of your posts is to antagonize the SLU fans that post on Billikens.com.

1 minute ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

Disagreeing with hate speech on Martin is antagonizing SLU fans?

I've defended your right to post your opinion — and taken some heat for it — but I think the point that demonstrated that you might be a little bit obnoxious was when you made posts about Jontay Porter's commitment to Missouri, when surely you know that all SLU fans knew he would attend Mizzou.  We simply didn't need that.  That's the kind of thing that sends a message that you might not have what is of interest to SLU fans in mind when you post.

Customizing your content to suit your audience is never a bad idea.

4 hours ago, STL Hoops Insider said:

V-Time.  12 years of not withdrawing your registration on this Board does not make you a Billiken fan.  Have you made some favorable Billiken posts over the past 12 years?  Of course.  But I would suggest that the overwhelming vast majority have been related to the promotion of local players to help get their names out not only to SLU but to any other college whether D1, D2, DIII, NAIA, etc.  There for awhile, you were providing us with a watch list of over 40 local guys - most of whom had skills far below that of SLU.  Recently, you praise for Coach Martin and Mizzou have been relentless - in part because of your love for Martin/Tigers but also b/c 14 additional roster spots at Mizzou are now open to St. Louis kids in addition to the 14 roster spots here at SLU for you to help get their names out.  Do you offer something to this Board?  Yes.  Are you different than a regular troll?  Yes.  Should you be banned?  No.  But don't act like you have been some loyal Billiken fan these past 12 years.  

Old guy likes this