Post Dispatch

willie

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm glad Ortiz is gone. He was horrible on so many levels and his take on S2 was beyond awful.

It does suck though that the author of the air ambulances piece was let go. This country lacks real investigative journalism and the media has turned into little more than hot take opinion pieces from both sides of the aisle. Investigative journalism is one of the few things worth reading in most newspapers, especially the Post, anymore.

To that point, I'm still waiting on Ben Fred's investigative journalism on S2. 😠

slufanskip and Schasz like this

5 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I'm glad Ortiz is gone. He was horrible on so many levels and his take on S2 was beyond awful.

It does suck though that the author of the air ambulances piece was let go. This country lacks real investigative journalism and the media has turned into little more than hot take opinion pieces from both sides of the aisle. Investigative journalism is one of the few things worth reading in most newspapers, especially the Post, anymore.

To that point, I'm still waiting on Ben Fred's investigative journalism on S2. 😠

100%

Looking forward to Ortiz covering our game against Houston.

9 minutes ago, kshoe said:

I don't like to criticize journalists who are trying to do their job, but Ortiz was the worst I have ever seen at entrenching himself in grossly uninformed opinions and then belittling readers who disagreed based upon actual knowledge or facts. He also had so many biases and close-minded perspectives that impacted how he did his job effectively. The impression I got was that he never gained the respect of his sports colleagues for many of these reasons. 

3 minutes ago, davidnark said:

I don't like to criticize journalists who are trying to do their job, but Ortiz was the worst I have ever seen at entrenching himself in grossly uninformed opinions and then belittling readers who disagreed based upon actual knowledge or facts. He also had so many biases and close-minded perspectives that impacted how he did his job effectively. The impression I got was that he never gained the respect of his sports colleagues for many of these reasons. 

Or those within the Cardinals organization for that matter.

Brighton likes this

20 minutes ago, davidnark said:

great post david.  i woulda just gave you the "good post" but you moderators escape that feedback

TheChosenOne likes this

6 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

Can we just once get a weekly chat with Ben Fred or Hochman? Maybe our lazy a$$ beat writer would like to do some actual work for once.

There was another live Q&A get together at the MAC with all the Post Dispatch sports writers.  I will give you one guess on which one wasnt there.  

2 hours ago, Old guy said:

Actually there is a word in German, Schaudenfreude, which means exactly that: taking pleasure in someone else's misfortunes.

Let's not forget the French, but I'll do it in English - La Rochfoucauld (or some such) said there was something not unpleasant in the misfortunes of others. 🍻

17 minutes ago, TFord and TRavs said:

I seriously can’t wait for local Missouri Slu bandwagon fans when we make a run. It will happen and I won’t be against them or call them bandwagon. They just need a winning team 

You did just preemptively call them "bandwagon" fans.

Anyway, I believe it will be between the end of the 2018-19 season and the beginning of the 2019-20 season that SLU will pick up its bandwagon fans.