Post Dispatch

willie

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, kshoe said:

Well, the last few years have shown we only have about 4-5k die-hard fans, and believe me the Crews years made us all die hard. I'll take any fans we can get at this point...

Agreed, that's why we need to come out of the gate running at full steam.  We need a few warm-ups (buy games) (yes even our favorite opponent, Rockhurst) to get used to playing with all the new teammates and in the Ford system.  We have some tough games fairly early, Seton Hall away and Butler on 12/1 and hopefully not Houston (away) in November.  If we can get our act together early and be ready for these games, especially if Gordon is a factor from the beginning, we will start to build a following and start to draw more than 5000 to the Fetz.  Hopefully the season is like a ball rolling  downhill, gathering steam as it goes.

I was pumped (pre S2) last year, but nowhere near as much as this year!

Edit:  I just noticed that the Houston game is in mid-December.  I'm glad it's not in November,  I don't know if we would be ready for them early in the year.

23 minutes ago, bauman said:

Agreed, that's why we need to come out of the gate running at full steam.  We need a few warm-ups (buy games) (yes even our favorite opponent, Rockhurst) to get used to playing with all the new teammates and in the Ford system.  We have some tough games fairly early, Seton Hall away and Butler on 12/1 and hopefully not Houston (away) in November.  If we can get our act together early and be ready for these games, especially if Gordon is a factor from the beginning, we will start to build a following and start to draw more than to the Fetz.  Hopefully the season is like a ball rolling  downhill, gathering steam as it goes.

I was pumped (pre S2) last year, but nowhere near as much as this year!

We will sell out multiple games this season. MB 5* Lock

35 minutes ago, bauman said:

we will start to build a following and start to draw more than 5000 to the Fetz. 

we'll have a 6,500+ crowd at some point before early/mid dec

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

we'll have a 6,500+ crowd at some point before early/mid dec

I think the Butler game on 12/1 might approach a sellout if we have a decent November (no more than one loss).  Butler has quite a few grads and student's parents here and their fans travel well, much like SVU

edit; Sorry to have gotten off the original topic.

Edited by bauman
typo

• 2 months later...
52 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Ortiz is back at the Post writing news articles. 

Booooooo.   He should be at a horse farm somewhere shoveling manure

16 minutes ago, Old guy said:

He may have lasted a month or so in his new job at Houston, so he came back to the PD. The big surprise is that they took him back. Who are the clowns in this story line?

I suspect he NEVER had a job in Houston but rather said he did as a face saving act.  Hopefullly he never writes another sports article at the Post-Disgrace, although they deserve each other.

21 minutes ago, Old guy said:

No basements in mobile homes but they do have crawlspaces between the bottom of the unit and the ground. Nasty places those crawlspaces.

this isnt necessarily true.   to get long term financing for manufactured homes it is required that they be attached to a permanent foundation and all the undercarriage be removed.   

most permanent foundations will be basement foundations as the difference in cost is not all that much in the big picture.  

now if the resident doesnt own the land concerned then you are correct in your statement in all cases.   but if they resident does own the land and wants a long term fixed rate financing option there will be foundation that the manufactured home is permanently attached to.   

29 minutes ago, Old guy said:

That I did not know, thanks Roy.

Take a drive to my neck of the woods, Jefferson County, and you will find plenty of mobile homes on foundations.

Ortiz and the PD a perfect match that could not live without each other.

The PD can get back to fair and honest commentary again.

3 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

this isnt necessarily true.   to get long term financing for manufactured homes it is required that they be attached to a permanent foundation and all the undercarriage be removed.   

most permanent foundations will be basement foundations as the difference in cost is not all that much in the big picture.  

now if the resident doesnt own the land concerned then you are correct in your statement in all cases.   but if they resident does own the land and wants a long term fixed rate financing option there will be foundation that the manufactured home is permanently attached to.   

We can't insure them unless they are on foundations........You know what crawl spaces are for???  You put your weed in there.....

fyi, that is my benfred reply not my wife's in the comments.   when i signed in, the post grabbed her facebook signon for some reason.   but i take credit for telling him he's clueless.  

37 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

fyi, that is my benfred reply not my wife's in the comments.   when i signed in, the post grabbed her facebook signon for some reason.   but i take credit for telling him he's clueless.  

Anita should post more often!😁

41 minutes ago, billiken_roy said:

Behind every successful man........

50 minutes ago, HenryB said:

BenFred just states his opinion on who would would win a Mi$$ou - SLU game.  Of course, he tells us the scumbags to the west would win.

https://www.stltoday.com/sports/columns/ben-frederickson/quick-hits-benfred-on-stl-sports/collection_ad924ea6-7fa5-5dd0-8b44-bad6f8de9e7f.html

I love how he states, his opinion that SPUMAC would win due to the experience of their two bigs, One of whom is a thin player the age of Freshmen with both of them having ONE year of experience-wow, that is some experience advantage.  Let's see, we have French, Santos and Foreman with a combined 6, yes six years of D-1experience and Gordon who is rated as a top F/C in the incoming class of Bigs.  It's one thing to state an opinion that Porter and Tillmon are both good returning Bigs, but don't try to sell the fact that they have more experience than the SLU Bigs, with that being the reason SPUMAC would win.  Then he goes on to somewhat concede that the SLU guards are better, so basically he is just giving the biased opinion of a SPUMAC grad.  Hey Ben, why don't you work on your school to play SLU-no wait, I don't want to hurt our strength of schedule by playing the boys from Columbia.

One further question Ben, how much experience did Tillmon get sitting on the bench with foul trouble most games?