Post Dispatch

willie

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Mizzou cheated (kind of) so they get what they get. They need to be punished but this seems a little extreme. 

And this is just insane.

From Gabe DeArmond at the presser with Dave Roberts.

followed up asking if schools are now being encouraged not to cooperate or tell the truth. Roberts: "You can certainly make that argument."

https://mobile.twitter.com/gabedearmond/status/1091037808800743424

The thing I don’t get is why the postseason ban and recruiting limitations. It had nothing to do with recruiting.

How does UNC get away with 18 years of academic fraud. Michigan St, Baylor, etc also did terrible things and nothing happened to them. 

A rogue tutor helped TWO football players with homework without Mizzou’s knowledge. When they found out, they fired her, suspended the player, and reported it to the NCAA. Then the NCAA comes out and says that it would have been better to lie about and say it never happened.

The NCAA is incredibly corrupt. The schools that make Moreno money for them get off easy while the lesser schools take the fall.  

1 hour ago, slusam said:

As in all these cases the players there today are being punished for something they had nothing to do with. Doesnt seem fair.

On the other hand, if you pick that school you gotta know the history and that there is a decent chance there will be a problem with the NCAA during your time there.

slusam likes this

1 hour ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

Then the NCAA comes out and says that it would have been better to lie about and say it never happened.

This is what blows my mind.

The guy from the NCAA actually admitted schools should lie.

Unbelievable.

What worries me when things this outrageous happen is that the power 5 football schools are going to say screw it and try to break off. The NCAA is so corrupt they are almost begging schools to create an alternative.

I don’t know if this can or will happen. I’m sure there is a lot more to it but a “business” this corrupt is going to go belly up eventually.

billiken_roy likes this

24 minutes ago, dlarry said:

This is what blows my mind.

The guy from the NCAA actually admitted schools should lie.

Unbelievable.

What worries me when things this outrageous happen is that the power 5 football schools are going to say screw it and try to break off. The NCAA is so corrupt they are almost begging schools to create an alternative.

I don’t know if this can or will happen. I’m sure there is a lot more to it but a “business” this corrupt is going to go belly up eventually.

1.  mi$$ouri admitted guilt hoping their cooperation would pay off in lenancy

2. unc declared their innocence and in the end were lauded for establishing new academic programs  

conclusions, honesty doesnt pay lie, cheat admit nothing and win.  of course it didnt hurt that unc is a blue blood ncaa basketball program and the unwritten unsaid word is they are teflon and  along with the likes of duke, kansas, etc can pretty much do whatever they want.  sickening

• 1 month later...
2 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

He did mention the Blues, though.

• 3 weeks later...

I didn't know where else to put this but saw this article this morning and thought it was interesting.  SLU drew a 3.8 with the championship game on Sunday, beating out Cardinals spring training (2.1) and drew better than the final round of the Players Championship.  Only the Blues had a better rating that day (4.1) which was played after the SLU game was over.  

Link

CBFan likes this

10 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I didn't know where else to put this but saw this article this morning and thought it was interesting.  SLU drew a 3.8 with the championship game on Sunday, beating out Cardinals spring training (2.1) and drew better than the final round of the Players Championship.  Only the Blues had a better rating that day (4.1) which was played after the SLU game was over.  

Link

I read that thinking maybe the Billikens are making the kind of waves in the community that we saw under Spoon. Boy, a nice run in the dance sure would help attendance next year. Especially with the locals we got coming in.

Billiken Rich likes this

12 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

Link

It’s also fair to say St Patrick’s festivities took away from the viewing audience. 

I was at Dogtown for an hour before the game and saw a surprising amount of Billikens apparel and signs

1 hour ago, slu72 said:

I read that thinking maybe the Billikens are making the kind of waves in the community that we saw under Spoon. Boy, a nice run in the dance sure would help attendance next year. Especially with the locals we got coming in.

With Spoon there was an air of over achievement TF has a better foundation as recruiter with great pedigree. We played at the Arena for the Spoon bubble so his attendance records won’t be topped. 

1 hour ago, almaman said:

With Spoon there was an air of over achievement TF has a better foundation as recruiter with great pedigree. We played at the Arena for the Spoon bubble so his attendance records won’t be topped. 

I think most of his years were at Kielviscottenter but your point remains valid. The SLU-SPUMAC game there was something like 22,000 I think. Those records can't be broken except if playing again at the Dome maybe. And there were games there too in the 20,000s.

7 minutes ago, White Pelican said:

I think most of his years were at Kielviscottenter but your point remains valid. The SLU-SPUMAC game there was something like 22,000 I think. Those records can't be broken except if playing again at the Dome maybe. And there were games there too in the 20,000s.

I believe there was a 26k game at the dome.