Post Dispatch

willie

• Replies 314
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

10 minutes ago, BillsBeliever!!! said:

The Blues, Cards, and both Mizzou team seem to be more important to them... eve during the offseason for the Cards 

Cards, Blues, Mizzou football and even Mizzou basketball deserve the coverage they get from a business standpoint.  That doesn’t mean SLU basketball shouldn’t get more coverage.

if they would consistently cover SLU better they would get the click counts they would say they are looking for.  SLU fans would know to go to the Post to find what they want to see.

It is nice that Ortiz wrote an article about SLU’s coaching search for soccer.  Today just wasn’t the day for it.  That column space should have gone to the SLU basketball game the night before. It is just an example of not giving that potential audience what they want, but they can cover their ass by saying they had a column about SLU.

20 hours ago, 73Billiken said:

I think SLU, Mizzou, So Ill, and Mo St would all beat Illinois on a neutral court  They are awful.  The antler has them at #1.

3 hours ago, thetorch said:

I think SLU, Mizzou, So Ill, and Mo St would all beat Illinois on a neutral court  They are awful.  The antler has them at #1.

Exactly, even though he's putting SLU above Mizzou here, it doesn't change the fact that he is an idiot.

I do take this as a sign that the natives in Columbia are getting restless earlier than anticipated (some of that probably has to do w nervousness surrounding MPJ injury).  I mean the were practically anointing Cuonzo as the second coming when he arrived and stole a bunch of recruits from other places.  One loss to Utah (this article was before the Emporia State debacle) and the rats are fleeing the ship at the first sign of any potential trouble.  I thought the honeymoon would last a while longer. 

Jeff Gordon gets crap on here because he is a former antler but I've always felt he gives SLU a fair shake. Others on this board can't get over the fact he's a Mizzou grad. It's funny, posters on tigerboard think he's a traitor and a SLU lover.

His articles are never great for super fans of whatever sport he's writing about but they are helpful for casual fans.

1 minute ago, kshoe said:

Jeff Gordon gets crap on here because he is a former antler but I've always felt he gives SLU a fair shake. Others on this board can't get over the fact he's a Mizzou grad. It's funny, posters on tigerboard think he's a traitor and a SLU lover.

His articles are never great for super fans of whatever sport he's writing about but they are helpful for casual fans of whatever topic he's writing about.

Totally agree on Gordon

47 minutes ago, SShoe said:

I found Hochman's article today kind of funny.  The current narrative is that Mizzou sports programs are cursed and that Porter's injury is the type of thing that would only happen at Mizzou.  Sure, that's it.

No One But Mizzou Fans Would Believe It

I can’t believe that he said “is that even a realschool?” when listing some of the schools that Mizzou lost to last year. I understand it was said in jest, but still, what a disrespectful prick.

1 hour ago, SShoe said:

I found Hochman's article today kind of funny.  The current narrative is that Mizzou sports programs are cursed and that Porter's injury is the type of thing that would only happen at Mizzou.  Sure, that's it.

No One But Mizzou Fans Would Believe It

What - doesn't he know that it is hard to be a Billiken fan?  

On 11/21/2017 at 10:51 AM, kshoe said:

His articles are never great for super fans of whatever sport he's writing about but they are helpful for casual fans.

Agree 100%. Jeff is always fair to SLU. I think he sometimes even writes about them when he wouldn't otherwise have to. For any journalist, that's great. For an ex-Antler, impressive.

As to his articles not being great for super fans, again agree. In fairness, much of his writing responsibility is short form: tipsheet and quick hits, with medium length at best. Thus his job priority seemingly is to most often cover wide range of topics at high level. He's a good writer and would be great to see more in-depth from him.

1 hour ago, Adman said:

Agree 100%. Jeff is always fair to SLU. I think he sometimes even writes about them when he wouldn't otherwise have to. For any journalist, that's great. For an ex-Antler, impressive.

As to his articles not being great for super fans, again agree. In fairness, much of his writing responsibility is short form: tipsheet and quick hits, with medium length at best. Thus his job priority seemingly is to most often cover wide range of topics at high level. He's a good writer and would be great to see more in-depth from him.

His tipsheet is a must read for me. 

One of the few must reads left in the Post.

• 1 month later...
12 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-Stu on the road again with the Bills, if we don't start winning some games I can see this practice ending

I can see just the opposite when and if the situation outcome is handed down; they’d want a reporter imbedded with the team to get the first sound bytes. It’s all dirty laundry, Joe Walsh, the life of illusion.