Torrence Watson

booyaa87

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

22 minutes ago, gobillsgo said:

I think the general feeling around here is that he is gonna go to Mizzou.  I'd like to be wrong. He's a great player. 

then the general feeling would be 'tool'....... COME ON HOME TORRENCE

1 hour ago, NextYearBill said:

then the general feeling would be 'tool'....... COME ON HOME TORRENCE

It would be so sweet on multiple levels if Watson committed to the Bills. 

Hope all the chatter is wrong and Corey Tate is posted up outside his house right now. 

12 minutes ago, MattyMo213 said:

Would we rather have Watson as opposed to Jared Rhoden, as 247 has him predicted to come to SLU? Not to mention getting Rhoden could boost our recruiting rep in the east.

I would be extremely happy with either.  

The Rhoden, Watson thing is an interesting dynamic.  In that if they are considering SLU it could force them to commit sooner than later.  You don't want to be always available and unattractive.  The fact that someone else might take your spot can motivate you.  

Pimpin' ain't easy.

From 247 Sports Insider (in the bold text):

"For some reason, Ohio State can't take Watson.  It's not academics and its not drugs.  Something in his background is holding up Ohio State.  I was told Missouri - in the same boat as Ohio State - may not be able to take him either"

I'm no genius, but through process of elimination, SLU may end up landing Watson - the only other option based on his desire to stay "close to home".

IMG_0197.JPG.jpeg

17 minutes ago, WVBilliken said:

Now that is very odd.....

Likely complete bs. This is big time D1 ball and you can do just about anything and still find a team. Watson by all accounts is a great kid so I'm not buying it at all.

2 minutes ago, TheOne said:

Given the fact that OSU and Mizzou are both public, are there events that could have occured that a private school like SLU may have the ability to overlook that a public school cannot?

You seemed to hear thing about Tilmon, heard anything about Watson? Seems like you're alluding to something 

21 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

You seemed to hear thing about Tilmon, heard anything about Watson? Seems like you're alluding to something 

Based on his statement it sounds like it's based on a personal, private family matter. I'm going to say a prayer that things go well for him and them, whatever it is.

While I think this is completely made up, it is sort of a fun mental exercise to speculate how on earth SLU would be in a position to accept a 4 star athlete into the school but Ohio St and Mizzou cannot due to "rules".  Here is the best I could come up with:  Torrance Watson is in fact an alien from outer space and public universities are only allowed to accept people from Earth...but SLU has no such rule.  Final Four 2018 baby....Monstars style.

22 minutes ago, SLU_Nick said:

While I think this is completely made up, it is sort of a fun mental exercise to speculate how on earth SLU would be in a position to accept a 4 star athlete into the school but Ohio St and Mizzou cannot due to "rules".  Here is the best I could come up with:  Torrance Watson is in fact an alien from outer space and public universities are only allowed to accept people from Earth...but SLU has no such rule.  Final Four 2018 baby....Monstars style.

I honestly can't conceive of one situation in which this would be the case, especially when Watson already committed to OSU in the first place, signaling mutual agreement. This is not to say that SLU is "better" than either school; I just can't understand what would keep him from enrolling at either of those but not be an issue at SLU.

Of course, the text above only talks about OSU and Mizzou and says nothing about other potential landing spots, so we have no idea that this would be the case.

13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I honestly can't conceive of one situation in which this would be the case, especially when Watson already committed to OSU in the first place, signaling mutual agreement. This is not to say that SLU is "better" than either school; I just can't understand what would keep him from enrolling at either of those but not be an issue at SLU.

Of course, the text above only talks about OSU and Mizzou and says nothing about other potential landing spots, so we have no idea that this would be the case.

Agreed. The whole thing sounds made up. The type of thing a team/school feeds an unnamed "source" when a recruits decides to decommit. 

11 hours ago, kshoe said:

Likely complete bs. This is big time D1 ball and you can do just about anything and still find a team. Watson by all accounts is a great kid so I'm not buying it at all.

The first "fact" in this piece claims that he's from Illinois.  Judge the accuracy of everything else accordingly.