2017-2018 Schedule

• Replies 465
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

16 hours ago, 615Billiken said:

So excited for this season.

Im sad, however, because I just got some pre-beginning of the year info from SLU in the mail and grad students are not included in the free tickets for students deal. Bummer.

Thinking about getting the $99 season tickets though. Are they worth it? Are there any benefits that's come included other than admission (maybe playing a few minutes during blowout games)? I tried to do my research online but couldn't find anything so I wanted to hear from some people with season ticket experience.

....its $99..... for like 20 games.... yeah its worth it.

19 hours ago, 615Billiken said:

Im sad, however, because I just got some pre-beginning of the year info from SLU in the mail and grad students are not included in the free tickets for students deal. Bummer.

Is this something new or have grad/law/med students had access to student tickets in the past?

3 minutes ago, bonwich said:

Is this something new or have grad/law/med students had access to student tickets in the past?

Well, this is my first year at SLU, so I don't know. I had heard that students got in free so I was under the assumption that grad/law/med students were under that umbrella.

When I received my first summer bill it broke down the fees that I was paying for. I looked at the fee definitions on the little catalog that they also sent and the fee that includes free admission to games was not included in my bill. Additionally, the fee that gets students in free specified undergrads. 

5 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

Well, this is my first year at SLU, so I don't know. I had heard that students got in free so I was under the assumption that grad/law/med students were under that umbrella.

When I received my first summer bill it broke down the fees that I was paying for. I looked at the fee definitions on the little catalog that they also sent and the fee that includes free admission to games was not included in my bill. Additionally, the fee that gets students in free specified undergrads. 

I thought grad students could opt in. 

Also, the $100 season ticket works out to like 6.67 a game. Cheaper than a beer, man. Do it!

16 minutes ago, 615Billiken said:

Not asking you (since I know you're a newbie :) ) as much as the MBMs as a whole. I do remember something about the law students coming as a group a few years back, but I don't recall the details. 

Edit: I did manage to dig through the SLU website and it does explicitly say that there's a $15 fee built into the structure that provides for the undergrad admission. However, at this point in our fan-building, if there's no provision for grad/med/law students to participate in that program, that would be...um....

So, it will cost you $100 to attend the games, plus whatever beer or food you consume. This is really a very good price. As a grad student you must become habituated to obtaining nourishment from ramen noodles ($0.25 per package with occasional sales at $0.22) and the like. The season tickets are an inexpensive way to purchase entertainment, however if you want to have an occasional date to the basketball games you are going to need two season tickets for $200. Understand this, as a freshman grad/professional school student money will not be in your future for at least a few years, you must do as best as you can with what you can get. Good luck for the future. 

32 minutes ago, Old guy said:

So, it will cost you $100 to attend the games, plus whatever beer or food you consume. This is really a very good price. As a grad student you must become habituated to obtaining nourishment from ramen noodles ($0.25 per package with occasional sales at $0.22) and the like. The season tickets are an inexpensive way to purchase entertainment, however if you want to have an occasional date to the basketball games you are going to need two season tickets for $200. Understand this, as a freshman grad/professional school student money will not be in your future for at least a few years, you must do as best as you can with what you can get. Good luck for the future. 

So you're saying 615 should buy a Bentley?

On 8/5/2017 at 4:06 PM, 615Billiken said:

Thinking about getting the $99 season tickets though. Are they worth it? Are there any benefits that's come included other than admission (maybe playing a few minutes during blowout games)? I tried to do my research online but couldn't find anything so I wanted to hear from some people with season ticket experience.

The method of entry for students (flashing student ID) makes this nearly impossible to enforce if it is true. I am a current med student who attended numerous games for "free" ($50K) last year. I would imagine it wouldn't be an issue until they are as popular as they were a few years ago when you needed to pick up a printed ticket in addition to flashing your ID. For now, I think they are happy to have students of any sort fill that section. 

On 8/6/2017 at 10:11 PM, BillsNBrews1818 said:

The method of entry for students (flashing student ID) makes this nearly impossible to enforce if it is true. I am a current med student who attended numerous games for "free" ($50K) last year. I would imagine it wouldn't be an issue until they are as popular as they were a few years ago when you needed to pick up a printed ticket in addition to flashing your ID. For now, I think they are happy to have students of any sort fill that section. 

Yeah, I really can't imagine them turning grad students away. I even know people who graduated several years ago and got in by flashing their old student IDs at the gate last year.

On 8/6/2017 at 0:37 PM, Old guy said:

Are they really a quarter apiece now? I used to be able to get a 10 pack for 70 cents at the Lindell Schnuck's.

1 hour ago, hsmith19 said:

Are they really a quarter apiece now? I used to be able to get a 10 pack for 70 cents at the Lindell Schnuck's.

Still sometimes a dime when the stores put them out as a loss leader. 

Of course you can also now go to a very popular restaurant and drop $10-$20 for a bowl of ramen. ;)

47 minutes ago, Old guy said:

Hsmith19 they are a quarter a piece at Dierberg's now, occasionally they go on sale at $0.22. Paying $10-$20 for a bowl of ramen is nuts as far as I am concerned.

Ripoff. I would cook three at a time to make a full bowl of noodles (no soup). 75 cents per Ramen meal is highway robbery.