Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

4 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Patience grasshopper.  I think there will be some news soon

Would this good news be related to a high school recruit, transfer, grad transfer, or the locking of the coronavirus thread?

Can someone drop off a briefcase of money at Coach's house? I need something new and exciting to talk about. So help me GOD if I hear another word about Tiger Man...

RiseAndGrind likes this

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, VeniceMenace said:

Quick, someone disinfect that briefcase of cash...

I'm old and willing to risk it for the right recruit. Box has a family so he's still 50/50. It's a tough call for him as you can imagine. Your and your families health vs Billiken Basketball. How the f.ck do you make a decision like that?  Box is struggling, but he's a good man. I think he'll do the right thing

brianstl and VeniceMenace like this

21 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

I'm old and willing to risk it for the right recruit. Box has a family so he's still 50/50. It's a tough call for him as you can imagine. Your and your families health vs Billiken Basketball. How the f.ck do you make a decision like that?  Box is struggling, but he's a good man. I think he'll do the right thing

I’m all in. I have procured a hazmat suit and am ready to roll.

There’s no way we’re doing this electronically - there’s simply no substitute for a good old-fashioned briefcase or canvas bag with a dollar sign painted on it. It’s what recruits want.

12 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

There’s no way we’re doing this electronically - there’s simply no substitute for a good old-fashioned briefcase or canvas bag with a dollar sign painted on it. It’s what recruits want.

Not all recruits!

Getting-to-Know-Ricky-Roe.jpg?id=f150711

37 minutes ago, slufanskip said:

luv it boomer MBM willing to die for team Blue for younger MBM.s. I cheer you from # least 6'

slufanskip likes this

4 hours ago, Box and Won said:

Alright then. Glad to hear you made the right decision. Briefcase deliveries will continue to be made the same way they always have been. Something to be said for tradition. 

Box and Won likes this

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

I'm having a hard time separating Coach 314's "soon" statement from Sheltie Dave's "Kobe Clark is a lock" statement...... all recruiting/insiders being equal and all. 

Please use the right L word.

I wrote lean, not lock.

As it turned out, he immediately leaned the other way, right out of the picture. 😏

17 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

I believe he has been discussed previously on this board

Correct. An offer was first reported back in early October, so this was either a refresh or that was not really an offer or maybe misreported. Regardless, we've been recruiting him since then and have discussed him here. Charlotte, Pepperdine, and Illinois State are his new offers this week.

On 4/2/2020 at 3:03 PM, Pistol said:

Dusan Mahorcic highlights: 

He played his freshman year at Lewis University in the Chicago suburbs. Sophomore year at Moberly Area CC, so he'd have two years of eligibility beginning this coming season.

Bumping this.

NextYearBill likes this

20 minutes ago, Franchise_08 said:

I believe he has been discussed previously on this board

I trust in Ford's ability to recruit, but I'm a bit lukewarm on this one based on his video and stats. Only 16% from 3 - so not a stretch big. And worse - 54% FT - ugh. He seems like he could be a serviceable backup if French gets into foul trouble, but not sure he upgrades the roster much. I'd rather prioritize a high impact sit one transfer.

8 minutes ago, ACE said:

I trust in Ford's ability to recruit, but I'm a bit lukewarm on this one based on his video and stats. Only 16% from 3 - so not a stretch big. And worse - 54% FT - ugh. He seems like he could be a serviceable backup if French gets into foul trouble, but not sure he upgrades the roster much. I'd rather prioritize a high impact sit one transfer.

That’s where I’m at too. Ford is the one who has to put together the roster and is judged for its successes/ failures, so I generally defer to the coach during the recruiting process. 
This guy could be a decent backup, or maybe he has improved a lot recently to suggest he is better than the D-2 player he was a year ago. I’ll admit, I didn’t have high expectations for Perkins before this season, and he turned to be an absolute stud.