Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

Ryan Myers - PG, 6-2, 180 - Brooklyn, NY (Christ the King)

Offers: NC State, Holy Cross, UC-Riverside, Bryant, Sacred Heart, Alabama A&M.

Interest: SLU, South Carolina, Temple, Delaware, Siena.

Latest News: Myers played well at the Hoophall Classic, leading all scorers in a win over Vashon. (1/22/19)

Scouting Report: Myers is a strong left-handed guard with good size and the ability to control the offense. He sees the floor and passes extremely well. He's tough and handles the ball in transition and traffic, and is a crafty finisher in the lane. He's a good shooter off the catch or the dribble.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Vashon beat Long Island Lutheran 63-59 in OT yesterday in the Montverde Academy Invitational Tournament. I don't know if SLU was in the house, but UNC, Iowa State, Kansas, Florida, UCF, and others were. The game is notable because so many SLU offers were on the floor: Cam'Ron Fletcher (2020), Kobe Clark (2020), and Nicholas Kern (2021) for Vashon and Zed Key (2020) and Drissa Traore (2021) for LuHi. Fletcher and Key had uncharacteristically quiet games, but Clark had 13. The box score is pretty limited, so I'm not sure if Traore or Kern sat or if they just didn't score.

Vashon will play the host Montverde Academy today. This isn't Jimerson's squad; he's on the CBD (fifth/prep year) team. Montverde's varsity team is ranked in the top 5 nationally.

I wouldn't really call Kobe Clark a live offer at this point.  He's basically become the 5th scoring option for Vashon. He's running into the same problem that Joseph Reece did a couple of years ago.  Playing on a loaded squad when your skills are still developing can stunt your growth.

Assuming we sign one grad transfer and two more freshmen in 2019, carrying over one would leave us two scholarships for 2020.   Luke Kasubke and Davion Bradford would sure be nice fits - a bonafide shooter with size and a traditional big man with major upside.  

Keshawn Williams, the combo guard out of Chicago Bloom who has also been a visitor at Chaifetz, is having a really nice season.  He's quick, explosive, plays under control and makes free throws.  I really like him.

Zink and Pistol like this

54 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

I wouldn't really call Kobe Clark a live offer at this point.  He's basically become the 5th scoring option for Vashon. He's running into the same problem that Joseph Reece did a couple of years ago.  Playing on a loaded squad when your skills are still developing can stunt your growth.

Assuming we sign one grad transfer and two more freshmen in 2019, carrying over one would leave us two scholarships for 2020.   Luke Kasubke and Davion Bradford would sure be nice fits - a bonafide shooter with size and a traditional big man with major upside.  

Keshawn Williams, the combo guard out of Chicago Bloom who has also been a visitor at Chaifetz, is having a really nice season.  He's quick, explosive, plays under control and makes free throws.  I really like him.

-any idea if we have a shot at him Being a Billiken?

30 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-any idea if we have a shot at him Being a Billiken?

We have a shot at practically any mid-major+ recruit in the Midwest. or the East Coast  That's our floor.  The staff is doing their due dilligence and identifying A-10 level players like Keshawn Williams and Ryan Myers early. 

If you notice, the only time we get early commits is from local players.  We're  many months away from getting a commitment from anybody else.  Those guys either have other opportunities that they're still exploring or are secondary options on our board.

23 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I'll be interested to see what he has to say about Love and Kasubke, and whether anyone else hits his radar, like Matteus Case.

I was at that game (Tatum/Cook/Gladson freshmen year), dragged my wife there too. Chaminade won the game (I remember most folks walking out saying that Tatum was the best player on the court as a freshman), but I also remember coming away being incredibly impressed with McCaw (also having no idea how Doby? was considered a high major type prospect). Jordan Barnett as a player in high school was always an enigma to me, but man he could run and jump.

Is this the guy   (Eric Bossi) that said Jimmerson was a top 5 shooter in the 2019 class?

Off topic: where does Bossi live? In the comments under his tweet, he says he lives 2 miles from an Imos but I'm pretty sure Imos is only in MO and IL? Is he originally from STL?

28 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I was at that game (Tatum/Cook/Gladson freshmen year), dragged my wife there too. Chaminade won the game (I remember most folks walking out saying that Tatum was the best player on the court as a freshman), but I also remember coming away being incredibly impressed with McCaw (also having no idea how Doby? was considered a high major type prospect). Jordan Barnett as a player in high school was always an enigma to me, but man he could run and jump.

I went to a few CBC games when Barnett was there and don't remember being that impressed. Glad he ended up being a good college player.

5 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Is this the guy   (Eric Bossi) that said Jimmerson was a top 5 shooter in the 2019 class?

Off topic: where does Bossi live? In the comments under his tweet, he says he lives 2 miles from an Imos but I'm pretty sure Imos is only in MO and IL? Is he originally from STL?

I always got the impression he lived near Kansas City, but I suppose I should have just let someone who actually knows respond.

16 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I always got the impression he lived near Kansas City, but I suppose I should have just let someone who actually knows respond.

That would make sense then. For some reason, I had him pegged as an East coast guy. I'm an idiot....just looked at this Twitter profile and that's clearly DT KC.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

I'll be interested to see what he has to say about Love and Kasubke, and whether anyone else hits his radar, like Matteus Case.

-Will Gladsen would have been a frosh then too, right? I recall KU recruiting him at the time, prior to his knee issues, perhaps with what he gets out of Princeton he will be fine, but see he has only played in half of their games getting 7mpg, he's 4-6 from 3, imagine the debates on here with that stat

billiken_roy likes this

7 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-Will Gladsen would have been a frosh then too, right? I recall KU recruiting him at the time, prior to his knee issues, perhaps with what he gets out of Princeton he will be fine, but see he has only played in half of their games getting 7mpg, he's 4-6 from 3, imagine the debates on here with that stat

was lewis on that team? or was he a year younger?

9 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

haha  yeah there were folks here ready to make gordon a wing after he made one three.  

39 minutes ago, wgstl said:

was lewis on that team? or was he a year younger?

Same age as those three, but Lewis did not play varsity as a freshman. It was just those three freshmen on varsity that year (Tatum, Gladson, and Cook). The following season they added Lewis as a sophomore and Reggie Crawford as a freshman.

52 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

5 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

Same age as those three, but Lewis did not play varsity as a freshman. It was just those three freshmen on varsity that year (Tatum, Gladson, and Cook). The following season they added Lewis as a sophomore and Reggie Crawford as a freshman.

Gladson was considered a higher-level recruit before he blew out his knee. Visited KU, Illinois, Mizzou, others. I'm not sure if he still would've been at that level even if he'd stayed healthy, but he was clearly pretty skilled early on and had good size. There are worse fates than getting to go to Princeton and play basketball. That degree will come in handy for him.

He's been okay there, but they play a pretty long roster and bench minutes are pretty spread out. He's down to 7.4 MPG this year after playing 10.5 MPG his first two seasons. He's also only appeared in 7 games this year, having dealt with some injuries. Their coach indicated he'll play more when he's ready.

Anyway, Tatum-Cook-Lewis-Gladson will go down as one of the best all-time single HS classes in STL history.

On 1/25/2019 at 3:11 PM, Pistol said:

Gladson was considered a higher-level recruit before he blew out his knee. Visited KU, Illinois, Mizzou, others. I'm not sure if he still would've been at that level even if he'd stayed healthy, but he was clearly pretty skilled early on and had good size. There are worse fates than getting to go to Princeton and play basketball. That degree will come in handy for him.

He's been okay there, but they play a pretty long roster and bench minutes are pretty spread out. He's down to 7.4 MPG this year after playing 10.5 MPG his first two seasons. He's also only appeared in 7 games this year, having dealt with some injuries. Their coach indicated he'll play more when he's ready.

I saw they were playing today (against D-III Wesley College) and checked the box score, Gladson did not play, but 15 kids played for Princeton. I assume that is not the norm as they won by nearly 30 points, but kind of interesting to see that many kids play.

15 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

I saw they were playing today (against D-III Wesley College) and checked the box score, Gladson did not play, but 15 kids played for Princeton. I assume that is not the norm as they won by nearly 30 points, but kind of interesting to see that many kids play.

In each of his three seasons there, they've kept close to 20 guys on the roster. They list 18 this season and 17 guys have gotten minutes, so 15 getting in the other day along with Gladson nursing injuries, and that's almost everybody. The other guy who didn't play was actually their leading scorer, Devin Cannady (19.5 PPG), who was in street clothes as he is suspended indefinitely while he faces multiple charges. He was arrested on 1/18 for throwing a punch at a campus cop, a situation that would definitely in no way ring any bells from our college days, eh? Anyway, he's Princeton's fifth all-time leading scorer, was expected to break their all-time 3-pointers record in the next few weeks, and is the second-leading scorer in the conference so if he doesn't return, they're in trouble. Good time for Will to get healthy.

TheChosenOne likes this

-from Chi Sun Times from June on some sort of jamboree up there that included Vashon....

Bogan: There simply isn’t a coach with more players at his disposal than Bengals coach Arthur Goodwin. The depth, along with the speed and quickness Bogan throws at you, is about as good as it gets.

The Bengals will come at you in waves with so many returning players. This is one of the best top-to-bottom rosters in the state. But the addition of Antoine Bloxton only adds to that depth and bolsters Goodwin’s attack.

Bloxton, a 6-2 junior guard, has transferred from Julian after putting up big numbers last season. As a sophomore, Bloxton was named to the all-tournament team at the Centralia Thanksgiving Tournament, where he scored 18 points against Belleville East and 26 against Centralia.

With what looks like a natural feel for scoring and an overall smooth game, Bloxton made his presence felt at R-B in pool play on Saturday.

Also, the City/Suburban Hoops Report continues to be a huge fan of point guard Jeremiah Washington. The 5-8 mighty mite is a true difference-maker