Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

On 12/17/2018 at 3:18 PM, Pistol said:

-The Mehlville three all continue to play well. They're a 1-loss team and haven't lost since Daughtery started playing. Mizzou appears to be heating up its recruitment of Bradford.

Make that two, thanks to the nail-biting finish by the Hillsboro hawks. Mehlville at one point in the game held a 13 point lead. Hawks:58  Mehville:56

Game Notes:

Mehlville was without one of their key players tonight, Lamontay Daughtery, due to his two technical fouls. (my guess, like 5 fouls against PW North) Mehlville started the game relatively strong. Leading the charge for the Panthers for the first half, was Dylan Branson.  Branson played very consistent coast to coast basketball, and on transition.  Bradford was not a big force in the first half, though he did really energize the Mehlville team, overall. Though, Mehlville had too many turnovers, of which include, throwing the ball way too far to Bradford. Branson and the Panthers trailed by a couple entering the half. Then, Mehlville started to go on a run of their own. Which, disturbed Hillsboro's balance until mid-way through the third quarter. Hillsboro regrouped the troops, and went on fire, from behind the arch. They were lead by Michael Brewer, the excellent playmaker, and shot creator. Mehlville was hesitating from the point that Hillsboro had a solid lead, though it was a tough battle between their forces. Mehlville was in pure desperation mode, for a while, when they trailed. Their shot selection was very poor, they gave the ball to Pruitt, sometimes and he wasn't really consistent. Branson leads the Panthers to a 2 point deficit. Then, Mehlville fouls #2 for Hillsboro. In the background of the play, Pruitt knocks down a Hillsboro player, into a Hillsboro cheerleader. Hillsboro fans are frustrated by this action and are saying their feelings. No tech was called on the play, though there was a really bad call by the officials earlier on Mehlville, that was clearly not a foul. So, I would consider that it was canceled out by it logistically.  Both teams both had some troubles with dribbling and traveling. More dribbling violations for Hillsboro, and more travels for Mehlville. Bradford did shine for the Panthers, totaling 15 points. Branson with 23 points. Overall, it was a saddening defeat for a fan of Mehlville's program, though they could have won. 

Pistol likes this

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

32 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Anyone know if he is a priority for 2020? I know we offered, as did Xavier, Creighton, Illinois, K State, Mizzou and others. He's lighting it up this year, around 20ppg and 60% from 3pt.

He’s a priority. Has been in to Chaifetz for a few games this year I believe. 

5 hours ago, Franchise_08 said:

When do we start demanding he be released immediately by Duq? 

Right now probably. The audacity of the Duquesne program... how dare they cut his minutes!  If they don’t release him immediately they’re going to hell. 

*Blue font*

Kasubke is definitely a guy we could use on this roster, but I wonder about what the roster will look like when he would land on campus in 2020:

Seniors: Goodwin, French, Perkins

Juniors: Thatch, Jacobs, Ingvi, Hankton, Gordon

Sophomores: Collins, Jimerson, Hargrove

Yes, this assumes no transfers - which isn't going to be the case - but the wing is the one spot where we're loaded up. Things change and we will continue to recruit him hard but if he's looking at our roster going forward, he might be wondering about fit.

16 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Sheesh...just watched Mehlville lose to McClure North 73-52 🤭

McClure has a very dominant team, so far. Think the Webster game maybe took a bit of the energy out of the Mehlville squad. I can't really back up that claim, though Mehlville hasn't really found the groove, yet. Squads regroup then work as a unit, in order to climb the mountain. They could use an extra player, that can shoot the perimeter, excluding Branson.

16 minutes ago, Ballingmeanthegradesfallin said:

McClure has a very dominant team, so far. Think the Webster game maybe took a bit of the energy out of the Mehlville squad. I can't really back up that claim, though Mehlville hasn't really found the groove, yet. Squads regroup then work as a unit, in order to climb the mountain. They could use an extra player, that can shoot the perimeter, excluding Branson.

King Waller would've been that guy, but he's out this season because of an injury suffered during football season (don't play football, kids). He averaged 17+ PPG last season as a sophomore.

1 hour ago, Ballingmeanthegradesfallin said:

That was my 1st time seeing both.  Hopefully they were just having an off game.  

The Desmet vs WG was very entertaining 

4 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Short article mentioning Illinois. Also, K-State and Xavier recruiting him the hardest right now.

Hey Luke, record wise, Illinois is the worst team in the Big 10 and they just lost to Florida Atlantic.  Not what I would call a team in the rise.

4 hours ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Short article mentioning Illinois. Also, K-State and Xavier recruiting him the hardest right now.

What the hell is he supposed to say? He is a true Chaminade gentleman. Let me interpret being one myself. “I believe they are on the rise” means they suck but I am being polite since they are showing interest and a free trip. 

Just say they are an interesting program that I’m considering.  No need to over exaggerate what they are.  They’re on the decline, not on the rise by any measuring stick.  Also, the commments above were more of a “Luke, don’t do it, that program sucks” than it was a criticism of his statement.