Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I used to think the same thing, but there are studies out there showing they are very effective.  I am not in advertising, but from what I read they be the most cost effective way to build brand awareness. I know there are people in marketing/advertising on here that can probably  give a really good answer on how impactful they actually are.

When you keep the message simple, they can be very effective.  They're surprisingly cheap too. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 minutes ago, brianstl said:

I used to think the same thing, but there are studies out there showing they are very effective.  I am not in advertising, but from what I read they be the most cost effective way to build brand awareness. I know there are people in marketing/advertising on here that can probably  give a really good answer on how impactful they actually are.

I think it’s the message over the medium. It’s also the only medium that is nearly unavoidable.

2 hours ago, brianstl said:

mizzou got a lot of buzz last year with a billboard in stl talking about st louis' only football team or something. 

Just now, JohnnyJumpUp said:

SLU should have several billboards on 70 from StL to Columbia.

Sort of off topic, but the last time I drove 70 I noticed that MO State had a bunch of billboards in a now on the north side of the highway like around the Warrenton area.  I remember Mizzou used to (still does?) have a bunch in a row somewhere between Columbia and StL.  I didn't go all the way to Columbia, so I was not sure if Mizzou's were in a different spot or if MO State took them over.  The thought of MO State taking over Mizzou's billboards made me chuckle, so I hope that is what happened.

9 minutes ago, RUBillsFan said:

Sort of off topic, but the last time I drove 70 I noticed that MO State had a bunch of billboards in a now on the north side of the highway like around the Warrenton area.  I remember Mizzou used to (still does?) have a bunch in a row somewhere between Columbia and StL.  I didn't go all the way to Columbia, so I was not sure if Mizzou's were in a different spot or if MO State took them over.  The thought of MO State taking over Mizzou's billboards made me chuckle, so I hope that is what happened.

Mizzou and Missouri State both have a series of billboards between STL and Columbia.

I believe Mizzou also still has billboards outside of Springfield, which does not sit well with the folks down there.

Glad people agree we need more basketball billboards. The state is dominated by Mizzou and SLU has more money than they do. 

Also I guess doing well doesn’t exactly translate to recruiting. Loyola didn’t blow up in recruiting after the final four and Memphis just got the number 1 guy after a disappointing first few games 

52 minutes ago, Billiken Rich said:

What planet are you on?  Do you ever even think before you post?  This is just so wrong it's amazing......

SLU has a 1.1 billion dollar endowment Mizzou has 1.0 for a much larger student population. Mizzou has a drastic loss of epic proportions in student population if you don’t remember and are really struggling