Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

A kid from Toronto playing for CCP?

He's not the first Canadian to play there. Liam Courtney was there for a while but went back to a Canadian prep school for his senior year; he's a freshman at Colgate this season.

Chaminade does have dorms. It does make this sort of thing possible.

54 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

basketball factory

Hmmm..."Location: South County" - Vianney?

Translation:

giphy.gif

brianstl likes this

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

On 8/11/2018 at 7:32 PM, Coach314 said:

Heard Davion Bradford will be back in St Louis this school season.  I haven't heard what school yet.  He is playing in a charity basketball game tonight at John Burroughs @ 7.

So he will have gone from CBC as a freshman and half of his sophomore year, to Hillcrest Prep for the remainder of his sophomore year, to registering at a HS in Oklahoma and playing out the rest of the AAU season with an OK-based team, back to St. Louis.

I know that his mom died in a car accident last month; maybe she was the one based in Oklahoma. I had read that he was going to live with a coach there who was going to be his legal guardian, though.

I hope wherever he ends up for the rest of HS is a place that can give him the best chance to succeed on all levels.

Anyone know if we're recruiting Phillip Russell from Vashon? He's slowly starting to compile some offers, now with Valpo, SEMO, and UMKC. He's definitely on the small side and I know there are those who say we'll never get any Vashon kids, but when a local 2020 kid has a few offers, I have to ask the question.

6 hours ago, Pistol said:

Anyone know if we're recruiting Phillip Russell from Vashon? He's slowly starting to compile some offers, now with Valpo, SEMO, and UMKC. He's definitely on the small side and I know there are those who say we'll never get any Vashon kids, but when a local 2020 kid has a few offers, I have to ask the question.

Not sure if SLU is recruiting Phil but I believe Ford/Tate will be in the gym this fall during open gym to check him and Kern (2021).  He is drawing interest from Iowa.  Plus there is a new addition to the team who will be in the 2019 class.  

Pistol likes this

On 8/13/2018 at 8:11 AM, Pistol said:

So he will have gone from CBC as a freshman and half of his sophomore year, to Hillcrest Prep for the remainder of his sophomore year, to registering at a HS in Oklahoma and playing out the rest of the AAU season with an OK-based team, back to St. Louis.

I know that his mom died in a car accident last month; maybe she was the one based in Oklahoma. I had read that he was going to live with a coach there who was going to be his legal guardian, though.

I hope wherever he ends up for the rest of HS is a place that can give him the best chance to succeed on all levels.

Sounds Tiger ready.

Dallas Howell - SF, 6-6, 185 - Enterprise, AL (Enterprise) - Twitter: @DH_hoops2020

Offers: SLU, Troy, Jacksonville State.

Interest: Davidson, UAB, Penn, Columbia, Samford, Tennessee State, South Alabama.

Latest News: Howell received an offer from SLU. (8/22/18)

Scouting Report: Howell is a left-handed big-scoring wing who can finish with either hand. He scores on all three levels and has nice athleticism. He's an excellent shooter with a smooth, consistent stroke. He's a tough competitor and can defend multiple positions. He's a deceptively good passer and rebounds his position very well. He's smart on and off the floor, and already has a 30 on the ACT.

-Howell plays his AAU ball with Team Carroll, along with new 2021 offer Trinity Bell. I'm wondering if SLU is going to start recruiting that program harder; there are some local kids who play for the program, too. 

D.J. Steward - G, 6-3, 165 - Oak Park, IL (Fenwick) - Twitter: @swipasnipa

Offers: SLU, Marquette, Creighton, DePaul, Georgia Tech, Illinois, Northwestern, Florida, UAB, Loyola-Chicago, Illinois State.

Interest: Xavier, Louisville, Notre Dame, Michigan, Iowa, Kansas, Iowa State, Vanderbilt, Tulsa, Miami-Ohio.

Latest News: Steward received an offer from SLU. (8/27/18)

Scouting Report: Steward is an energetic, active, smart combo guard with a well-rounded game. He scores on all three levels, loves to run in transition, sees the floor well, has good passing ability, and gets to the rim to finish. He plays very hard at both ends. He's got a smooth, consistent stroke. He's got a 6-8 wingspan. He plays his AAU ball for Mean Streets, and played up on the 17U squad for the Peach Jam. He was the Chicago Catholic League player of the year as a sophomore, averaging 18.6 points, 4.5 rebounds, 3 assists, and 2 steals. He is likely transferring to a prep school for this year and has visited Montverde, but his destination remains unknown. Rankings: Rivals - 59, Prep Hoops - 40, 247sports - 68, 247sports Composite - 126, Future150 - 59.

-There's a lot to like here. Pretty complete game for a guard. Tons of fun to watch. Really long frame, still a little wiry. Great finisher. Shoots well off the dribble or the catch. Very tough defender. I'm still not seeing where he's transferring to; he announced back at the end of May after Fenwick's coach retired that he was going to transfer, and even though he visited Montverde this summer, I'm not seeing that he has actually made it official anywhere. Weird that we wouldn't know by now. Anyway, he's a Chicago kid who plays for Mean Streets. He doesn't have a huge number of schools on him (yet), but the Illinois schools have been on him aggressively for quite some time and he's got good relationships with all of them. Florida, Louisville, Notre Dame, Michigan, Marquette, and Creighton are all in the mix right now, too, with some other offers and interest sprinkled in.

Purdue offered both Caleb Love and Cam'Ron Fletcher this weekend during their camp. Fletcher was at Mizzou yesterday for their elite camp. He plans on visiting Ohio State in September. Fletcher and Love are absolute stars.

Luke Kasubke picked up a Valpo offer.

• 3 weeks later...
On 8/27/2018 at 9:37 AM, Pistol said:

Purdue offered both Caleb Love and Cam'Ron Fletcher this weekend during their camp. Fletcher was at Mizzou yesterday for their elite camp. He plans on visiting Ohio State in September. Fletcher and Love are absolute stars.

Luke Kasubke picked up a Valpo offer.

I think Love and Fletcher will both be top 20 recruits by this time next year.

8 hours ago, brianstl said:

I think Love and Fletcher will both be top 20 recruits by this time next year.

That very well may be the case. Or at least keep inching up; sometimes the top 20 is hard to crack unless you have NBA measurables. But I like these guys more and more every time I see a clip of them. They're awesome.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

That very well may be the case. Or at least keep inching up; sometimes the top 20 is hard to crack unless you have NBA measurables. But I like these guys more and more every time I see a clip of them. They're awesome.

Heard Michigan St and Arizona are beginning to show interest for Fletcher.  Baylor is showing interest in Kobe Clark and Philip Russell.  Coach Ford was down there last week.  Stayed after open gym was over and all the other college coaches had left.

Pistol likes this

1 minute ago, Coach314 said:

Heard Michigan St and Arizona are beginning to show interest for Fletcher.  Baylor is showing interest in Kobe Clark and Philip Russell.  Coach Ford was down there last week.  Stayed after open gym was over and all the other college coaches had left.

Not taking a shot at you at all, but didn’t you say a couple months ago that Ford wasn’t recruiting any players from Vashon?

ACE likes this

8 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Any insight as to who he was watching? We have offers out to Clark and Fletcher, but what about Russell or anyone else?

4 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Not taking a shot at you at all, but didn’t you say a couple months ago that Ford wasn’t recruiting any players from Vashon?

No problem.  I heard that's why he was there and that's why he stayed after.  Mending fences...some of the Vashon coaches feel Ford and staff should be around more considering they have offers to kids and they are right down the street.  They see Chris Lowery from K State more than anyone from SLU.