Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

8 hours ago, SLURadioBoy said:

With Frank and Coach Tate acting like there could be a new addition to this season’s roster soon, I really thought Russell was going to announce he was joining the team as a preferred walk on today.

This might have been touched upon earlier, but did the 2 Euros make it to St Louis?

Also, are any others still not accounted for?

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, slu72 said:

Linssen's here. No sighting of the Swede as of yet. Please correct me if I'm wrong. 

But there have been a few references to the fact that Lorentsson is working on getting his visa, so it seems like there is no question about him coming.

1 minute ago, bauman said:

But there have been a few references to the fact that Lorentsson is working on getting his visa, so it seems like there is no question about him coming.

He’s also liked/commented a lot on SLU players/teammates posts on Instagram. Every school is kinda in the same boat this year, so not sure what the upside would be to back out of his commitment at this point. Hopefully, we/he can get it figured out soon. 

14 minutes ago, bauman said:

Isn't that in itself a question mark about him coming?

10 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

He’s also liked/commented a lot on SLU players/teammates posts on Instagram. Every school is kinda in the same boat this year, so not sure what the upside would be to back out of his commitment at this point. Hopefully, we/he can get it figured out soon. 

I don't think the alternative is him going to another US college - I think it would be getting paid somewhere in Europe.

5 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

Isn't that in itself a question mark about him coming?

I don't think the alternative is him going to another US college - I think it would be getting paid somewhere in Europe.

I thought about that after I posted. Hopefully, he wants he wants to go to college, get his degree, loves SLU and realizes that these are pretty extreme circumstances. I guess we’ll see. I’d love watch him sniping from deep the next 4/5 years.

10 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Now... what does This mean, no swed, walk on?

pitbull anyway 

We don’t know yet. Andre Lorentsson commented on Strickland’s Instagram as recently as today. Let’s not jump to conclusions. He could very well be walking on.

30 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

We don’t know yet. Andre Lorentsson commented on Strickland’s Instagram as recently as today. Let’s not jump to conclusions. He could very well be walking on.

7 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

Carter Chapley just tweeted that he had a source confirm that Russell is walking on as well. Not a bad walk on to have. #TeamBlue.

2 minutes ago, BillikenFever05 said:

Interesting choice of #20 in his IG post.  Does that mean Fred’s switching numbers?

Was he #20 in high school?

4 minutes ago, NH said:

It could be a reference to being the Class of 2020. I'm not going to read anything into it regarding Fred.

I’m sure they’ll figure it out. I noticed in the comments on the Instagram post, a lot of his friends joking about his number though.