Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

I'm hearing he's back in the mix.  I don't know what that means for any other player's status.

It is going to be difficult to get Lorentssen and Linnsen in the states.

1 hour ago, thetorch said:

It is going to be difficult to get Lorentssen and Linnsen in the states.

Perhaps more so for Lorentssen than Linssen, considering that Linssen has already been in the country for four years and has earned a degree.  He's already resided in the U.S. for some time.  I wonder if he even took all of his belonging out of the country.

Littlebill likes this

16 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Perhaps more so for Lorentssen than Linssen, considering that Linssen has already been in the country for four years and has earned a degree.  He's already resided in the U.S. for some time.  I wonder if he even took all of his belonging out of the country.

If Linssen already has a degree, maybe he might just consider this coming season as not being worth the hassle and the risk.  Maybe he's said that to the staff.

If he's already a grad transfer, would there be anything stopping him from sitting out this year, then coming back the following year and still being a "free agent" that can sign where he wants for his last two years of eligibility?

55 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Frank said on his show today that the hot rumor right now is that SLU is working on a way to get Russell on the roster. He didn't act like anyone is leaving though.

He also said that Tate continues to work Nesbitt very hard for 2021.

I love Frank. I love how passionately he covers the Billikens! But I’d take anything he says with a grain of salt. Earlier this week tweeted about what a great “get” it was for Mizzou football to get a commitment from this WR from East St. Louis. Yesterday, that same kid committed to UCLA. I think he gets just as excited as we all do on the board, and says stuff that might not necessarily be true on the air. Which, I think is fun and exciting and entertaining, but I’m still officially in wait and see mode.

32 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I love Frank. I love how passionately he covers the Billikens! But I’d take anything he says with a grain of salt. Earlier this week tweeted about what a great “get” it was for Mizzou football to get a commitment from this WR from East St. Louis. Yesterday, that same kid committed to UCLA. I think he gets just as excited as we all do on the board, and says stuff that might not necessarily be true on the air. Which, I think is fun and exciting and entertaining, but I’m still officially in wait and see mode.

I get what you are saying but from the post about what Frank said, he said the "hot rumor", which would line up with what Coach314 said too.  He didn't say it is a lock or anything but just another person who does have a lot of local connections hearing the same rumor Coach posted about.  When multiple people hear the same thing, it lends more odds to it being true but again it sounds like they are trying to find a way so far from a lock.  

9 minutes ago, Bills_06 said:

I get what you are saying but from the post about what Frank said, he said the "hot rumor", which would line up with what Coach314 said too.  He didn't say it is a lock or anything but just another person who does have a lot of local connections hearing the same rumor Coach posted about.  When multiple people hear the same thing, it lends more odds to it being true but again it sounds like they are trying to find a way so far from a lock.  

I hear you. Like I said, I love Frank. I hope it’s true. And he definitely does have inside info a lot of the time. I just don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch. Russell would be a great addition, especially if it doesn’t require any other players leaving, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

I hear you. Like I said, I love Frank. I hope it’s true. And he definitely does have inside info a lot of the time. I just don’t want to count my chickens before they hatch. Russell would be a great addition, especially if it doesn’t require any other players leaving, but I’ll believe it when I see it.

Sorry for being late to the party, but who is Russell?

1 hour ago, Reinert310 said:

Yeah, unfortunately, whether Fred Thatch will be able to go remains in question.  While we're hoping that he'll be able to play and contribute to his full potential, but with the tenuous nature of his condition and the strangeness of trying to workout and scrimmage in these times, it's probably fair to wonder he's a lock to return for a redshirt sophomore season.

3 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Yeah, unfortunately, whether Fred Thatch will be able to go remains in question.  While we're hoping that he'll be able to play and contribute to his full potential, but with the tenuous nature of his condition and the strangeness of trying to workout and scrimmage in these times, it's probably fair to wonder he's a lock to return for a redshirt sophomore season.

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought Fred was confirmed back on campus and participating in workouts? Did my brain just make that up (as my brain tends to do).

14 minutes ago, teamarete said:

I thought he signed with SEMO?  Did they release him?  Any idea why?

Russell decommited after SEMO fired their coach. I wouldn’t be surprised if he was also interested in seeing if he could land at a bigger program after having a great senior season.

2 hours ago, Reinert310 said:

Correct me if I’m wrong but I thought Fred was confirmed back on campus and participating in workouts? Did my brain just make that up (as my brain tends to do).

I don't think you're wrong.  All I'm saying is that my optimism is rather cautious until Thatch is suited up in games come January (or whenever the season starts, or resumes, or come what may).

38 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

I don't think you're wrong.  All I'm saying is that my optimism is rather cautious until Thatch is suited up in games come January (or whenever the season starts, or resumes, or come what may).

For sure. When he gets back out on the court in a game, I’ll start feeling better about Fred’s future.

14 hours ago, Old guy said:

I have a fair degree of confidence that Thatch will be able to play this season. What I cannot determine is for how long and how well he will be able to play.

I have more confidence that (assuming there is a season) Thatch will play (also not sure how long or how well) than I do that there will actually be a full season.

2 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

For obvious reasons, I am disappointed that we did not land Manhattan grad transfer Pauly Paulicap.

However, the fact that he is headed to DePaul is pretty incredible and something I will cherish.

Lol

34 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

For obvious reasons, I am disappointed that we did not land Manhattan grad transfer Pauly Paulicap.

However, the fact that he is headed to DePaul is pretty incredible and something I will cherish.

From now on type his name in all caps