Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

21 hours ago, Coach314 said:

Thanks guys.  I think that window of opportunity for Stockard has passed.  Russell is still in play tho.

Great! I have absolutely no interest in Stockard. I really want our entire team back, but I have had concerns about Fred.

6 minutes ago, ACE said:

Great! I have absolutely no interest in Stockard. I really want our entire team back, but I have had concerns about Fred.

Stockard is obviously a player of interest due to his size and experience, but for a sit one, play one player who averages 3 ppg, it's a limited fit. I wonder if her would be interested in going to a good D2 school where he would play a lot of minutes and win a lot of games?

44 minutes ago, mdscott24 said:

Stockard is obviously a player of interest due to his size and experience, but for a sit one, play one player who averages 3 ppg, it's a limited fit. I wonder if her would be interested in going to a good D2 school where he would play a lot of minutes and win a lot of games?

Why do that when he could go to a mid-major D1 program and do the same?

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Exactly.  Stockard could go to Valpo and start. He could be the piece that makes them a top tier team in the Valley.

If he does this, he has to sit out a year.

7 hours ago, Coach314 said:

There's a good chance Stockard will be in the A10

St. Bonaventure I presume?  Nearly every A10 team could use a guy like Stockard.  Good luck to you!  Well, no luck when you play the Bills.   

Didn't he have one of his best games ever at K-State when he played us?

On 5/13/2020 at 8:02 PM, Clock_Tower said:

St. Bonaventure I presume?  Nearly every A10 team could use a guy like Stockard.  Good luck to you!  Well, no luck when you play the Bills.   

Didn't he have one of his best games ever at K-State when he played us?

Ya, easily his best game.  Would be funny for the bonnies to load up on another kid from stl named stockard 

At least he can come home and play a game in front of his family.

I really wanted Levi to play for coach Schmidt.

There should be playing time for Levi since Santo-Silva transferred.

Best of luck Levi except when you play the Billikens.

A Bomb.   Despicable that you would "bad post" my wish that things work out Levi Stockard.  Why do wish ill will upon Levi -- a local kid, good citizen, good basketball player who, by all accounts, wanted to be a Billiken.  Only b/c Travis Ford has done such a great job for us do we found ourselves, this year,  in such an unusual position.   How many years would we have been thrilled to have a guy of his stature become a Billiken.  And not only for his benefit as I believe most wish the best for good people but even if you are not such as person -- then for our your own crass benefit.   No Billiken fan should wish ill for a local kid from a basketball power like Vashon High who has contacts with current eligible players like Russell and future eligible players like Nick Kern.   Shameful. 

Billiken Rich likes this

12 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

A Bomb.   Despicable that you would "bad post" my wish that things work out Levi Stockard.  Why do wish ill will upon Levi -- a local kid, good citizen, good basketball player who, by all accounts, wanted to be a Billiken.  Only b/c Travis Ford has done such a great job for us do we found ourselves, this year,  in such an unusual position.   How many years would we have been thrilled to have a guy of his stature become a Billiken.  And not only for his benefit as I believe most wish the best for good people but even if you are not such as person -- then for our your own crass benefit.   No Billiken fan should wish ill for a local kid from a basketball power like Vashon High who has contacts with current eligible players like Russell and future eligible players like Nick Kern.   Shameful. 

Chill

I don’t recall Stockard being a guy who would run the floor half as well as Santos-Silva.  Does he really fit well at VCU?  He didn’t strike me as all that mobile.  I think he rides a lot of pine while Ward, the Coppin 7-footer and others develop.

2 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I don’t recall Stockard being a guy who would run the floor half as well as Santos-Silva.  Does he really fit well at VCU?  He didn’t strike me as all that mobile.  I think he rides a lot of pine while Ward, the Coppin 7-footer and others develop.

Stockard ran the floor well at Vashon.  Despite their up-tempo reputation, VCU is more selective in their decision to fast break under Mike Rhoades anyway.  Stockard will be fine. The shotblockers that bothered his paint game in the Big 12 are in shorter supply in the A10.

4 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Stockard ran the floor well at Vashon.  Despite their up-tempo reputation, VCU is more selective in their decision to fast break under Mike Rhoades anyway.  Stockard will be fine. The shotblockers that bothered his paint game in the Big 12 are in shorter supply in the A10.

Until he meets Hashan French! Lights out. Game over. 

8 hours ago, Taj79 said:

Rhodes goes 10 to 11 deep.  Plenty of playing time available for Mr. Stockard.  Medley -Bacon will likely sit next season, so they will be on equal footing.

On 5/16/2020 at 8:35 PM, Clock_Tower said:

Whew....good thing you wished him well.  I'm sure it'll make a huge impact on those other players.  I am ashamed.  Levi wasn't a good fit, much like you and Billiken Rich's personal Levis.

5 hours ago, TheA_Bomb said:

Whew....good thing you wished him well.  I'm sure it'll make a huge impact on those other players.  I am ashamed.  Levi wasn't a good fit, much like you and Billiken Rich's personal Levis.

You are a disgusting human being. 

Billiken Rich likes this