Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

1 hour ago, davidnark said:

Does this include a conversation along the lines of "you are unlikely to ever get playing time here, but we can use all of our great connections to help you find a school where you will play and get a quality education"?

if you add, "but it is your decision.   we are not going to make you leave or take away your scholarship."  i'd be real good with that phrasing.  

GBL_Bills and Zink like this

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Matteus Case from Chaminade just committed to Penn. SLU never offered but he came to campus several times with Kasubke (and maybe Reed). Not sure how interested we were.

Penn was his best offer. Really nice all-around opportunity.

5 hours ago, Coach314 said:

I would be surprised if there was any news surrounding Nick committing anywhere right now.

I just meant I’d be very excited to have Nick join Team Blue. Didn’t necessarily think it would happen soon. If I were in Nick’s shoes I’d wait and hope to blow up because of BBE games (if they happen) and maybe more high school games. 

51 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

I just meant I’d be very excited to have Nick join Team Blue. Didn’t necessarily think it would happen soon. If I were in Nick’s shoes I’d wait and hope to blow up because of BBE games (if they happen) and maybe more high school games. 

Gotcha.  I had heard Nick was planning on playing with MoKan.  Is it BBE now?

7 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

if you add, "but it is your decision.   we are not going to make you leave or take away your scholarship."  i'd be real good with that phrasing.  

When you post more than 25,000 times on Billikens.com, the coaching staff checks in from time to time to make sure they’re doing things right. 👍

• 2 weeks later...

Jeremiah Oden committed to Wyoming over the weekend. That leaves 3 players in 2020 who SLU offered at one point and who have not yet committed anywhere. I don't think we're involved with any of them (Antione Bloxton, Dylan Branson, Reggie Strong). Phillip Russell and Levi Stockard also have yet to commit anywhere, so I'm following them and any other 2020 news that pops up, but I think it's probably done.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Jeremiah Oden committed to Wyoming over the weekend. That leaves 3 players in 2020 who SLU offered at one point and who have not yet committed anywhere. I don't think we're involved with any of them (Antione Bloxton, Dylan Branson, Reggie Strong). Phillip Russell and Levi Stockard also have yet to commit anywhere, so I'm following them and any other 2020 news that pops up, but I think it's probably done.

Haven't really heard much on Russell.  Stockard has heard from St Bonaventure,  UAB, VCU and Arizona St.  Things will probably be quiet until French and Goodwin decide what they will do.

26 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Haven't really heard much on Russell.  Stockard has heard from St Bonaventure,  UAB, VCU and Arizona St.  Things will probably be quiet until French and Goodwin decide what they will do.

so coach, what might you be hearing about nesbit?   is nesbit wearing billiken blue in the cards?

SLU_Nick likes this

2 hours ago, Coach314 said:

I've I'm reading between the lines correctly, SLU is probably Stockard's 1st choice, but there is not currently a spot for him.  Amazing how far we've come under Ford compared to the Sodie "saving the scholarship for next year" days that we have a Big 12 caliber big man waiting on a spot opening up if one of our guys goes Pro early.

On 5/5/2020 at 9:54 AM, Pistol said:

Branson committed to SEMO.

Compton likes this

3 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Question 🤔 are there any scholarships left for next year .... could a player receive a partial scholarship next year? 

No and no.

There are no partial scholarships for basketball or football at D1.

3 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Question 🤔 are there any scholarships left for next year .... could a player receive a partial scholarship next year? 

It would seem that SLU already has all 13 scholarships filled (Goodwin, French, Perkins, Linssen, Jacobs, Thatch, Okoro, Bell, Collins, Hargrove, Jimerson, Strickland, and Lorentson) and basketball does not do partial scholarships.

I also think that you already knew those answers and your question is more of a hint that you have some inside info there will be some additional roster movement. I assume this has to do with Stockard or Russell.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

It would seem that SLU already has all 13 scholarships filled (Goodwin, French, Perkins, Linssen, Jacobs, Thatch, Okoro, Bell, Collins, Hargrove, Jimerson, Strickland, and Lorentson) and basketball does not do partial scholarships.

I also think that you already knew those answers and your question is more of a hint that you have some inside info there will be some additional roster movement. I assume this has to do with Stockard or Russell.

Thatch