Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

1 hour ago, VeniceMenace said:

Good grief, why oh why is SLU stuck with a beat writer who ignores recruiting updates?

That rag ran an article from Dave Matter the other day about some kid from Bowling Green who decided AGAINST Mizzou, then Matter proceeds to list others receiving offers....

Even a lower D1 team, SIUE, receives way better coverage on recruiting progress than SLU...we learn of five players with offers:

https://www.theintelligencer.com/sports/article/MEN-8217-S-BASKETBALL-Barone-making-the-calls-15195417.php

Thank God for Frank Cusamano, Earl Austin and Pistol.

Don’t leave out carter, he’s been a huge asset for us folks 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

one spot remaining: How the scholarship is used remains uncertain. The NCAA could influence that decision if it votes to allow transfers to become immediately eligible.  “Everything is on the table right now,” Ford said. “We’re looking at a little bit of everything — guys who can help us. There’s nothing specific at this point.”

I would like to see a transfer inside big with 2 years eligibility for that last scholarship, but only if the NCAA decides to grant non-Grad transfers immediate eligibility when the decision is made in May or early June.  I think Ford is waiting on this decision to fill that last scholarship.

Advantages: 1) Immediate eligibility to help fill a need for a NCAA Tourney potential team, 2) Quality of the player could be potentially very high, starter level,  3) Keeps it going.  Great team next year and with a replacement for French in place for the following season on another loaded team.  Yes, SLU loses its big three but has a very nice roster in place even with those guys graduating, 4) Reduces the stress of having to bring in another big class in 2021.  There are three already and a Grad Transfer makes it four, 5) Adds a second Junior in the mix somewhat evening out the classes.

Graham Ike off the board to Wyoming.

Whoever gets this last scholarship is almost certainly going to be someone we haven't been recruiting very long, a name we don't know yet.

1 minute ago, Franchise_08 said:

Frank Cusumano just said that Phil Russell will be taking our final scholarship. 

Would have preferred a big but I like this signing. Let's open up that Vashon pipeline!*

*assuming Frank the tank has confirmed this and isn't just farting out of his butt

6 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Would have preferred a big but I like this signing. Let's open up that Vashon pipeline!*

*assuming Frank the tank has confirmed this and isn't just farting out of his butt

Not ideal but sounds like we'll be getting an instant 40% 3 shooter. 

3 minutes ago, NextYearBill said:

i love it

Team harmony with Russell, another 3 point threat, weaver’s replacement, could be a better substitute at the point than Jacobs leaving Jacobs open to choose dribble drives for a slam dunk or a 3 point shot.  Outside shooting will not be an issue with the team.

NextYearBill likes this

8 minutes ago, AGB91 said:

God love Frank but he is prone to jump the gun.

This may be true, but I think Frank does have sources/connections that would put him in good position to know what’s going on. I think he knows people in or around Vashon, and I speculate that he gets some of his intel from Ford directly.

I also think that Carter gets info from some member of the staff, though more likely an assistant or basketball ops staff member. 

Who knows who will be correct in the end.

I’ve always been a “I’ll believe it when it’s official” type of person (following MLB trade deadlines for so long has made me skeptical of even the most realistic rumors). I’m sure both Frank and Carter BOTH have reliable sources . Sometimes stuff just happens, changes, falls through. Not concerned At all at this point, but any news on Andre signing?

slufanskip likes this