Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

14 minutes ago, wgstl said:

id be suprised.  I know in football, currently, coaches cant even send text messages to current players...not even talking commits. 

The NCAA also advised schools to suspend any official and unofficial on-campus visits to campus from prospective student-athletes. Contact between coaches and prospective student-athletes is still allowed through phone calls, text messages and written correspondence. These recruiting restrictions are in effect for all of Division I across every sport. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

8 minutes ago, wgstl said:

id be suprised.  I know in football, currently, coaches cant even send text messages to current players...not even talking commits. 

That is wild. Recruits have to be a little different though, right? Like spring recruits (high school and transfers) have to be able to communicate with coaching staffs, right? Tough spot for recruits who are trying to chose a school for next school year and for high school guys looking to be recruited since I assume they are going to lose their AAU season.

I did hear Alabama was tracking players using Apple watches as far as their workouts and such. So they would appear to be skirting those rules, but I assume Saban does whatever he wants.

3 minutes ago, TheChosenOne said:

I did hear Alabama was tracking players using Apple watches as far as their workouts and such. So they would appear to be skirting those rules, but I assume Saban does whatever he wants.

This may end up being a pretty big thing. Apparently coaches (not bama) were told by the NCAA that they couldn’t even do that 

CenHudDude likes this

4 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

The NCAA also advised schools to suspend any official and unofficial on-campus visits to campus from prospective student-athletes. Contact between coaches and prospective student-athletes is still allowed through phone calls, text messages and written correspondence. These recruiting restrictions are in effect for all of Division I across every sport. 

Interesting since coaches have even said they were told they can’t 

2 hours ago, HoosierPal said:

Do you think Coach Ford has been on the phone to Ousmane-I know you have no way of knowing?  Where do you think we were on his original list of schools? 

It's hard to say. Rhode Island was one of his more recent offers and he ended up committing there. So I don't know if he had been shaping any sort of list or just waiting for the right thing to come along. We offered in December, along with North Texas, Texas A&M, and Ohio. Old Dominion offered in February, followed by URI, Iona, and UMass in March. And then Bonaventure is obviously a fresh one. Not sure how the scholarship situations have changed at the others, but it seems like we still have a spot for him if he's interested.

The hard part now is that no one can visit anywhere. Coming from the northeast, Ousmane might've had some familiarity with URI. It's tougher for the other schools if they haven't had visits from him yet.

1 hour ago, Taj79 said:

Poacher ---- it was a joke.  Lighten up.  I need to find the blue font button.

The blue font button is the button with an underscored letter A next to  the size button on the icon bar on top of the post window.

6 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

Patience grasshopper.  I think there will be some news soon

Are we taking bets? My money is on this being related to Phillip Russell, but I'd be lying if I said that wasn't anything other than a pure guess.

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Better to use CashApp.  With all of the social distancing requirements and two-weeks of self-quarantining, delivering briefcases or suitcases of cash is totally impractical.

Easy to learn their cash app or Venmo, these dudes reply to every person allegedly giving away cash