Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

4 minutes ago, Major Majerus said:

I want to hear from EA Jr about Russell - he knows the players & the programs in SL - if he’s on board with Russell, so should we all be.

Earl was on Frank’s radio show last week talking about Russell. I don’t remember the details but I know he was a fan of his shooting ability from 3.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Ive known Earl 20+ years.   Dont think i can remembering him ever publically something critical of a player in public.   

TheChosenOne likes this

Dusan Mahorcic highlights: 

He played his freshman year at Lewis University in the Chicago suburbs. Sophomore year at Moberly Area CC, so he'd have two years of eligibility beginning this coming season. Had some Arkansas interest in the fall and has offers from USC and Tulsa, interest from others, but I'm not sure where his recruitment stands currently.

Found this Q&A with Dylan Branson interesting. Seems like UMKC (now branded just as Kansas City), SIUE, and Penn are recruiting him the most lately. From the piece:

RLH: Are there any updates on your college recruitment? What schools are contacting you the most? Any offers?

Recruiting is different for everyone. For me, it picked up heavy the start of my junior year. Once the bigger schools started to get involved the mid majors backed off. I stopped hearing from the high majors and was stuck in a weird spot recruiting wise. Right now, I am talking to UMKC. I took an unofficial game day visit two weeks ago. Also some other schools like SIUE and Penn have reached out recently.  

RLH: If so, what messages are the coaches conveying to you?

The coaches that have spoken with me love the way that I communicate on the floor and they appreciate how I can space the floor with my 3 pt shooting. They want me to work on my body in the off-season and try to get in the best shape of my life before I go to school. 

RLH: Do you have any visits lined up and a timeline when to make a decision?

No, this pandemic has limited stuff when it comes to visits. But I don’t have a timeline of when I will decide on a school. 

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Dusan Mahorcic highlights: 

He played his freshman year at Lewis University in the Chicago suburbs. Sophomore year at Moberly Area CC, so he'd have two years of eligibility beginning this coming season. Had some Arkansas interest in the fall and has offers from USC and Tulsa, interest from others, but I'm not sure where his recruitment stands currently.

I’m intrigued. 

Jayden Stone committed to Grand Canyon. Weird. His finalists announced a few months ago were Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Baylor. He visited SLU. I guess since he was being recruited so heavily in the SEC, Bryce Drew managed to bring him along as some of those other schools cooled on him for whatever reason.

Just now, Pistol said:

Jayden Stone committed to Grand Canyon. Weird. His finalists announced a few months ago were Auburn, Tennessee, Alabama, Ole Miss, and Baylor. He visited SLU. I guess since he was being recruited so heavily in the SEC, Bryce Drew managed to bring him along as some of those other schools cooled on him for whatever reason.

Wow forgot abt that guy. I was all in on him for a while

1 hour ago, slusam said:

Abou Ousmaine decommited from Rhode Island. Had a SLU offer.

Committed for less than a week. I guess he didn't like them bringing in the Mitchell twins from Maryland and Martin from Charlotte. They'll all have to sit a year but it's a crowded frontcourt after that.

Ousmane was committed to Cleveland State before taking a prep year so the next school he commits to will be his third. Hopefully this one's a charm.

13 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Committed for less than a week. I guess he didn't like them bringing in the Mitchell twins from Maryland and Martin from Charlotte. They'll all have to sit a year but it's a crowded frontcourt after that.

Ousmane was committed to Cleveland State before taking a prep year so the next school he commits to will be his third. Hopefully this one's a charm.

Still no guarantee that they will have to sit a year. And either way they could play second semester right?

38 minutes ago, NH said:

Still no guarantee that they will have to sit a year. And either way they could play second semester right?

Yeah, but they burn a whole year of eligibility that way.

10 hours ago, Pistol said:

Would Ousmane be a good get for SLU or are there bigs available that you would rather have commit.

1 hour ago, CBFan said:

Would Ousmane be a good get for SLU or are there bigs available that you would rather have commit.

We only have a few offers out right now to 2020 bigs. Ike is recovering from a knee injury. I haven't seen an update on Oden in months. Mahorcic is probably the most game-ready because he's played two collegiate seasons already. The big man from Coppin State we're showing interest in is intriguing if he has a year to condition and practice. I probably like Ousmane's long-term potential the best out of this group, though, even if he's still a bit raw now.

And I'm sure they're looking at other available bigs, as well.

CBFan likes this

17 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

A new "poacher" ---- Schmidt has swooped in on Ousmane with an offer just today.

He's not being poached. He saw three forwards commit immediately after him and decided to get out of a crowded situation.

32 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He's not being poached. He saw three forwards commit immediately after him and decided to get out of a crowded situation.

Do you think Coach Ford has been on the phone to Ousmane-I know you have no way of knowing?  Where do you think we were on his original list of schools? 

33 minutes ago, HoosierPal said:

Do you think Coach Ford has been on the phone to Ousmane-I know you have no way of knowing?  Where do you think we were on his original list of schools? 

Can coaches even look in the same direction as recruits right now?

Trying to remember....when did we get our final commitment last year? Was it in June?

14 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Can coaches even look in the same direction as recruits right now?

Trying to remember....when did we get our final commitment last year? Was it in June?

id be suprised.  I know in football, currently, coaches cant even send text messages to current players...not even talking commits.