Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Thanks, I have no links to Kansas State, so I appreciate at least one fans thoughts on the season. I see that they have a solid recruiting class lined up and return some decent production, so a rebuild certainly looks to be underway on paper.

@GBL_Bills I was not implying that he could be fired this spring or that should be considered, but was curious if he enters this coming season on the hot seat a bit.

He should be on the hot seat.  He made no adjustments to his offense this year.  It didn't suit his personnel.  But I hear the administration loves him.  He has a solid class coming in.  Their core will be very young the next few years.  

One good thing about this is at least no one is transferring right now.

Lets hope Hankton can break out next season by staying healthy and contributing when called on.

I’m totally ignorant here, so just asking, does this increase our chances of picking up that kid from Vashon now? Does this have any impact on Russell? None at all? Just curious.

9 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

I’m totally ignorant here, so just asking, does this increase our chances of picking up that kid from Vashon now? Does this have any impact on Russell? None at all? Just curious.

At this moment, there are no available scholarships and Coach Ford recently said that he is expecting everyone back.  The only wrinkle, is that he also said that with the way the season ended he has not had the opportunity to sit down with each player. 

19 minutes ago, Reinert310 said:

It may come down to what happens to Fred Thatch, will Fred be able to play next season?

SLU recently offered another big guard but all of the scholarships are used.

Looking back at the 2021 recruiting thread, I see that Russell attended a few games with Kern. I would think he would be intrigued by what he has seen. I also see he is connected to Yuri, Hargrove and assistant coach Michael Wilson on Twitter. Of course that might not mean anything, but Wilson is usually connected to all of the players SLU recruits. 

35 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Just heard Frank say he’s hearing from Vashon that other schools are after Russell and if SLU wants him to commit, they will need to offer soon.

I haven’t seen any reports of any other schools offering him yet.

There’s no room at this point 

5 minutes ago, willie said:

I know you believe no one is going to leave. I am willing to bet you someone will. You name the stakes. 

I would think at this point if someone were to want to leave, he would have entered into the transfer portal. And for Ford, unless you want the reputation of running players off, there is nothing available for Russell. We'll see how it plays out.

17 minutes ago, willie said:

I know you believe no one is going to leave. I am willing to bet you someone will. You name the stakes. 

I do think someone is going to leave but I don't think SLU is going to take a commitment from Russell until the departure(s) are announced. So if Russell wants to move quickly SLU may not be the best spot for him. 

Coach314 and CBFan like this

Even if the choice to transfer or not to transfer is left entirely to the players with no influence from the coaches, there are players that played very few minuter this year, and can expect more of the same for next year. I suppose if this is a satisfactory arrangement for them then they  should stay. If they actually want to play a significant number of minutes next season, I would consider the handwriting to be on the wall where they can see it.

50 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I do think someone is going to leave but I don't think SLU is going to take a commitment from Russell until the departure(s) are announced. So if Russell wants to move quickly SLU may not be the best spot for him. 

This. 

Ryan Myers from Christ the King in NY committed to Iona. New Iona coach Rick Pitino also added a JUCO commitment (Tahlik Chavez) and offered two other 2020 players with SLU offers - Jayson Woodrich and Abou Ousmane, both of Scotland Campus Prep in PA.

17 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Ryan Myers from Christ the King in NY committed to Iona. New Iona coach Rick Pitino also added a JUCO commitment (Tahlik Chavez) and offered two other 2020 players with SLU offers - Jayson Woodrich and Abou Ousmane, both of Scotland Campus Prep in PA.

-Iona is in New Rochelle, hotbed of virus, one that's lately been the news and the ones Rick brought