Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

37 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

this is really a stretch to put here but this is definitely Stl recruiting news. Thoughts, @Coach314?

I really like this young man's game.  I was just asking someone about him possibly asking for his release while I was at the game tonight.  Congratulated Phil after the game....I missed out on a possible scoop lol.  I think he fits in with the type of players Ford is bringing in but they might be looking for another big right now.  

3 hours ago, billikentim said:

4B23B85F-EEA0-4900-9F08-266E0F366087.jpeg

March 20 is the day the Billiken's basketball program starts building momentum for 20/21 that was lost with the cancelation of the tournament when Houston commits to SLU.

43 minutes ago, CBFan said:

March 20 is the day the Billikens basketball program starts building momentum for 20/21 that was lost with the cancellation of the tournament when Houston commits to SLU.

For that to be the case, then by or around that date, SLU will have to announce someone's departure or retirement.

13 minutes ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

For that to be the case, then by or around that date, SLU will have to announce someone's departure or retirement.

I know, I am just being positive because of March sadness and just moving forward.

1 hour ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

A school can have more players with commitments to the school and known scholarship players than 13.  It just needs to be resolved before the start of school.
Ideally a coach knows, but has not gone public with a player who intends to leave.  It is common for a player to tell the coach they are leaving, but not want it public until thier last semester is complete. That said, I have seen schools recruit over recruits they already have committed and released them late in the recruiting process. 

1 hour ago, Aquinas said:

A school can have more players with commitments to the school and known scholarship players than 13.  It just needs to be resolved before the start of school.
Ideally a coach knows, but has not gone public with a player who intends to leave.  It is common for a player to tell the coach they are leaving, but not want it public until thier last semester is complete. That said, I have seen schools recruit over recruits they already have committed and released them late in the recruiting process. 

Like Lancona at Oregon State. 

2 hours ago, Aquinas said:

It is common for a player to tell the coach they are leaving, but not want it public until thier last semester is complete. That said, I have seen schools recruit over recruits they already have committed and released them late in the recruiting process. 

Which is good on the player, gives the coach time. 

Just now, RiseAndGrind said:

Decommitted with coaching change 

didn’t hear but it doesn’t make sense to me on surface 

ohh right, forgot about that.  Rumor of Kim English taking the HC job there

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I was really into the prospect of taking Mario McKinney so I guess I'm being inconsistent in not understanding why we would want Russell? Can @Coach314provide any insight? 

I want to go back and listen to the podcast, but doesn't look like it has been updated. I caught it while Frank was in the middle of it, so I was trying to figure out if it was a hypothetical, a likelihood or certainty - the more he talked, it seemed like a certainty. He said he has some of Yuri's playmaking ability and could be a back-up there, but could also play along with Yuri and provide some good outside shooting. Frank said don't be fooled by the fact he was a SEMO recruit - he was under-recruited.  We'll see, maybe somebody else was listening to Frank and could fill in some blanks.