Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

29 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Latest offer:

Brandon Murray - SG, 6-5, 225 - Baltimore, MD (Baltimore Polytechnic Institute) - AAU: Team Melo (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @IamBm23
Offers: Saint Louis, Rhode Island, St. Bonaventure, George Washington, DePaul, Virginia Tech, Ole Miss, North Texas, East Tennessee State, UNC-Greensboro, Coastal Carolina, Hofstra, Towson, Siena.

Interest: VCU, Davidson, St. Joe's, George Mason, Georgetown, Creighton, St. John's, Virginia, Maryland, Purdue, Texas, Kansas State, Auburn, Tennessee, Vanderbilt, Washington State, Connecticut, Wichita State, Temple, Central Florida, Tulsa, Loyola Marymount, Murray State, Old Dominion, Middle Tennessee, Florida International, Toledo, Ohio, Louisiana, American, Loyola-Maryland, Delaware, James Madison, Elon, Marist, Winthrop, Charleston Southern, Merrimack, Mount St. Mary's, Howard, Florida A&M, South Carolina State.

Latest News: Murray received an offer from SLU. He led BPI to a city championship last week. (3/2/20)

Scouting Report: Murray is a big, strong guard who scores on all three levels. He scores in bunches and plays a smart, efficient game, not forcing things or taking bad shots. He is deadly from the perimeter and goes to the rim strong. He's a good rebounder and shot blocker at his position and a smart passer, as well. He has a college-ready body and plays extremely tough, with a chip on his shoulder.

-This kid has an unbelievable build for his age. He's a big-time scorer and super efficient, too. He scored 44 in the Baltimore City semifinals, going 7-8 from 3 and throwing down a few big dunks. Rivals recently said he's averaging 23 PPG this season on close to 70% shooting from the field and 53% from 3. He's taking an official visit to Ole Miss on 3/27, his first. He had one offer (Towson) heading into 2020. Safe to say he's blowing up.

I don't feel very good about what that offer could mean regarding who they are counting on coming back...

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I'd take this Baltimore kid in a heartbeat.  Biggest issue, what with the Baltimore PHL, will be grades and eligibility.  Poly is probably one of the best educational schools in the BPHL but most Baltimore kids are in the Baltimore Catholic High League (St. Francis, Mount St. Joes., John Carroll, etc.) and go on to success from there.  

Adrian "Ace" Baldwin just won his third straight BCL MVP award and will be a freshman at VCU next year.  He's a 5'11" point guard.

6 minutes ago, Taj79 said:

I'd take this Baltimore kid in a heartbeat.  Biggest issue, what with the Baltimore PHL, will be grades and eligibility.  Poly is probably one of the best educational schools in the BPHL but most Baltimore kids are in the Baltimore Catholic High League (St. Francis, Mount St. Joes., John Carroll, etc.) and go on to success from there.  

Adrian "Ace" Baldwin just won his third straight BCL MVP award and will be a freshman at VCU next year.  He's a 5'11" point guard.

Love that kid! Too bad he's going to VCU.

6 hours ago, ACE said:

I don't feel very good about what that offer could mean regarding who they are counting on coming back...

I’m not looking into it like that. It appears as if the staff have identified a strong guard that fits our current roster construction, while bringing us some skills we currently lack. Travis and Co are building a program for the long run, and I’m going to assume there is no deeper meaning until we hear about it. 

1 minute ago, johnbj14 said:

I’m not looking into it like that. It appears as if the staff have identified a strong guard that fits our current roster construction, while bringing us some skills we currently lack. Travis and Co are building a program for the long run, and I’m going to assume there is no deeper meaning until we hear about it. 

Agreed.

1 hour ago, johnbj14 said:

-you realize that currently we have no schollies to give, right?

1 hour ago, Cowboy said:

-you realize that currently we have no schollies to give, right?

You never stop recruiting .... you might be caught with your pants down.  And Ford may already know if a player or two is intending to leave.  That may have been communicated but to be announced AFTER the season.

Billiken Rich likes this

16 hours ago, FatherB said:

No one wants to say it but Fred Thatch may not play at SLU next year. 
KC Hankton isn’t getting minutes and may also transfer. 

Between the 2 of them and any other surprises, we very well could have an open scholarship spot. 

People are forgetting that Dani will again struggle to find minutes next year. 

8 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

People are forgetting that Dani will again struggle to find minutes next year. 

I don’t think we know that for sure. It’s very possible, but it’s not like Madani has a lot of competition at his position. If he makes big strides then he could easily get backup big minutes.

3 hours ago, wgstl said:

AJ "Ashley" James, whom we offered but signed with Mo state died in a shooting last night.

Whoa. That's horrible.

They're calling it an accidental shooting and no charges are being filed. Story here.

9 hours ago, NH said:

I don’t think we know that for sure. It’s very possible, but it’s not like Madani has a lot of competition at his position. If he makes big strides then he could easily get backup big minutes.

He came in with an injury. He could be a stud next year. He could be a bust. None of us have any idea what kind of contribution he will bring going forward, but my thought process is that there’s a reason Ford recruited him. The fact of the matter is, he came with an injury and has been playing catch-up ever since. To assume anything about the kid right now would just be absolute blind guessing.

AGB91, SLU_Lax and Billiken Rich like this

Ramean is a very solid D1 bodied shooting guard/small forward that can score readily, a slightly shorter Version of  Perkins or Marcus Somerville.

He is a 3 star, but a player like Hargrove that will continue to develop and improve in college. The CPL is noted for turning out players who have little trouble adjusting to the more physical college game...and he already had a first offer from us. Time to reup the offer. Come to the land of the double double.