Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

An update on Eric Gaines. I don't know how active SLU is still recruiting him, but took an official here. He's blown up since. 

https://n.rivals.com/news/mcdonald-s-nuggets-nba-draft-gonzaga-gambling-picks-more 

He was on campus with Strickland for Billiken Madness. If we have capacity for another guard, I would love to get this kid. His growth spurt makes me think it's going to be a power conference battle for him, though.

25 minutes ago, 757billiken said:

Image result for joe harrisImage result for joe harris uva

Better comparison for Jimerson. Would be awesome if he could have Joe Harris production down the line.

wow, Harris was only a 64% FT shooter his senior year .

The team has got a big hole at point guard that may not get better through the balance of the year or beyond:

Min       Pts      FG%      3Pt%      3PtShotsMade        FT%       TO        Ast       Reb      Stl

Yuri              30.7       5,5      37.7       35.0                   7                   54.8        3.0        5.4        3.0      1.6

Tay              15.9       4.6      40.2        37.7                29                   77.8        0.3        0.8        1.7      0.6

When you know your starting point guard is a 5’11” Smurf who is a pass first, pass pass pass pg, it is attendant on the staff to facilitate scoring by having a couple 3 pt threats, a midrange threat, a finisher, and a lane scorer. We have exactly one player we can count on to get high teens pts in 2/3 of the games.

French, Goodwin, and Perkins are close to money at 35-42 ppg, but the shooting guard is where we are horrible at not chipping in 15 ppg.

dennis_w likes this

16 minutes ago, 68Alum said:

The team has got a big hole at point guard that may not get better through the balance of the year or beyond:

Min       Pts      FG%      3Pt%      3PtShotsMade        FT%       TO        Ast       Reb      Stl

Yuri              30.7       5,5      37.7       35.0                   7                   54.8        3.0        5.4        3.0      1.6

Tay              15.9       4.6      40.2        37.7                29                   77.8        0.3        0.8        1.7      0.6

Weaver is not a point guard.  Collins does need to and will surely improve aspects of his game — he's just a freshman, sheesh! — but it's not a "big hole."

9 hours ago, 68Alum said:

What exactly is the hole? 

He took the same trip in November and here was my response, omitting Jace Howard because he committed to Michigan since then:

Strickland is from Miami but his school is in the Sarasota area.

Wesley Cardet (2021) plays at Northeast HS in the Fort Lauderdale area - Oakland Park, just north of there. Jordan Shorter (2021) is also in Fort Lauderdale. His recruitment has been quiet lately.

We also have 2021 offers in the Orlando (A.J. Neal) and Jacksonville (Deebo Coleman) areas.

Best guess: He's checking on Shorter, Cardet, someone new, or a combination of the above, and he's paying a visit to Strickland's parents.

Strickland has a game tomorrow but I'm not sure where it is. My guess is similar to last time, and similarly broad - he's probably dropping in on Strickland's family or Strickland himself if they found a game in the area, and he's probably looking at a new player or players.

Reinert310 and CBFan like this

19 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He took the same trip in November and here was my response, omitting Jace Howard because he committed to Michigan since then:

Wesley Cardet (2021) plays at Northeast HS in the Fort Lauderdale area - Oakland Park, just north of there. Jordan Shorter (2021) is also in Fort Lauderdale. His recruitment has been quiet lately.

We also have 2021 offers in the Orlando (A.J. Neal) and Jacksonville (Deebo Coleman) areas.

Best guess: He's checking on Shorter, Cardet, someone new, or a combination of the above, and he's paying a visit to Strickland's parents.

Strickland has a game tomorrow but I'm not sure where it is. My guess is similar to last time, and similarly broad - he's probably dropping in on Strickland's family or Strickland himself if they found a game in the area, and he's probably looking at a new player or players.

Jordan Shorter has a game today.

Reinert310 likes this

44 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Thanks as always Pistol. 

28 minutes ago, mrjoelabs said:

Did we even recruit Kalkbrenner from Trinity? Just was reminded about him. Shouldn't be losing guys like that to Creighton

Kalkbrenner was offered by SLU but chose Crieghton so he is now a tool.

Crighton has a good team that should make the big dance playing in the big East.

Until SLU establishes itself as a every season NCAA tournament program recruits like Kalkbrenner and Bradford will find programs like Butler, Crieghton, Kansas State more appealing.

Our time is coming Ford will get it done 2 injuries this season have ruined our chance for an at large big dance invitation.

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet"><p lang="es" dir="ltr">Miami 🛫 Charleston 🔵⚪️</p>&mdash; Ford Stuen (@Ford_5) <a href="https://twitter.com/Ford_5/status/1227605920873635840?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">February 12, 2020</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>