Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

His (AT) 43% from the arc would blend real nicely with GJ's .  Imagine having two shooters on the roster that could shoot like that, plus throw in an improved DJ's and JP's and Yuri's outside shots and we might finally be able to give HF some room to operate inside.

49 minutes ago, bauman said:

His (AT) 43% from the arc would blend real nicely with GJ's .  Imagine having two shooters on the roster that could shoot like that, plus throw in an improved DJ's and JP's and Yuri's outside shots and we might finally be able to give HF some room to operate 

Bills are due to hit on a Euro.

I want to land this kid.

slufanskip likes this

10 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

6’5 according to this interview. It doesn’t say when this was recorders. If he is still 6’5” he won’t be a stretch 4.

He’s tall, saw updates photos. 

He said he was 6' 5" and 80 Kilos in weight (that is 176 lbs). This is neither a big nor a muscular guy. He did say in his interview that he needs to gain weight (muscle), and that he wants to go to college. He may have a scholarship offer from China, but apparently he is in a US tour trying to get interest here. The level of play shown in the clip above was not very high, or so I thought.

11 minutes ago, Old guy said:

He said he was 6' 5" and 80 Kilos in weight (that is 176 lbs). This is neither a big nor a muscular guy. He did say in his interview that he needs to gain weight (muscle), and that he wants to go to college. He may have a scholarship offer from China, but apparently he is in a US tour trying to get interest here. The level of play shown in the clip above was not very high, or so I thought.

I believe that video is old. 

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I believe that video is old. 

I love how old guy constantly posts without regard to any previous posts in the thread. If he’d have looked three posts above his, he would’ve seen the video is from early 2017. But I truly do respect his “I’m gonna post what I’m gonna post and f*** everything else” attitude. 

2 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

The most recent listings put Lorentssen at 6'8 so he's even taller than he was in that 6 month old highlight video. I think we could find a place for a 6'8 spot up shooter who moves well without the ball.  In fact, according to the Majerus "180 shooter" criteria, we should sign him as soon as possible. 

Does this player meet your criteria?

I look to you and Pistol and other recruiting posters for this kind of information I just do not know.

I think he reminds me of a skinny Cody Ellis and if he is that good then sign him and immediately get him cleared by the NCAA.

24 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Does this player meet your criteria?

I look to you and Pistol and other recruiting posters for this kind of information I just do not know.

I think he reminds me of a skinny Cody Ellis and if he is that good then sign him and immediately get him cleared by the NCAA.

I think hes more of a Welmer than Ellis

15 hours ago, bauman said:

His (AT) 43% from the arc would blend real nicely with GJ's .  Imagine having two shooters on the roster that could shoot like that, plus throw in an improved DJ's and JP's and Yuri's outside shots and we might finally be able to give HF some room to operate inside.

I assume it's the international 3 point distance (which is now the NCAA distance)?  If so, then hopefully he won't have the same issues a U.S. high school kid would have with the college 3 point line.

I vote YES! to adding another shooter.  Body still developing (3-4 inches in past year or 2, maybe still growing??); plus I've heard he's a good citizen and solid student.  Get used to the name: Lorentsson from 3! 

I'm actually surprised that some on here don't seem enthusiastic. He's like a perfect fit for our needs, right away, in my view.   For another thing: a (Larry) Bird in the hand is worth not getting anyone who can help next year.  Or poor man's Larry = Detlef Schrempf.  Maybe Lorentsson can be our poor man's Detlef (a name that will send some of our little brothers scrambling to basketball-reference.com, I'm sure...). He was German, btw; and played a long time in the League; nickname the Grand Teuton.  Some of youse guys need to get busy thinking up a good nickname for young Andre!