Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

The last player we got that played at Mizzou was A10 tournament MVP.

The anti-Mizzou faction of this board is the most unintentionally funny thing I read every day. And I'm not a Mizzou fan...just couldn't care less.  SLU is in no position to have purity tests on it's transfers. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

11 minutes ago, wgstl said:

regarding that JUCO, am I the only person questioning a Juco player who is only averaging 9 points a game?

not wrong to question. Maybe his intaniglbes are good. Someone with a solid post game and can be another defensive anchor would be nice. Any contributing big would be a help. 

9 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

not wrong to question. Maybe his intaniglbes are good. Someone with a solid post game and can be another defensive anchor would be nice. Any contributing big would be a help. 

I've checked out a couple of his Moberly games on YouTube.  Ok post player who can put the ball on the floor.  Not a rim protector.   Reminds me of Izik Ohanon in terms of skillset but doesn't shy away from contact.

Here's his profile. JUCO stats are pretty accurate overall, except for minutes and fouls. There's not a ton to get excited about in his numbers but I think programs like his upside as a D-I role player. He was plagued by injuries in prior years and has added a ton of muscle and gotten healthy.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

He was plagued by injuries in prior years and has added a ton of muscle and gotten healthy.

not trying to make a joke out of it but a stretch 4 with injury problem means we'll probably get him

rgbilliken likes this

1 minute ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I did not know he had injuries. I am reevaluating 

The short version is that he came over from Europe, played three seasons of HS ball at Notre Dame in the Chicago suburbs, improved dramatically his senior year and got some serious looks in the spring but ended up at Lewis, a D-II school also in the Chicago 'burbs, played limited minutes and was shut down in early February because of foot injuries, and is now at Moberly coming off the bench. He played at about 200 lbs. his senior year of HS and is now listed in the 230-240 range. He seems healthy as far as I know, has two years of eligibility remaining, and will be able to play immediately in the fall.

10 minutes ago, Box and Won said:

I suppose it's more encouraging than Mizzou's JUCO big who was averaging seven minutes a game.

According to that website he's averaging 9 points in only 9 minutes. which is pretty good production. wonder if that's a slip up

1 minute ago, hmart23 said:

According to that website he's averaging 9 points in only 9 minutes. which is pretty good production. wonder if that's a slip up

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Here's his profile. JUCO stats are pretty accurate overall, except for minutes and fouls. There's not a ton to get excited about in his numbers but I think programs like his upside as a D-I role player. He was plagued by injuries in prior years and has added a ton of muscle and gotten healthy.

Don't pay attention to minutes or MPG on the NJCAA website. Most other categories are fine but minutes are never even close to being right.

2 hours ago, glazedandconfused said:

The anti-Mizzou faction of this board is the most unintentionally funny thing I read every day. And I'm not a Mizzou fan...just couldn't care less.  SLU is in no position to have purity tests on it's transfers. 

I think almost everyone is anti Mizzou don’t care about transfers from there. I don’t love it but if they help us win I’m in. Roy is probably the most radical of opinions on that.

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Don't pay attention to minutes or MPG on the NJCAA website. Most other categories are fine but minutes are never even close to being right.

Shoot I saw your post and just blanked on it. Sorry about that. I wonder why they're so horrendous with that.

2 hours ago, glazedandconfused said:

I am anti-Mizzou, and I have no idea if McKinney would be a good fit or not, but potentially ruling out a good player entirely just bc he went to Mizzou for a semester is insane

RiseAndGrind likes this

7 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I think almost everyone is anti Mizzou don’t care about transfers from there. I don’t love it but if they help us win I’m in. Roy is probably the most radical of opinions on that.

To completely write off a former 4* star 19 year old St. louisan because he didn’t pick your favorite school first is definitely “radical” 

4 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Why is everyone anti-Mizzou though? Just a combination of their fans/how Mizzou won't play us? Don't need a book, just maybe a few sentences on why the animosity.

That’s essentially it. My dislike comes from that and the way they are looked at by the media types. The Mizzou grads at the post have historically dismissed SLU while they over cover tiger football and basketball. It’s the driving force for me to do this podcast. 

I don't like Mizzou because their fans have an arrogance when they have won very little that I find annoying. Moreover,  I hope they don't do well on the court because I think it helps us in recruiting.

That being said, a player leaving them while they have a loosing record and potentially coming to us, to me, seems like a win. I don't really see why we dismiss a transfer from Mizzou. We can have other reasons for not wanting McKinney, but him coming from Mizzou does not seem like a very good one. If one of our players (god forbid!) left SLU and transferred to Mizzou, I would be PISSED! I'm sure they feel the same way, even if they won't admit it. 

1 minute ago, billikenfan05 said:

That’s essentially it. My dislike comes from that and the way they are looked at by the media types. The Mizzou grads at the post have historically dismissed SLU while they over cover tiger football and basketball. It’s the driving force for me to do this podcast. 

Excellent podcast, BTW. Listen to it on my commute to work. 

11 minutes ago, glazedandconfused said:

Why is everyone anti-Mizzou though? Just a combination of their fans/how Mizzou won't play us? Don't need a book, just maybe a few sentences on why the animosity.

To me the biggest is their fans and media that cover them.  They act like they are Kansas when a conversation about playing SLU comes up where it is some crazy idea because they are so much better.  Just recently Gabe Dearmond was asked about better program SLU vs Mizzou and compared the last decade which SLU has been better than Mizzou but he of course then says that is because Mizzou plays in a more difficult conference and Mizzou is just having a bad decade.  There were years over the past 10 the A10 was just as good if not deeper than the SEC.