Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

23 minutes ago, willie said:

I don’t get the McKinney interest by this board. The kid couldn’t play at a very mediocre Missouri. It wasn’t like he was playing behind a bunch of All Americans. We don’t need whatever role he might play. 

Martin said he wasn't playing because he still needed to learn to play better defense and learn to play with more control, two common issues with freshmen. On top of that Mizzou's only strength are at the 1 and 2 position's. 

I dont think Mckinney is some stud or anything, and I trust Ford has a good clue as to if he can stay at the D1 level. If ford wants him, Im all for it. 

dennis_w and DeSmetBilliken like this

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Thanks. I was wrong again. 

Then I have no idea why he would go D2. Worse facilities, less exposure, and less competition to go against in practice. 

4 hours ago, willie said:

I don’t get the McKinney interest by this board. The kid couldn’t play at a very mediocre Missouri. It wasn’t like he was playing behind a bunch of All Americans. We don’t need whatever role he might play. 

I don't know why I have to keep repeating myself - did you enjoy watching Tramaine Isabell carry us in Brooklyn? I certainly did, and he wasn't "good enough" for Missouri. 

14 minutes ago, Littlebill said:

I don't know why I have to keep repeating myself - did you enjoy watching Tramaine Isabell carry us in Brooklyn? I certainly did, and he wasn't "good enough" for Missouri. 

Except that McKinney couldn't get on the floor for Mizzou, but Isabell could and left for reasons other than playing time.  (Thus, it's not that TI "wasn't good enough" for Mizzou.)

billiken_roy likes this

3 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Thanks. I was wrong again. 

Then I have no idea why he would go D2. Worse facilities, less exposure, and less competition to go against in practice. 

It would make sense for him to play the 2nd semester at a d2 school and then sit out 1 year at his new school. He would then have 3 years of eligibility left.If he transfers to a d1 school now , he wouldn’t be eligible until the 2nd semester next season, and then only have 2 years left after that season. He could also play at a juco school to finish this season.

2 minutes ago, BIG BILL FAN said:

It would make sense for him to play the 2nd semester at a d2 school and then sit out 1 year at his new school. He would then have 3 years of eligibility left.If he transfers to a d1 school now , he wouldn’t be eligible until the 2nd semester next season, and then only have 2 years left after that season. He could also play at a juco school to finish this season.

He may be able to still do a trimester school 

14 hours ago, Quality Is Job 1 said:

Except that McKinney couldn't get on the floor for Mizzou, but Isabell could and left for reasons other than playing time.  (Thus, it's not that TI "wasn't good enough" for Mizzou.)

When Isabell was there, Mizzou won 19 games in two years. Hard to compare the talent pool

3star_recruit likes this

Finally had a chance to watch the Vashon Oak Hill game from last week. Something Ive always been impressed with from Vashon teams is the motor almost everyone on the team plays with. Was especially impressed with Kobe Clark. Made a couple mistakes decision wise. He is really active in all aspects of the game. Thought he and Kern were the best on the ball defenders Vashon had. Considering Fletcher and Russell are pretty sound wing defenders I think that’s saying something. 

Pistol and TheChosenOne like this

14 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

Finally had a chance to watch the Vashon Oak Hill game from last week. Something Ive always been impressed with from Vashon teams is the motor almost everyone on the team plays with. Was especially impressed with Kobe Clark. Made a couple mistakes decision wise. He is really active in all aspects of the game. Thought he and Kern were the best on the ball defenders Vashon had. Considering Fletcher and Russell are pretty sound wing defenders I think that’s saying something. 

14 minutes ago, hmart23 said:

What year is Kobe.

On 1/20/2020 at 1:04 PM, SLURadioBoy said:

As I mentioned in the 2021 recruiting thread, Frank had Tony Irons on his show today. Tony said that he was going to be meeting with McKinney and his father today to talk about Mario's future. Apparently they let Mario make his own decision the first time around and his dad will have more input when it comes to his next destination.

Frank later said on the show that he's heard there is a chance Mario goes the D2 route to re-establish himself.

Mario will have to decide soon where he is going, I would imagine. SLU started back up on the 13th I think. 

2 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Mario will have to decide soon where he is going, I would imagine. SLU started back up on the 13th I think. 

Iirc he has until fall semester to pick, no matter if he picks tomorrow or last August, he’ll have to sit out next season.

29 minutes ago, wgstl said:

Iirc he has until fall semester to pick, no matter if he picks tomorrow or last August, he’ll have to sit out next season.

He can play somewhere after he has completed two academic semesters there. He could've gone somewhere right away, sat this semester and next, and played beginning in the semester break next season. He would burn another year of eligibility, though.

By taking more time, he's making it look like he's going to sit a full year and play three full seasons somewhere.

On 1/22/2020 at 1:39 PM, hmart23 said:

I agree. Saw Kobe at Highland for the Vashon/Simeon game. He had 11 points, eight rebounds, four assists and three steals and it seemed like he was affecting every play while he was on the court.

hmart23 likes this

Vashon will be playing tonight in the Quincy Shootout against Sheldon High School (Sacramento) and Arizona St..commit Marcus Bagley. They then leave and play a home game tomorrow vs Chicago Whitney Young.

Many of the top area teams this year playing strong out of town schedules. But no one is playing a schedule as rigorous as Vashon this year.