Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

The word earlier this month was that Strickland was planning to visit LSU, Georgia, and Arkansas in October, with only Arkansas being an official visit. I also read that Georgetown and Michigan were trying to get him on campus. I don't know the status of any of these, and I don't know the priority level for Strickland for any of these, but I'm glad we got in front of them to make our case.

No post-visit word from Gaines yet, nor do I see any word of an offer. (I would offer him.)

5 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

This on twitter? 

he said on his Instagram story that an announcement of some sort will be on twitter and IG, but I cant find his twitter. 

Also dont know where he lives so not sure what time zone. 

edit never mind, found his twitter and that he lives in miami. so 7 our time.

20 minutes ago, RiseOfTheBillikens said:

Goodwin, thatch, Weaver, Jacobs, Yuri, Hargrove all follow him on Instagram.

Shane Ford follows him on Twitter. Michael Wilson does, too, but that's been the case for several months.

3 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Shane Ford follows him on Twitter. Michael Wilson does, too, but that's been the case for several months.

Compared to the local St. Louis high school forwards do you think Strickland is better?

If Strickland commits does SLU still pursue Bradford or do they look for another guard.

14 minutes ago, CBFan said:

Compared to the local St. Louis high school forwards do you think Strickland is better?

If Strickland commits does SLU still pursue Bradford or do they look for another guard.

Love is a combo guard, Fletcher and Kasubke are wings, Kalkbrenner and Bradford are centers. They're the top five locals. It's hard to say Strickland is better than any of them, as they're all nationally ranked and he's a bit of a late bloomer. Maybe Kasubke is better right now but Strickland's long-term upside is higher?

I see Strickland as a SF with length and athleticism. He's still listed at 6-5 most places but might be an inch taller now. His dad (who played for 6 NBA teams in 9 years after going undrafted out of Temple, in addition to numerous international leagues) is 6-9, so he still might be growing. If that's the case, we might be looking at him as a longer term forward who can play the 3 or 4. But right now, I think he sees himself as a wing guard with length.

Which is a long way of saying - I'm not sure what the priority for the last scholarship is if he indeed commits. My guess is we pursue another guard and look at him as a long-term 4.

CBFan and Bills_06 like this

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Love is a combo guard, Fletcher and Kasubke are wings, Kalkbrenner and Bradford are centers. They're the top five locals. It's hard to say Strickland is better than any of them, as they're all nationally ranked and he's a bit of a late bloomer. Maybe Kasubke is better right now but Strickland's long-term upside is higher?

I see Strickland as a SF with length and athleticism. He's still listed at 6-5 most places but might be an inch taller now. His dad (who played for 6 NBA teams in 9 years after going undrafted out of Temple, in addition to numerous international leagues) is 6-9, so he still might be growing. If that's the case, we might be looking at him as a longer term forward who can play the 3 or 4. But right now, I think he sees himself as a wing guard with length.

Which is a long way of saying - I'm not sure what the priority for the last scholarship is if he indeed commits. My guess is we pursue another guard and look at him as a long-term 4.

any idea as to why he has no profile on the big recruiting sites ?