Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

7 hours ago, Coach314 said:

I don't know.  I heard last week that Mizzou has a good shot to land him.

Based on timing (coming off of the UNC visit) it would seem like UNC, but that isn’t based on anything beyond that. It seemed like UNC was kind of his dream school and Cam Fletcher’s was Kentucky, tough for the local programs to beat them out once they truly target kids. The Kalkbrenner recruitment and him ultimately committing to Creighton is one I would be curious to know about and just how interested we were in him.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

Based on timing (coming off of the UNC visit) it would seem like UNC, but that isn’t based on anything beyond that. It seemed like UNC was kind of his dream school and Cam Fletcher’s was Kentucky, tough for the local programs to beat them out once they truly target kids. The Kalkbrenner recruitment and him ultimately committing to Creighton is one I would be curious to know about and just how interested we were in him.

The Kalkbrenner commitment is a strange choice based on his talent level.

The big east is a great conference but I like the b10 better and I think Purdue would have made more sense.

I guess it could be he has a connection to Omaha.  I have worked in that town in the winter and it is bitter cold.

It will be interesting if his commitment sticks based on the article about Creighton’s name being mentioned in investigations.

TheChosenOne likes this

9 hours ago, TheChosenOne said:

his dream school and Cam Fletcher’s was Kentucky.

I think state was actually his dream school. I’ve heard a few times Izzo was who he always wanted to play for, and most thought he was going to go there but the UK visit was too much 

2 minutes ago, moytoy12 said:

Well, you and I have obviously decided it's quitting time on a Friday.

After the week of work I've had, I deserve it and so much more.

@billikenfan05 @The House That Rick Built This also sheds some light on who Ford Stuen was visiting in Atlanta. A new name, after all (although he probably checked in on others).

Eric Gaines - PG, 6-3, 170 - Lithonia, GA (Lithonia) - AAU: Team United (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @EricDaGoat
Offers: Nebraska, Penn State, TCU, Houston, Middle Tennessee, Georgia State.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Providence, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, Georgia, Temple, Tulane, Murray State, Morehead State, Jacksonville State, Indiana State, Missouri State, Buffalo, Kent State, Old Dominion, Florida Atlantic, Western Carolina, Northern Kentucky, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, Arkansas State, UC-Irvine, Winthrop, Florida Gulf Coast, Florida A&M.

Latest News: Gaines will be on SLU's campus for Billiken Madness. (9/27/19)

Scouting Report: Gaines is an athletic playmaking guard who scores in a variety of ways and shines in transition. He's got a quick shot off the bounce or the catch and he's got some range. He shows good vision and passing ability. He's an explosive leaper and dunker. He handles the ball well and is shifty getting to the basket, with his wiry frame, length, and bounce. He's also an active, disruptive defender.

-I'd encourage anyone interested to go watch some video on this kid. He's a fun player. Super athletic and explosive. I like what I see.

34 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Eric Gaines - PG, 6-3, 170 - Lithonia, GA (Lithonia) - AAU: Team United (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @EricDaGoat
Offers: Nebraska, Penn State, TCU, Houston, Middle Tennessee, Georgia State.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Providence, Virginia Tech, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Northwestern, Georgia, Temple, Tulane, Murray State, Morehead State, Jacksonville State, Indiana State, Missouri State, Buffalo, Kent State, Old Dominion, Florida Atlantic, Western Carolina, Northern Kentucky, Georgia Southern, Coastal Carolina, Arkansas State, UC-Irvine, Winthrop, Florida Gulf Coast, Florida A&M.

Latest News: Gaines will be on SLU's campus for Billiken Madness. (9/27/19)

Scouting Report: Gaines is an athletic playmaking guard who scores in a variety of ways and shines in transition. He's got a quick shot off the bounce or the catch and he's got some range. He shows good vision and passing ability. He's an explosive leaper and dunker. He handles the ball well and is shifty getting to the basket, with his wiry frame, length, and bounce. He's also an active, disruptive defender.

-I'd encourage anyone interested to go watch some video on this kid. He's a fun player. Super athletic and explosive. I like what I see.

TFord is closing the deal this weekend