Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Creighton actually has a decent history of getting bigs to the league.  They all stunk when they got there but I'd say he made a good choice.  He'll be high profile in that league, where he might not be in the PAC10 or Big Ten.

almaman likes this

2 hours ago, thetorch said:

Creighton actually has a decent history of getting bigs to the league.  They all stunk when they got there but I'd say he made a good choice.  He'll be high profile in that league, where he might not be in the PAC10 or Big Ten.

The Big East is high profile.  Two National Championships the past few years.  The Pac 10 and Big Ten, been awhile.

1 hour ago, WVBilliken said:

The Big East is high profile.  Two National Championships the past few years.  The Pac 10 and Big Ten, been awhile.

Name the last good Big East Big man?  This ain't the 80s anymore.

Pac 10 typically has a couple high end centers in their league, a lot of very athletic big men.  Big Ten is extremely physical with multiple big bodied centers.  Big East not so much, it is a guards league.  Kalkbrenner will have an easier time being a star.

59 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

I saw a tweet - of course I can’t find it now - that thought Bradford was going the prep route? Anyone heard similar?

A Mizzou fan was asking about this rumor on Twitter a couple days ago. I heard the rumor a week ago but have not been able to confirm so I haven't posted anything here. As for the rumored destination, it's a prep school we've become a lot more familiar with very recently.

The timing would certainly be weird, given that it's now late September and the school year is a month underway. If a player had already transferred, we should know by now. But given that Bradford played in the Ramey Fall League this past weekend, it's safe to say he's still in St. Louis for now.

Had a SLU offer as a 2019 recruit: 

Weird to take a prep year and still commit early. He had some higher-level interest, but BSU would've been one of his best offers at this point. I figured he'd be a spring signing.

1 hour ago, Coach314 said:

I heard he was leaning toward K State.  But maybe he's having issues qualifying wherever he wants to go.

Sometimes when players go to 3 different high schools they will have qualifying issues outside of GPA and test scores.  If someone isn't paying proper attention having the right credits to qualify can become a big issue.

20 minutes ago, courtside said:

Caleb Love has narrowed his choices to Mizzou and North Carolina. (Former SLU target and similar position player, RJ Davis, is still considering North Carolina, along with Georgetown, Marquette, and Pittsburgh)

Wow this is so interesting for SLU

I thought Caleb wanted to go big time.  An interesting final two.  One mid-level SEC team already loaded with guards (although I assume that CL would start from day one) vs. one national powerhouse, a destination program for top 25 recruits, which is on national TV almost every week.

With the "Smith brothers", Pinson, Watson and maybe Love, I hope Mario enjoys his first two years getting mop-up minutes. 

27 minutes ago, bauman said:

I thought Caleb wanted to go big time.  An interesting final two.  One mid-level SEC team already loaded with guards (although I assume that CL would start from day one) vs. one national powerhouse, a destination program for top 25 recruits, which is on national TV almost every week.

With the "Smith brothers", Pinson, Watson and maybe Love, I hope Mario enjoys his first two years getting mop-up minutes. 

I mean, all signs point to UNC, so I guess he did want to go big time. 

50 minutes ago, bauman said:

Tar Heels mid level, interesting.

1 hour ago, bauman said:

Mizzou is listed as a courtesy in a final two. Just like we were with Tatum.  For some reason people like Crews and Martin think it is important to make a finalist list.  I think it is a waste of resources trying to make sure you get on a finalist list when you know the kid is going elsewhere.

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Mizzou is listed as a courtesy in a final two. Just like we were with Tatum.  For some reason people like Crews and Martin think it is important to make a finalist list.  I think it is a waste of resources trying to make sure you get on a finalist list when you know the kid is going elsewhere.

I firmly believe that Tatum almost went to SLU. It was not a courtesy. 

4 minutes ago, willie said:

I firmly believe that Tatum almost went to SLU. It was not a courtesy. 

I think he would have gone to SLU if just about anyone but Crews was the coach. He wasn't coming to SLU with Crews as the head coach.  Crews disrespected his best friend and didn't have enough talent to surround him with.

JohnnyJumpUp likes this

1 minute ago, brianstl said:

I think he would have gone to SLU if just about anyone but Crews was the coach. He wasn't coming to SLU with Crews as the head coach.  Crews disrespected his best friend and didn't have enough talent to surround him with.

Up until the last couple of days before signing date the coaching staff was convinced he was coming. 

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Tatum was coming to SLU. Re listen to the mike Crawford episode of THTRB

I just heard Rammer and his co-host (especially the co-host) on AM 590 imploring C Love to go to MIzzou instead of UNC.  They made Martin sound like some kind of a coaching god!  For his part in the conversation , Billiken Bob needs to retire that nickname.  It's too bad that Bob normally seems afraid to come out as a Billiken supporter, while other media members have no problem wearing their Tiger Tails.

I love Rammer's passion calling the games, but he sure could give the Bills some love (pun intended) during his other broadcast duties. 

AGB91 likes this

7 hours ago, brianstl said:

I don't know.  I heard last week that Mizzou has a good shot to land him.