Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

32 minutes ago, kmbilliken said:

Just ate at rod n reel a half hour ago. Any other recommendations on AMI?

The best spot on the island is The Sand Bar - then waddle on over to Hurricane Hanks for a postgame barley pop.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

1 hour ago, kmbilliken said:

Just ate at rod n reel a half hour ago. Any other recommendations on AMI?

That's hilarious! Admittedly, I've only been to AMI once. Went last year with a friend of mine whose in-laws have a house down there. Went to Rod n Reel every day to sit out on the pier and drink $1.50 draft beers. We kept it pretty casual that weekend. I think we went to Slim's Place 2 nights to watch the World Series (decent sports bar). The Doctor's Office is a great cocktail bar.

Like @TheChosenOne said, Beach Bistro is very popular. So is The Sandbar Restaurant.  The Waterfront Restaurant looked cool but we never went to any of those places.There are a few cool hole-in-the-wall bars down there. For a quick breakfast, we went to Ginny's and Jane E's Cafe.

TheChosenOne likes this

2 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

That's hilarious! Admittedly, I've only been to AMI once. Went last year with a friend of mine whose in-laws have a house down there. Went to Rod n Reel every day to sit out on the pier and drink $1.50 draft beers. We kept it pretty casual that weekend. I think we went to Slim's Place 2 nights to watch the World Series (decent sports bar). The Doctor's Office is a great cocktail bar.

Like @TheChosenOne said, Beach Bistro is very popular. So is The Sandbar Restaurant.  The Waterfront Restaurant looked cool but we never went to any of those places.There are a few cool hole-in-the-wall bars down there. For a quick breakfast, we went to Ginny's and Jane E's Cafe.

That is the only place I can remember the name of that I have been to. The President of my firm is one of the owners (the guy who opened Beach Bistro is also in the ownership group), cool place.

20 hours ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Not sure about that school but I'm sure their facilities are unbelievable. You know what else is unbelievable? Throwing back 8 or 9 cold brews at Rod n Reel on AMI.

Also not sure what to think of this Markhi Strickland. Wasn't really impressed after looking at his Verbal Commits page but not sure how updated that is (has him listed at 6'5). Pistol's analysis made me feel a little better about him but still hoping he's a back up plan.

He's 6'5 with a solid handle and jumps over the moon.  Basically Demarius Jacobs plus 3 inches.  Performed well at the NBPA Top 100 camp that was chuck full of top 100 2020 players.  Still believe that we're going to sign a shooter in this class but 6'5 uber athletes with guard skills don't grow on trees.  Doesn't hurt to take your shot in the fall because if he continues to progress he won't be there in the spring.

1 hour ago, RUBillsFan said:

I'm gonna put this here because I don't know what recruiting thread it really belongs in:

@Pistol's recruiting lists only show one guy who goes to OSL and he's a 2019 guy who is already committed somewhere else.  Any ideas who our staff is watching at OSL?

St. John's, Dayton and UMass have recently offered an under the radar shooting guard named Dylan Wusu so I'm guessing it's him:

https://redmen.com/forum/recruits-2020/274520-dylan-wusu-sg-our-savior-lutheran-hs.html?start=10

10 hours ago, RiseAndGrind said:

so who do we think is in Orlando?

Eric Butler, a 6-3 guard who Ford offered back in June, plays for Orlando Christian Prep.  Primarily a playmaker but can shoot it a little.  

Most of the A-10 appears to be in the same boat we're in, fresh off of big recruiting classes last year or the year before.  VCU and Davidson are the only teams with multiple commitments.  Everybody else has 1 or no commitments.

Pistol likes this

Latest 2020 offer:

Maximillian (Max) Amadasun - C, 6-10, 230 - Dublin, Ireland (Our Savior Lutheran, NY) - AAU: NY Lightning (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @max_amada
Offers: Saint Louis, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, St. John's, Penn State, Old Dominion.

Interest: Davidson, Xavier, Providence, DePaul, Clemson, Pittsburgh, Michigan, Illinois, Stanford, Connecticut, Temple, Tulsa, Utah State, St. Mary's, Loyola Marymount, Holy Cross, Charleston, Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, Maryland-Baltimore County, Bryant, Florida A&M.

Latest News: Amadasun received an offer from SLU. (9/16/19)

Scouting Report: Amadasun is a big (6-10, 7-1 wingspan) post player with a solid combination of athleticism and skill. He has good post moves and will try to dunk anything he can. He has good bounce for his size. He rebounds well at both ends. He's a surprisingly good passer, both from the high post and from the outlet, starting the fast break. He's a very good shot blocker, as well. A native of Ireland, he plays for Our Savior Lutheran's national team in NYC.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Latest 2020 offer:

Maximillian (Max) Amadasun - C, 6-10, 230 - Dublin, Ireland (Our Savior Lutheran, NY) - AAU: NY Lightning (Nike EYBL) - Twitter: @max_amada
Offers: Saint Louis, Rhode Island, Massachusetts, St. John's, Penn State, Old Dominion.

Interest: Davidson, Xavier, Providence, DePaul, Clemson, Pittsburgh, Michigan, Illinois, Stanford, Connecticut, Temple, Tulsa, Utah State, St. Mary's, Loyola Marymount, Holy Cross, Charleston, Appalachian State, Coastal Carolina, Maryland-Baltimore County, Bryant, Florida A&M.

Latest News: Amadasun received an offer from SLU. (9/16/19)

Scouting Report: Amadasun is a big (6-10, 7-1 wingspan) post player with a solid combination of athleticism and skill. He has good post moves and will try to dunk anything he can. He has good bounce for his size. He rebounds well at both ends. He's a surprisingly good passer, both from the high post and from the outlet, starting the fast break. He's a very good shot blocker, as well. A native of Ireland, he plays for Our Savior Lutheran's national team in NYC.

-a lot to like in the Scouting Report, come on, go ahead, Be a Billiken

11 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Eric Butler, a 6-3 guard who Ford offered back in June, plays for Orlando Christian Prep.  Primarily a playmaker but can shoot it a little.  

Most of the A-10 appears to be in the same boat we're in, fresh off of big recruiting classes last year or the year before.  VCU and Davidson are the only teams with multiple commitments.  Everybody else has 1 or no commitments.

Not exactly going up against cream of the crop there. Trust in Ford. 

A few 2020 notes:

-Since announcing his top ten, which included SLU, Keon Ambrose-Hylton has received offers from Alabama, USC, and NC State. All have visited him, as well. We were already in a tough pool and might be getting muscled out completely.

-Miami, USC, North Florida, SIUC, Drexel, USF, Northeastern, Appalachian State, Wyoming, Florida Atlantic, and Oklahoma State went to open gym at Orlando Christian Prep. I'm fairly certain Ford Stuen went, as well, because we know he was in Orlando. They're all seeing Eric Butler and various teammates.

-Bradford took an official visit to Mizzou, his second (K-State was first). According to Threat Hoops, he's supposed to visit Oklahoma State and SLU next, and then Late Night at the Phog at KU on 10/4. I'm still trying to confirm the OSU and SLU dates.

-Reece Brown continues to add higher level offers, this time from Wisconsin and UNLV. TCU and Cal are also getting involved. He has an official visit to Rice on 9/27.

-Dylan Branson, Kobe Clark, and Lamontay Daughtery have all played extremely well in the Ramey Fall League.

-Melvin Edwards has had a lot of visitors but I haven't been able to confirm SLU as one.

-Texas Tech went to see Donte Houston. They're not in his top 10, but he tweeted that he's still open after his top 10, so it's not entirely meaningful.

-Kalkbrenner took an official visit to Creighton this weekend. It looked like Creighton was his third finalist after Purdue and Stanford, but Kansas offered and that might change things.

-Andrew Laczkowski took his first OV to Penn. He has one at Northeastern at the end of the month, and has three left.

-Seryee Lewis transferred from Morgan Park in Chicago to Compass Prep in AZ. As others have said, he's got his eyes on the highest level possible even though SLU has been involved among the longest.

-Jamal Mashburn, Jr. has OVs scheduled for Cal, Minnesota, and Wake Forest. Still has the other two to spend, I think.

-GT and Ole Miss were out to see Tristan Maxwell.

-Jackson Sivills has taken consecutive OVs to Furman, Wofford, and Florida Gulf Coast. Those three, Murray State, Vandy, and Wyoming came out to see him. Murray State is making the full push - his dad went there. I have to imagine they'll get one of the two last OVs.

-Iowa State went out to see Jayden Stone.

-Will Bailey went down to see Markhi Strickland at Victory Rock Prep. He's visiting LSU and Georgia soon - both unofficials - and Michigan and Georgetown are trying to get him on campus. He seems to be taking his time.

Jeremiah Oden - PF, 6-8, 190 - Chicago IL (Sunrise Christian Academy, KS) - AAU: Team Rose (Adidas Gauntlet) - Twitter: @JeremiahOden
Offers: Saint Louis, DePaul, Minnesota, New Mexico, San Francisco, Valparaiso, Illinois State, Drake, Miami-Ohio, Ball State, Western Michigan, Illinois-Chicago, UTEP, Florida International, UNC-Greensboro, South Dakota, Appalachian State, Little Rock, High Point, Southern Utah, NJIT.

Interest: VCU, Dayton, St. Bonaventure, Xavier, Virginia Tech, Boston College, Wisconsin, Texas, Missouri, Washington, Washington State, Tulsa, Tulane, Santa Clara, Portland, Princeton, Murray State, Morehead State, SEMO, SIU-Carbondale, Indiana State, Ohio, Toledo, Central Michigan, Northern Illinois, Northern Kentucky, Milwaukee, Middle Tennessee, Louisiana Tech, UAB, Samford, William & Mary, Delaware, Drexel, Towson, Arkansas State, Coastal Carolina, Louisiana, Louisiana-Monroe, South Dakota State, Southeastern Louisiana, New Hampshire, UC-Davis, Bryant, UMKC, Seattle, Texas-Rio Grande Valley.

Latest News: Oden received offers from SLU and Minnesota. (9/18/19)

Scouting Report: Oden is a versatile combo forward with good length and an inside-out game. He slashes to the rim and finishes with great leaping ability, but can step out and shoot on occasion. He's a fluid athlete and runs the floor well. He played with Brad Beal Elite in the spring and finished with Team Rose for later summer events. Oden is young for his original class (2019) and a bit of a late bloomer physically. He graduated from St. Rita in Chicago and is taking a postgrad year at Sunrise Christian Academy in Kansas.

18 minutes ago, SLURadioBoy said:

Any chance we are trying to do a package deal with Stone and Oden?

There's no reason to think a guy from Australia and a guy from Chicago who just started going to school together a few weeks ago would be a true package deal. But it's clear we're recruiting that program more heavily than ever.

21 minutes ago, Pistol said:

There's no reason to think a guy from Australia and a guy from Chicago who just started going to school together a few weeks ago would be a true package deal. But it's clear we're recruiting that program more heavily than ever.

Great point. Just thought I’d throw it out there.

On 8/26/2019 at 4:50 PM, courtside said:

For those interested in attending the Highland Shootout, there has been a change. Chicago Simeon will be replacing Milwaukee Nicolet in the game vs Vashon. Recently, Nicolet lost a few players to transfer.  Duke commit Jalen Johnson is transferring to IMG Academy for his Senior season.  Also Jamari Sibley top 100 2020 recruit, Jamari Sibley is transferring to Oak Hill Academy. 

Simeon lost star Sophomore AJ Casey to transfer recently. (living with his mom in Tinley Park) But they still have several other D-1 caliber players on their team. 

The Highland Shootout lost Duke commit Jalen Johnson with his transfer to IMG Academy. But it gains another one. Whitney Young’s DJ Steward, 2020 combo guard, committed to Duke. Whitney Young plays Chaminade in the event.