Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

Another thing to be on the lookout for: This is a huge weekend for visits. Some of the football schools have 10 or so guys coming on campus this weekend and some are hosting multiple guys for officials.

Don't be surprised if we have a player or players coming in this weekend. I haven't been able to confirm any such visits - and yes, there's a lot of competition this weekend so they may be clustered at power conference schools with home football games - but we might still hear about something, possibly even during or after a visit.

For the more conspiracy-minded among us, take this along with the preceding 8 posts and do with it what you will. If you're on campus and spot someone who looks like the guy below, let us know.

Screen_Shot_2019-06-26_at_7.02.11_PM_med

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Another thing to be on the lookout for: This is a huge weekend for visits. Some of the football schools have 10 or so guys coming on campus this weekend and some are hosting multiple guys for officials.

Don't be surprised if we have a player or players coming in this weekend. I haven't been able to confirm any such visits - and yes, there's a lot of competition this weekend so they may be clustered at power conference schools with home football games - but we might still hear about something, possibly even during or after a visit.

For the more conspiracy-minded among us, take this along with the preceding 8 posts and do with it what you will. If you're on campus and spot someone who looks like the guy below, let us know.

Screen_Shot_2019-06-26_at_7.02.11_PM_med

Interesting enough Larry Hughes is already following him on Twitter, which makes me wonder if he's already been on campus.

Please ignore the above post:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Hearing that Billiken target Jayden Stone is visiting Saint Louis this weekend. Stone a 2020 recruit is a 6’3 guard out of Perth, Australia currently at Sunrise Christian(KS). Holds offers from Auburn, Alabama and Baylor <a href="https://twitter.com/hashtag/Billikens?src=hash&amp;ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">#Billikens</a></p>&mdash; The House That Rick Built (@HouseRickBuilt) <a href="https://twitter.com/HouseRickBuilt/status/1170082342553210883?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Did Brian do it again or did Brian do it again?   Did Twitter do it again or did Twitter do it again?

Was it Neufeld who went to Sunrise?? Not trying to say anything, just remember someone went there.. Know they are a national academy

15 minutes ago, BLIKNS said:

Was it Neufeld who went to Sunrise?? Not trying to say anything, just remember someone went there.. Know they are a national academy

Yes, it was Neufeld.

26 minutes ago, Slu let the dogs out? said:

Please ignore the above post:

Hearing that Billiken target Jayden Stone is visiting Saint Louis this weekend. Stone a 2020 recruit is a 6’3 guard out of Perth, Australia currently at Sunrise Christian(KS). Holds offers from Auburn, Alabama and Baylor #Billikens

— The House That Rick Built (@HouseRickBuilt) September 6, 2019

Did Brian do it again or did Brian do it again?

No inside information on this.  Just everything on Twitter pointed to him being on campus.

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

No inside information on this.  Just everything on Twitter pointed to him being on campus.

Thanks. I've revised my post. Carter posting it now. I'm sure Stu will get around to it eventually:

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">I can confirm 2020 4-star recruit Jayden Stone is visiting SLU this weekend and is currently on campus. Jayden is a 6&#39;3 SG who is an Australian native currently attending HS at Sunrise Christian in Kansas. <br><br>He is the #73 recruit on ESPN&#39;s top 100, and the top recruit in Kansas.</p>&mdash; Carter Chapley (@ChapleyMedia) <a href="https://twitter.com/ChapleyMedia/status/1170091018995322881?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">September 6, 2019</a></blockquote>
<script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

brianstl likes this

On 9/5/2019 at 8:02 AM, Taj79 said:

I remember when we brought Darren Clarke in and some brilliant mind b*tched about rooting for "that f*cker" from Minnesota over a local product.  Interesting juxtaposition.  Drew Deiner was another 'can't miss' distance gunner.  Diener shot 40% for his career but I doubt anyone mentions his shooting from distance in the same breath as Claggett, Highmark and Waldman. 

Not taking a side; content to watch it all unfold. I'm glad to have Jimerson.  I think from an overall team aspect Kasubke would have been a good add.  But counting on suppostions as absolutes is a futile exercise.  Show me.

And your thoughts on Yurimania. I will save your reply. You've been warned. 

No thoughts. Haven't seen him play and don't believe any hype.  I grade our season on the performance in the OOC, the conference and the A10 tournament.  Yuri has "dnp"s for all those columns right now.

11 minutes ago, cheeseman said:

Did Cody visit them?

You got me on that one, but we did have Harriman as an AC back then. That, plus Rickma's rep down under, probably kept him out of their clutches. You have to admit, Cheese, the Zags and Gaels have pretty much built a moat around that territory.