Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

30 minutes ago, Pistol said:

SLU and Loyola both got Instagram posts from his visits and K-State didn't, so I'm guessing they get the big commitment one.

I have no idea, but I would guess K-State just based on the timing of everything. He made his top 3 official a couple days ago on his visit and said he'd decide in the coming weeks. Now he's announcing today back at school. It just seems like whatever he saw this weekend made up his mind. It would probably be wishful thinking to believe he hated his visit to K-State and normally announcements right on the heels of a visit are commitments to that most recently visited school.

We'll know in two hours.

While I still think a commitment from Kasubke would be huge (mostly to keep the local momentum going) I’m good with knowing Gibson is playing the same position and probably a better shooter. Of course you can never have too many shooters.

I wonder how the 2020 class will be filled out. 

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Usually with the locals, news of a commitment will leak out prior  to the official announcement. Maybe this will be different, but the fact that things are quiet leads me to believe it will be K-State. He's a talented kid and clearly would be a nice addition, but like Rise says with GJ already on the roster, adding this kid is not a must.

Just now, ACE said:

Usually with the locals, news of a commitment will leak out prior  to the official announcement. Maybe this will be different, but the fact that things are quiet leads me to believe it will be K-State. He's a talented kid and clearly would be a nice addition, but like Rise says with GJ already on the roster, adding this kid is not a must.

The reason it plays out that way is because kids who want to stay home have felt that way for awhile.  They'll make half-hearted overtures to other schools but they have emotional ties to home.  Invariably, they will tip their hand in some way. 

Kasubke, on the other hand, has been on multiple visits to Kansas State and set his official visit date there over a month ago.  

27 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

While I still think a commitment from Kasubke would be huge (mostly to keep the local momentum going) I’m good with knowing Gibson is playing the same position and probably a better shooter. Of course you can never have too many shooters.

I wonder how the 2020 class will be filled out. 

Im the exact way.  Id want him, absolutely, but I also will move on very quickly if we dont. 

20 minutes ago, ACE said:

I wouldn't say not a must. I think we want as many local top 150 kids as we can get. These are the types of kids Travis needs.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

SLU and Loyola both got Instagram posts from his visits and K-State didn't, so I'm guessing they get the big commitment one.

I have no idea, but I would guess K-State just based on the timing of everything. He made his top 3 official a couple days ago on his visit and said he'd decide in the coming weeks. Now he's announcing today back at school. It just seems like whatever he saw this weekend made up his mind. It would probably be wishful thinking to believe he hated his visit to K-State and normally announcements right on the heels of a visit are commitments to that most recently visited school.

We'll know in two hours.

f4dba4d5c8360d8430ee7b95fa0d9856.jpg

I don't think he's as similar to Jimerson as we all think. I'll be disappointed anytime that we don't land a top 150 local kid whose family has strong Catholic ties/background. I would also like to have a nice Chaminade pipeline. I do think he's a little overrated and he may be in over his head at K State, but he and Jimerson could definitely co-exist on this team without having a duplicate skillset on the court. It's definitely not the end of the world if he chooses not to come to SLU but he potentially would have helped us land Bradford too

1 minute ago, TheChosenOne said:

This is true, I will shoulder the blame on this one if the choice is Kansas State (who wants to be in Manhattan, KS?!?!). I guess I should wait to ask the question, but do I request that he return the $?

Image result for ya blew it gif

TheChosenOne likes this

2 minutes ago, slufan13 said:

I don't think he's as similar to Jimerson as we all think. I'll be disappointed anytime that we don't land a top 150 local kid whose family has strong Catholic ties/background. I would also like to have a nice Chaminade pipeline. I do think he's a little overrated and he may be in over his head at K State, but he and Jimerson could definitely co-exist on this team without having a duplicate skillset on the court. It's definitely not the end of the world if he chooses not to come to SLU but he potentially would have helped us land Bradford too

This is pretty much where I am at.  The biggest concern if it is KSU is that he is different type of recruit than the other local kids that headed to KSU.  None of those kids were ever really going to end up at SLU for one reason or another.  Like you said this would be KSU beating us for a Catholic high school kid with a family thay all goes to Catholic universities and really practices their faith on a daily basis.

well we should have expected such.  i mean manhattan kansas is such a strong well reknown catholic center and with his family's reputed strong need for staying connected to Catholicism   oh hell i dont even believe this nonsense.  i agree tool