Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

1 hour ago, bauman said:

I'm glad to see Raboin getting a scholarship for his senior year.  He has been around the program for a few years and invested many hours on the practice court, when bodies were needed for scrimmages.  Congrats and thanks, Jack.

plus isnt raboin the best one season three point percentage in billiken history?  would think that justifies a scholarship

billikenbill and willie like this

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

4 hours ago, bauman said:

I'm glad to see Raboin getting a scholarship for his senior year.  He has been around the program for a few years and invested many hours on the practice court, when bodies were needed for scrimmages.  Congrats and thanks, Jack.

Do not believe Raboin has the last scholarship until announced by Ford.  Could just be an error by Verbal Commits that he is not shown as a walkon on the depth chart listing.

7 hours ago, bauman said:

I like how Jimerson is wearing R. Gray's old number and Perkins has Bess' #3.  Hopefully both will be able to perform like RG and JB, two of my all-time Billiken favorites

#3 would be retired if he had played here 4 years. 

Not only roster page has all the players listed now but also freshman weight and height.

10 hours ago, Cowboy said:

-can you point us to some years where this happened for these programs so we can compare that to our status for this season?

Sure.  Creighton established themselves as a team that "regularly" goes the NCAA Tourney by going to the Dance 9 times (out of 15) from 1998 to 2013 as per the attached link and that they qualified by winning the MVC only 4 times -- twice while both regular season and conference tournament champions and only 1 of 2 other times when they only were MVC conference champs.  Winning the conference did not qualify them, but IMO, these would be 4 years when they were good (conference champs) and supposed to be an NCAA Tourney team but only went to the Dance 3 of the 4 years.   The other 6 years when the went to the Dance they were "not supposed to be an NCAA Tourney team" b/c they did not win their regular season conference but nonetheless went to the Dance.  Note:  not once did Creighton fail to win their conference and fail to win their conference tournament but go to the Dance.  Also, some years, coming in 2nd place of the regular season was not good enough to qualify for the Dance.   Would Creighton have still made the Dance by not winning their conference tournament?  Not sure. But Creighton took the politics and second guessing out of the equation by winning their conference tournament 8 of the 15 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Creighton_Bluejays_men's_basketball_seasons

Charlie Spoonhour did this same thing with his SMS teams -- regularly coming into St. Louis for the conference tournament, having finished the year in 2nd, 3rd or 4th place -- only to punch their ticket to the Dance by winning the tournament while the Salukis and Coach Rich Herrin (regular season champs) - went to the NIT -- 1 bid league.

As to comparison with the A10 and this year -- not good comparison b/c the A10 has not been historically a 1 bid conference.   

12 hours ago, thetorch said:

Silly to give Raboin a schollie. Then we couldn't add a midseason transfer.

Eh, how many mid-season transfers are there every year? Is it really worth stocking a scholarship away for one? Have we ever had one work out? The last two - Graves and Lewis - never played a minute, albeit for very different reasons. I personally don't like the timing and eligibility messiness with mid-season transfers. It would have to be just the right player and just the right circumstances for me to get excited about one.

Plus, we end up having a 30-page thread here arguing about when a player will actually be eligible.

moytoy12 and AGB91 like this

12 hours ago, Clock_Tower said:

Sure.  Creighton established themselves as a team that "regularly" goes the NCAA Tourney by going to the Dance 9 times (out of 15) from 1998 to 2013 as per the attached link and that they qualified by winning the MVC only 4 times -- twice while both regular season and conference tournament champions and only 1 of 2 other times when they only were MVC conference champs.  Winning the conference did not qualify them, but IMO, these would be 4 years when they were good (conference champs) and supposed to be an NCAA Tourney team but only went to the Dance 3 of the 4 years.   The other 6 years when the went to the Dance they were "not supposed to be an NCAA Tourney team" b/c they did not win their regular season conference but nonetheless went to the Dance.  Note:  not once did Creighton fail to win their conference and fail to win their conference tournament but go to the Dance.  Also, some years, coming in 2nd place of the regular season was not good enough to qualify for the Dance.   Would Creighton have still made the Dance by not winning their conference tournament?  Not sure. But Creighton took the politics and second guessing out of the equation by winning their conference tournament 8 of the 15 years.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Creighton_Bluejays_men's_basketball_seasons

Charlie Spoonhour did this same thing with his SMS teams -- regularly coming into St. Louis for the conference tournament, having finished the year in 2nd, 3rd or 4th place -- only to punch their ticket to the Dance by winning the tournament while the Salukis and Coach Rich Herrin (regular season champs) - went to the NIT -- 1 bid league.

As to comparison with the A10 and this year -- not good comparison b/c the A10 has not been historically a 1 bid conference.   

-in this post you mention where the teams were at conf or ncaa tourney time not preseason expectations, in the other post it was about where the teams were expected to finish and exceeded those expectations 

25 minutes ago, Pistol said:

Plus, we end up having a 30-page thread here arguing about when a player will actually be eligible.

Haha, this is so true. It doesn't matter now, but did anyone ever figure out when Mikey Lewis would have been playing for us and for how long?

The focus of this coming weekend for Kansas State fans is on the football season starting and seeing how the Chris Klieman era gets going, but the weekend is important for more than just football this weekend. Bruce Weber’s basketball program enters a rather important weekend, too.

This weekend, the Wildcats host 2020 St. Louis products Luke Kasubke and Davion Bradford on official visits as they attempt to continue building their 2020 class around current commit Nijel Pack. Kasubke and Bradford might potentially be those next pieces.

Both Kasubke and Bradford have been high priorities for quite some time. The Wildcats have been after Bradford since he was young and they really began tapping into St. Louis (Bradford lived there prior to making some moves to different parts of the country and then recently returning to St. Louis.)

Kasubke has been under that St. Louis umbrella as well and has played for MOKAN Elite, a program that K-State has had on its radar. The Wildcats got him on campus last year for an unofficial visit and now he returns for his official. So what is there to learn on the official that he did not on his unofficial?

“I just hope to build a better relationship with the coaches, even though I already have good ones with them,” Kasubke said to GoPowercat.com. “And I also want to get to know the players better and see where I fit in with them.”

Bradford, on the other hand, has yet to make it to Manhattan for a visit yet.

"This will be my first time at K-State," Bradford said to GoPowercat. "I’m hoping it’ll be exciting and I’ll gain some more knowledge about K-State and just experience my whole visit."

The visit to K-State will be Kasubke’s third unofficial visit in a one-week span. He went to Saint Louis last week and began a visit to Loyola-Chicago today. As of now, these three are the only official visits that Kasubke has planned, although it doesn’t mean that more won’t come later on.

So could the Wildcats be on commitment watch this weekend with Kasubke?

“I haven’t thought a lot about committing on a visit,” Kasubke said. “The plan is to take my visits and then sit down and make a decision before the high school season sometime.”

Bradford has an official visit to Missouri scheduled for September 14 and so the thought of committing on a visit to K-State isn't really in his mind either.

"I feel like I would want to check for some more options after K-State," Bradford said. "Just to be safe, you know?"

The big question that everyone wants to know about the duo, though, is whether or not Weber could land both of them in a package deal. Being MOKAN teammates, the thought of them playing together is not out of the question and K-State could be the place for that to happen, considering how high of a priority they both are to the Wildcats.

So might the package deal happen?

“Davion’s my brother,” Kasubke said. “I’ve been playing with him since I was a little kid. I’m more concerned about what program fits me best, but at the same time, I would love to team up with him if we feel it fits both of us and our games.”

"I’m not necessarily looking for a package deal," Bradford added. "I’m just looking for wherever that fits me the best and where could I belong. I want to have a good career wherever I go. But I mean, it would be good to have (a package deal) if it came to it."

GoPowercat.com cover Kasubke and Bradford’s visits to Manhattan and find out where they both stand with K-State following their visits, as well as future basketball recruiting news.

Bills_06 likes this

On 8/27/2019 at 11:57 AM, bauman said:

Aaron Hines has to be wondering why he didn't get this kind of walk-on love from the board. 😉

William Iken likes this

1 hour ago, Ibruce said:

The focus of this coming weekend for Kansas State fans is on the football season starting and seeing how the Chris Klieman era gets going, but the weekend is important for more than just football this weekend. Bruce Weber’s basketball program enters a rather important weekend, too.

This weekend, the Wildcats host 2020 St. Louis products Luke Kasubke and Davion Bradford on official visits as they attempt to continue building their 2020 class around current commit Nijel Pack. Kasubke and Bradford might potentially be those next pieces.

Both Kasubke and Bradford have been high priorities for quite some time. The Wildcats have been after Bradford since he was young and they really began tapping into St. Louis (Bradford lived there prior to making some moves to different parts of the country and then recently returning to St. Louis.)

Kasubke has been under that St. Louis umbrella as well and has played for MOKAN Elite, a program that K-State has had on its radar. The Wildcats got him on campus last year for an unofficial visit and now he returns for his official. So what is there to learn on the official that he did not on his unofficial?

“I just hope to build a better relationship with the coaches, even though I already have good ones with them,” Kasubke said to GoPowercat.com. “And I also want to get to know the players better and see where I fit in with them.”

Bradford, on the other hand, has yet to make it to Manhattan for a visit yet.

"This will be my first time at K-State," Bradford said to GoPowercat. "I’m hoping it’ll be exciting and I’ll gain some more knowledge about K-State and just experience my whole visit."

The visit to K-State will be Kasubke’s third unofficial visit in a one-week span. He went to Saint Louis last week and began a visit to Loyola-Chicago today. As of now, these three are the only official visits that Kasubke has planned, although it doesn’t mean that more won’t come later on.

So could the Wildcats be on commitment watch this weekend with Kasubke?

“I haven’t thought a lot about committing on a visit,” Kasubke said. “The plan is to take my visits and then sit down and make a decision before the high school season sometime.”

Bradford has an official visit to Missouri scheduled for September 14 and so the thought of committing on a visit to K-State isn't really in his mind either.

"I feel like I would want to check for some more options after K-State," Bradford said. "Just to be safe, you know?"

The big question that everyone wants to know about the duo, though, is whether or not Weber could land both of them in a package deal. Being MOKAN teammates, the thought of them playing together is not out of the question and K-State could be the place for that to happen, considering how high of a priority they both are to the Wildcats.

So might the package deal happen?

“Davion’s my brother,” Kasubke said. “I’ve been playing with him since I was a little kid. I’m more concerned about what program fits me best, but at the same time, I would love to team up with him if we feel it fits both of us and our games.”

"I’m not necessarily looking for a package deal," Bradford added. "I’m just looking for wherever that fits me the best and where could I belong. I want to have a good career wherever I go. But I mean, it would be good to have (a package deal) if it came to it."

GoPowercat.com cover Kasubke and Bradford’s visits to Manhattan and find out where they both stand with K-State following their visits, as well as future basketball recruiting news.

There doesn't appear to be much buzz tying us to Bradford, correct? Last year, it seemed like there was a lot of mutual interest - now, not so much.

2 hours ago, ACE said:

There doesn't appear to be much buzz tying us to Bradford, correct? Last year, it seemed like there was a lot of mutual interest - now, not so much.

Well, don't expect the K-State recruiting writer to throw SLU a bone!

There's probably still some interest, but SLU recruiting coverage to let "the world" know about it is nearly non-existent.