Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

18 minutes ago, crymdg2 said:

As far as 2020 goes, assuming we keep this last scholarship open, we only have that 1 to offer, correct? That's assuming no one transfers which in this day and age is almost a certainty.  

I believe we have two to offer for 2020: the current open scholarship and Weaver’s.

We made his top 10 but he's all like:

So it seems like he's open to other offers. (Top 10, to keep you from scrolling back: ETSU, MTSU, Missouri State, Murray State, New Mexico, North Texas, Seton Hall, Saint Louis, TCU, Tulsa)

Just now, Pistol said:

So it seems like he's open to other offers. (Top 10, to keep you from scrolling back: ETSU, MTSU, Missouri State, Murray State, New Mexico, North Texas, Seton Hall, Saint Louis, TCU, Tulsa)

weird way to put that.."from this point its about who I can add or cut from the list".  So it much be very early in the recruiting process for him

7 minutes ago, Pistol said:

It never fails. When a recruit is considering adding to his list he's not satisfied with his current offers. This kid has ten offers, yet his final list is .. ten offers. It's laughable. Just say you're waiting on a P5 offer and stop wasting everybody's time.

wgstl likes this

Meanwhile, Ford and Tate checked in on one of our most recent offers:

Similar size to Jimerson, maybe a bit longer and thinner. Smooth, efficient player with a nice perimeter shot.

Like 3star said above, there's no question that the priorities with the two open scholarships are a shooter and a big.

10 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

... If you have Murray State and Kentucky in your "final 14" .... Kentucky ain't in your final 14, whether you know it or not. 

This kid is actually a pretty legit 4-star, well above a typical Murray State recruit. I'm surprised to see such a big list and kinda figured it was down to Memphis and Arkansas, waiting to see if UNC and UK come through with offers.

12 hours ago, slusam said:

SLU offered Kobe Elvis

It's about time! Once I saw his name, I supported us offering him sight unseen.

I added him to the interest list when I noticed that our coaches were tracking him. Here's his bio, updated last week:

Kobe Elvis - PG, 6-2, 180 - Brampton, ON (Southwest Academy at Regina Mundi) - AAU: Northern Kings (Under Armour Rise) - Twitter: @KobeElvis
Offers: Massachusetts, Richmond, Iowa State, TCU, Wyoming, Buffalo, Akron, Ball State, Eastern Michigan, Drake, Morehead State, Loyola-Maryland, Weber State, Robert Morris, Mount St. Mary's, NJIT.

Interest: Saint Louis, Dayton, Clemson, SMU, Tulane, Colorado State, SIU-Carbondale, Illinois State, Princeton, Toledo, Ball State, Morehead State, Charleston, Towson, Georgia State, Arkansas State, South Dakota, UC-Santa Barbara, Montana, Montana State, Weber State, Southeastern Louisiana, McNeese State, Texas A&M-Corpus Christi, Incarnate Word, New Hampshire, Bryant, Mount St. Mary's, Seattle.

Latest News: Elvis received an offer from Iowa State. (8/9/19)

Scouting Report: Elvis is an athletic, competitive point guard who can pile up points. He scores on all three levels and has a terrific stroke. He controls pace, has speed, shows extraordinary vision and passing, and plays extremely tough defense. He has good length and rebounds the guard position well. He's an AAU teammate of fellow Ontario native Matteus Case (Chaminade).

I thought I posted about his top 7 here but I'm not finding it. Anyway, Colby Jones had a SLU offer but committed to Xavier yesterday afternoon:

Chose Xavier over Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Stanford, Iowa State, and Yale.

18 minutes ago, Pistol said:

I thought I posted about his top 7 here but I'm not finding it. Anyway, Colby Jones had a SLU offer but committed to Xavier yesterday afternoon:

Chose Xavier over Alabama, Auburn, Georgia, Stanford, Iowa State, and Yale.

Looks like Kasubke waited too long. Wonder if he commits to KState now?

5 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Looks like Kasubke waited too long. Wonder if he commits to KState now?

Right, Xavier is now at 13 scholarships for next year - on paper, anyway, assuming no transfers and/or early pro departures. So they'd have to oversubscribe to get Luke.

Kasubke visits K-State the same weekend as Bradford, I believe - two weekends from now, opening football weekend.

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Right, Xavier is now at 13 scholarships for next year - on paper, anyway, assuming no transfers and/or early pro departures. So they'd have to oversubscribe to get Luke.

Kasubke visits K-State the same weekend as Bradford, I believe - two weekends from now, opening football weekend.

Big weekend for SLU

1 hour ago, Pistol said:

Question, any idea how common it is for programs to oversubscribe on paper?

Definitely a weekend I will be an even bigger loser monitoring the Twitter accounts of high school kids.