Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

22 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

In general, it seems like these days if you're not playing at a high school that plays a competitive schedule....you need to be on a good AAU team were you are getting minutes and able to showcase your game.  Schools like CBC,  Chaminade, Mehlville, Vashon get coaches visiting during open gyms.  It's all about exposure.  I believe Jayce is on BBE ....perhaps he doesn't have a big role this year.  

Catchings is indeed playing a supporting role on BBE this season, averaging 2.8 PPG on 11.5 MPG. Moody, Love, and Fletcher are the leading scorers, in that order. Josh Wallace from CBC is the fourth-leading scorer; he just graduated from CBC and is taking a post-grad year at Link Year Prep.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, Pistol said:

Catchings is indeed playing a supporting role on BBE this season, averaging 2.8 PPG on 11.5 MPG. Moody, Love, and Fletcher are the leading scorers, in that order. Josh Wallace from CBC is the fourth-leading scorer; he just graduated from CBC and is taking a post-grad year at Link Year Prep.

No one is getting a lot of points with those 3 on the same team 

21 minutes ago, brianstl said:

The Beagles aren't constructed very well this season.  

I bet they'd love to have Bradford and Kalkbrenner in the frontcourt. Bradford is the #2 big man on MOKAN after N'Faly Dante, but he'd be the lead big for BBE this year. I'm guessing Kalkbrenner isn't regretting his choice, based on the breakout spring he's had.

Kasubke and Branson would've added nice depth, too. Kasubke is the second-leading scorer for MOKAN, and Branson is scoring 5.5 PPG off the bench.

I don't think any other prominent locals are playing elsewhere in EYBL. But if they had those guys, it'd look like a much better balanced roster.

brianstl likes this

Dylan Branson had a really good EYBL session in Indy.  Averaged 8 ppg, 7 rpg, 4 apg, shot 50% from the floor and 33.3% from the 3.  He, also, picked up a Nebraska offer the day before the session began.  His MoKan team is really good.  It features Kassubke, Bradford, Coban Porter, 5 star center N'Faly Dante and 2021 top 25 player Kennedy Chandler.

1 minute ago, Pistol said:

I bet they'd love to have Bradford and Kalkbrenner in the frontcourt. Bradford is the #2 big man on MOKAN after N'Faly Dante, but he'd be the lead big for BBE this year. I'm guessing Kalkbrenner isn't regretting his choice, based on the breakout spring he's had.

Kasubke and Branson would've added nice depth, too. Kasubke is the second-leading scorer for MOKAN, and Branson is scoring 5.5 PPG off the bench.

I don't think any other prominent locals are playing elsewhere in EYBL. But if they had those guys, it'd look like a much better balanced roster.

They could really use Branson as more than a depth player.  He is really turning into a guy that will fill whatever role MoKan needs him to fill in that game.  They need him to score, he will score.  Need him to run the offense and grab rebounds, he will do that.  They could really use Branson getting 20+ mpg.

22 minutes ago, brianstl said:

They could really use Branson as more than a depth player.  He is really turning into a guy that will fill whatever role MoKan needs him to fill in that game.  They need him to score, he will score.  Need him to run the offense and grab rebounds, he will do that.  They could really use Branson getting 20+ mpg.

They had a kid named Donovan to fill that role.  Nebraska commit.  He joined the team before tryouts.  I believe he tore his ACL.  Russell (Vashon), Moody, Fletcher, Love and Donovan...not a lot of mins available 

14 minutes ago, Coach314 said:

They had a kid named Donovan to fill that role.  Nebraska commit.  He joined the team before tryouts.  I believe he tore his ACL.  Russell (Vashon), Moody, Fletcher, Love and Donovan...not a lot of mins available 

Donovan Williams. So yeah, it was a crowded roster and MOKAN offered bigger opportunities for Kasubke and Branson. I know that a lot of people weren't happy about 3 STL kids heading out west to play this AAU season, but it happens.

1 hour ago, brianstl said:

He isn't being recruited by SLU and is probably a D III player, but I came across this today.  Rich Grawer's grandson.....

Kevin Grawer was my Spanish teacher at CBC. On days where our class was cut short due to assemblies, etc., we would watch Tommy Boy in Spanish. Great class, great guy. Played at Tulsa I think?  I think he's principal of MRH High School now so I'm guessing this is not his son.

4 hours ago, Pistol said:

Donovan Williams. So yeah, it was a crowded roster and MOKAN offered bigger opportunities for Kasubke and Branson. I know that a lot of people weren't happy about 3 STL kids heading out west to play this AAU season, but it happens.

I would imagine Bradford was wanted by BBE.  He played for them along with Branson in the 8th Grade.  I'm thinking Branson and Bradford might have been a package deal.

• 2 weeks later...