Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

New offers to two guys playing with Team Parsons (Adidas Gauntlet AAU):

Eric Butler - PG, 6-3, 175 - Smiths Station, AL (Orlando Christian Prep, FL) - Twitter: @EricButler2020

Offers: SLU, Florida Atlantic, Florida International, Florida Gulf Coast.

Interest: Iowa State, Auburn, Temple, Central Florida, South Florida, Old Dominion, Drake, Princeton, Tennessee State, Furman, Mercer, Elon, Georgia Southern, South Alabama, Liberty.

Latest News: Butler received an offer from SLU. (5/1/19)

Scouting Report: Butler is a long, smooth point guard who gets his teammates involved. He's unselfish, draws the defense, and creates space and scoring opportunities for others. He has a high baskeball IQ and controls the pace. He's not a high-volume scorer but he's efficient, can shoot it from outside, and get to the rim, where he's a strong and crafty finisher. He rebounds his position very well and fills up the stat sheet. He's also an excellent defender. He transferred from Smiths Station, Alabama to Orlando Christian Prep after his sophomore year.

Isaiah Adams - SF, 6-6, 180 - Jacksonville, FL (Paxon School for Advanced Studies) - Twitter: @IsaiahIAAdams

Offers: UMass, Iowa State, TCU, South Florida, Florida Atlantic, Georgia Southern, North Florida.

Interest: Butler, Louisville, Florida State, Wake Forest, Florida, Central Florida, Rice, Murray State, Stetson.

Latest News: Adams received offers from SLU, Iowa State, TCU, and Georgia Southern. (5/1/19)

Scouting Report: Adams is a tough, crafty wing who does a little bit of everything. He's the tallest player on his HS team so he's forced to play out of position a lot, which also creates a lot of mismatches. He has the length and leaping ability to be effective inside but can also step outside to shoot. He blocks shots and creates turnovers defensively. He has tremendous speed in the open court. He's a very strong finisher and big-time dunker.

On 4/26/2019 at 7:56 PM, Billiken4life5 said:

Mokan over BBE again tonight

Kennedy Chandler (Mokan) received an offer from Mizzou (Michael Porter and Trae Young won the 2016 Peach Jam while playing for Mokan) yesterday. Offers have been flowing in for him lately from many places.  He was a heavy Bryce Drew focus before coaching change. He is now considered the 2nd best point guard in the 2021 class.  He is from Memphis.  He lit it up this weekend. SLU target Luke Kasubke benefitting from playing with Chandler. 

billikenbill likes this

8 hours ago, courtside said:

Kennedy Chandler (Mokan) received an offer from Mizzou (Michael Porter and Trae Young won the 2016 Peach Jam while playing for Mokan) yesterday. Offers have been flowing in for him lately from many places.  He was a heavy Bryce Drew focus before coaching change. He is now considered the 2nd best point guard in the 2021 class.  He is from Memphis.  He lit it up this weekend. SLU target Luke Kasubke benefitting from playing with Chandler. 

I'm just curious. Why would someone mark this as a bad post?

1 hour ago, slufanskip said:

I'm just curious. Why would someone mark this as a bad post?

Probably because there's no option for "head-scratching post."  I can't imagine why anyone would care that a kid we're not recruiting has an offer from Mizzou or that Michael Porter and Trae Young won the Peach Jam playing for MoKan 3 years ago.  Tacking on a reference to Kasubke at the end doesn't really explain the previous five sentences.  

15 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Probably because there's no option for "head-scratching post."  I can't imagine why anyone would care that a kid we're not recruiting has an offer from Mizzou or that Michael Porter and Trae Young won the Peach Jam playing for MoKan 3 years ago.  Tacking on a reference to Kasubke at the end doesn't really explain the previous five sentences.  

I assumed he was someone we were recruiting. However, with that said these bad and troll posts are just becoming ridiculous. People use them on every post for people they don't like regardless of the post. 

13 hours ago, slufanskip said:

I assumed he was someone we were recruiting. However, with that said these bad and troll posts are just becoming ridiculous. People use them on every post for people they don't like regardless of the post. 

Skip,

Some people need a scapegoat for their own internal anxieties, and angst.

3 star conveniently left out of that quote the part about Luke Kasubke, local St. Louis player, SLU offer and target. He had 19 points the other day for Mokan Elite as I mentioned in an earlier post.  A big part of Kasubke’s increased success and profile is the point guard play of Chandler as was mentioned. And, if you notice, as is often the case, my post was in response to someone else already posting about the topic. 

Funny, I also mentioned Kalkbrenner, Keita, Gassama, other SLU targets recently etc..but it has to fit the narrative for some.  Pistol’s post below I am assuming is related to me as well. I guess if I has posted regarding Arizona St., Duke, St. John’s etc...as Pistol recently has, it’d have been okay for him. As someone pointed out to you perhaps they saw a buzz word they disliked, a school, or player, who knows? 

It isn’t too difficult to figure out. My posts are in response to other posts already in a thread about a topic. Someone mentioned Vandy or Marquette or hoops recruits or the 13 SLU soccer recruits or? you name it, and I respond, I guess it is different than when others either actually initiate a thread, or post before or after it. Someone else did the same thing as well recently.  As you well know and have often said this is why many have left the board. I believe I referenced 3 former SLU coaches in the coaching thread not counting coaching targets. 

billikenbill likes this

14 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Says the guy who recently posted discussing Mizzou and Cuonzo Martin’s recruiting and recruiting strategy. Top 150 players and transfers ring a bell? 

My post was in response to multiple posts in a thread about a few AAU teams with SLU targets playing one another. One of the reasons one team was successful vs the other was their point guard. His teammate and SLU target is benefitting from the superior point guard play and raised national profile on his team. And thus, he is playing well and getting more attention.  But we can talk about Mizzou (or whomever) if you’d like since that seems to have interested you lately based on your posting.  Today Cuonzo Martin is having in home visits with SLU targets Caleb Love and Cam’Ron Fletcher. 

TheA_Bomb likes this

1 hour ago, courtside said:

Says the guy who recently posted discussing Mizzou and Cuonzo Martin’s recruiting and recruiting strategy. Top 150 players and transfers ring a bell? 

Sure.  Here's the post:

Mizzou will be fine. Martin has filled in skills gaps in his roster just like Coach Ford has. K State is more of a threat to us on the recruiting trail than Mizzou is. Martin is mainly interested in Top 150 players and transfers.

If someone would have flagged that post for being irrevelant and explained why they did so, I could have seen their point.  But everyone understood the comparison I was making in recruiting strategies, perhaps with one exception.  Some of us just thought your roundabout way of getting to Kasubke was curious. 

What's perfectly clear to you isn't always clear to your fellow posters.  Happens to the best of us.

VeniceMenace and SLU_Lax like this

31 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

Sure.  Here's the post:

Mizzou will be fine. Martin has filled in skills gaps in his roster just like Coach Ford has. K State is more of a threat to us on the recruiting trail than Mizzou is. Martin is mainly interested in Top 150 players and transfers.

If someone would have flagged that post for being irrevelant and explained why they did so, I could have seen their point.  But everyone understood the comparison I was making in recruiting strategies, perhaps with one exception.  Some of us just thought your  roundabout way of getting to Kasubke was curious. 

What's perfectly clear to you isn't always clear to your fellow posters.  Happens to the best of us.

As you can see, I didn’t flag your post, I didn’t complain about it. We can go through posts of yours, mine, all other posters on this board if you like. You see people can go through any posts to fit his or her own narrative.  You conveniently left out part of my post when sharing it to Skip and others to make it less clear. Good try though. I’d say it happens to the best of us, but. that isn’t something I do.  You could have simply added to the conversation or avoided it. Kasubke benefitting from Chandler’s play and attention. Kasubke will keep getting more offers like he did from Hoiberg recently. You also avoided the part where I reference Kasubke’s team playing SLU targets from City Rocks and BBE. 

3star_recruit likes this

On 4/28/2019 at 1:18 PM, courtside said:

That was by one point. Point guard  Kennedy Chandler (playing up) was the Mokan Elite star that game and their first few games. Mokan Elite win today over Albany City Rocks.(the above SLU target Reece Brown. Symir Torrence (21 and 10) has been City Rocks best player. Kasubke had 19 for Mokan Elite. 

Ryan Kalkbrenner had 14 and 14 for Mac Irvin Fire in a win over CP3. 

https://www.d1circuit.com/news_article/show/1017524

Kalkbrenner with Stanford and Creighton offers after his Atlanta play. Now has 11 offers.

SLU_Lax likes this

"Ryan is a big-time defender," head coach Mike Irvin said. "He can guard the pick and roll, and he’s an elite rim protector."

"By him winning defensive player of the session," Irvin said. "(Ryan) is showing he’s one of the best centers in the country."