Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

1 minute ago, wgstl said:

true, but we'll see.  K state has had a ton of success in STL recently. So its not like k state shouldnt be looked at as a threat

The last thing Weber and Lowery want BBE to think is that they are steering players away from BBE to MOKAN.  They are already solid with BBE.  

At least with Kasubke, K State doesn't scare me.  Xavier is the program everyone else is competing against, IMO.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just now, brianstl said:

The last thing Weber and Lowery want BBE to think is that they are steering players away from BBE to MOKAN.  They are already solid with BBE.  

At least with Kasubke, K State doesn't scare me.  Xavier is the program everyone else is competing against, IMO.

I thought people were thinking mizzou had a decent shot?  It could of just been mizzou people saying this on twitter. 

6 minutes ago, brianstl said:

For Kasubke I think this is all about being able to get major minutes over the summer.  BBE is loaded with Love, Moody, Fletcher and Harmon. Three of those guys were invited to the USA Basketball training camp last week.

This makes sense, hope you are right. This video was clearly edited by Tyler Coleman when Luke was asked the schools that have been in touch with him, so it possible some schools mentioned were omitted, but it only actually mentions Kansas State and Xavier as being schools on him the hardest.

3 minutes ago, wgstl said:

ive only watched Luke twice, and both times he did little to nothing so I couldnt get an idea as to his game.  What is he best at?

He did a good job of rounding his game out over the past year, but his plus skill is still as a shooter.

9 minutes ago, brianstl said:

Agree on Xavier. As long as Weber is winning at KState, he will concern me. We're recruiting the same level of player.

Just now, 3star_recruit said:

Agree on Xavier. As long as Weber is winning at KState, he will concern me. We're recruiting the same level of player.

I agree about K State.  They scare me more locally than the Illini or Mizzou right now.  

Zink likes this

35 minutes ago, brianstl said:

He did a good job of rounding his game out over the past year, but his plus skill is still as a shooter.

a shooter with nice height for a high school wing.

Zink and brianstl like this

3 hours ago, brianstl said:

I agree about K State.  They scare me more locally than the Illini or Mizzou right now.  

Would have been interesting if they had been our 13 seed instead of VaTech.  I think we would have beat them, and then what would that have done to our recruiting battles.  Of course if they would have won, the opposite would have been true as well.

1 hour ago, cgeldmacher said:

Would have been interesting if they had been our 13 seed instead of VaTech. 

Depends, not many teams we can beat starting games at slowly as we had against the bonnies and vatech.  

11 hours ago, 3star_recruit said:

Absolutely.  Which is why I'm only a little concerned.  

It's also true that SLU's feeder AAU program is BBE and KState's is MoKan.  It's possible to get a guy from MoKan but other than Gordon, who was always switching teams, it hasn't happened.

This has been a trend recently...kids who don't make 17u BBE usually go to MoKan.  They want to stay in the EYBL.  BBE brings in kids from out of town.  Spots are limited.

1 hour ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Ford not taking any skinny white centers until he forgets about Gillmann and Jolly 

Jolly was just a weird player in general, but for a frosh he wasn't too skinny, not like this Trinity kid or Gillmann. 

Fletcher update.

Basically, his Michigan State visit went well and Kentucky is recruiting him more seriously. He wants to visit Ohio State and Mizzou, and probably Kentucky. He's not planning to cut his list or make a decision until the end of the summer.

I don't think we're in this one.