Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

2 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

the wrong in your above post is giving gillmann any credit.  jolly was likely more serviceable than gillman.  but that is like asking do you want to be poked in the eye with a stick or hit upside the head with a brick.  they both should have never wore a billiken.   

Roy

i will never forget the game they sent Jolly into a game for the express purpose of fouling their big man, and he messed that up, couldn’t do it. Put Agbeko in and the kid got fouled.

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

7 hours ago, billiken_roy said:

if the player recruited isnt someone that can be a 20+ minute guy, i would just as soon not use a 4 year player scholarship for someone that will sit at the end of the bench with the walkons.   i.e. give me a grad transfer like anthony.   however if that player at least has the potential to be a starter in a year or two, then fine sign the kid.   but we dont need to be signing the likes of thor that really showed no potential to leap ahead of thatch or even jacobs for a spot down the road.   that is a spot that might turn out to be a 4 year wasted scholarship and i would prefer not to tie up a scholarship for 4 years for that example.   

So you don’t want to recruit another Corey Remekun?

6 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

I like how after the release, he back pedals a few steps like the shot is going in. Still not as good as the hand clap after the over the backboard layup. 

That dude is somehow still dating a former D1 volleyball player who moonlights as a model.  Pair that with getting getting a free college education and you really have to wonder if there is a God.

On 3/1/2019 at 2:28 PM, Pistol said:

Nothing new that I'm aware of recruiting-wise. He's averaging 26.7 PPG, second in the metro area (Chris Hill from Brentwood averages 27.3), but his season just ended against Ft. Zumwalt South in districts. He scored just 13 in each of Liberty's last two games. He did just pass 1,000 points for his career, though.

SEMO is still the only offer. He should be interesting to monitor this spring/summer AAU season.

Thanks! His brother seems to be getting more minutes the last few weeks after being glued to the bench most of his freshman year. 

Here's to hoping our '19 recruits can help us land '20's!! 

(Looks like somone responded to Davion Bradford's insta and said "go to slu so you and Hargrove can ball out" to which Bradford responded with the emojis and tagging Hargorve and Yuri. And then Hargrove posted this on his own story saying "Come to the Family")Screenshot_20190303-213230_Instagram.thumb.jpg.899b92a78c5307b0e153caefd0128c83.jpg 

As far as I know, he hasn't shown an interest in anybody. Bloxton's recruitment is still in it's infancy.  He was sitting out due to transfer rules until a few weeks ago.  We're his only offer but that won't last for long.  He's been the most consistent playoff performer for a loaded Bogan squad.

If Bogan and East St Louis each win their next game, they will play for 3A championship. Currently,  Bloxton is so far under the radar that he doesn't have a page with any of the major recruiting sites. If you want to check him out this weekend the streaming schedule is listed here.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

As far as I know, he hasn't shown an interest in anybody. Bloxton's recruitment is still in it's infancy.  He was sitting out due to transfer rules until a few weeks ago.  We're his only offer but that won't last for long.  He's been the most consistent playoff performer for a loaded Bogan squad.

If Bogan and East St Louis each win their next game, they will play for 3A championship. Currently,  Bloxton is so far under the radar that he doesn't have a page with any of the major recruiting sites. If you want to check him out this weekend the streaming schedule is listed here.

-great thank you for the update and link, might have to check on that

• 2 weeks later...
14 minutes ago, RiseAndGrind said:

Don’t like that 

What will be will be.  Kasubke went on an unofficial to Kansas State two weeks ago so we're playing from behind there.  I just hope our surprise NCAA appearance caught his attention.  This will be Bradford's third AAU team in the last year so I wouldn't read too much into that.

6 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

What will be will be.  Kasubke went on an unofficial to Kansas State two weeks ago so we're playing from behind there.  I just hope our surprise NCAA appearance caught his attention.  This will be Bradford's third AAU team in the last year so I wouldn't read too much into that.

Why does that mean we’re playing from behind? I’m sure you know more than I do here but I think Kasubke has been on SLU’s campus multiple times.

7 minutes ago, NH said:

Why does that mean we’re playing from behind? I’m sure you know more than I do here but I think Kasubke has been on SLU’s campus multiple times.

Absolutely.  Which is why I'm only a little concerned.  

It's also true that SLU's feeder AAU program is BBE and KState's is MoKan.  It's possible to get a guy from MoKan but other than Gordon, who was always switching teams, it hasn't happened.

1 hour ago, 3star_recruit said:

Plus Kansas State getting upset by a 13 seed.  Rather that be the most recent memory for him to see compared to last year when they made a run to the elite 8 as a 9 seed.  Kind of like Duke winning the tournament and Coach K visiting Tatum with the championship trophy the week after. 

27 minutes ago, brianstl said:

K State had as many BBE players on their roster this season as SLU did.  

true, but we'll see.  K state has had a ton of success in STL recently. So its not like k state shouldnt be looked at as a threat

2 minutes ago, brianstl said:

For Kasubke I think this is all about being able to get major minutes over the summer.  BBE is loaded with Love, Moody, Fletcher and Harmon. Three of those guys were invited to the USA Basketball training camp last week.

ive only watched Luke twice, and both times he did little to nothing so I couldnt get an idea as to his game.  What is he best at?