Recruiting - 2020 Class (Optimal Vision Class)

1 hour ago, wgstl said:

What was crazy to me was how many people were wearing mizzou stuff walking around.  Only saw two others besides my self wearing SLU gear, was hoping for more. 

-in the last year I have made a concerted effort to wear SLU gear to high school games as I don't like seeing all the mizzou stuff and I want to add to the amount of SLU apparel on display, can't hurt

• Replies 3.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

3 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-in the last year I have made a concerted effort to wear SLU gear to high school games as I don't like seeing all the mizzou stuff and I want to add to the amount of SLU apparel on display, can't hurt

good job!

16 minutes ago, JohnnyJumpUp said:

Probably the JV game.

I wasn’t really paying attention much to the  JV game, but if he was playing, he’s not one of the better JV players for CBC

2 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Now we need you to go to more games, and keep walking in and out, sit in different spots. 

10 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I really really like raysean taylor a jr guard out of Collinsville. 24/7 says he holds an offer from SEMO? 

I was going to ask your opinion prior to game tonight, but Ray’Sean is a bucket getter. VerbalCommits also has UMKC and North Florida with offers listed as well. I could see him start getting more mid major interest after the summer circuits.

17 minutes ago, billikenfan05 said:

I really really like raysean taylor a jr guard out of Collinsville. 24/7 says he holds an offer from SEMO? 

He's already earned a Valley offer, IMO. It's just a matter of time. He's been playing this way all year.

Hargrove's been shooting the ball well the last couple of weeks. If his teammates would have found him more often in the 2nd half Taylor never would have had a chance to steal the game.

2 minutes ago, 3star_recruit said:

He's already earned a Valley offer, IMO. It's just a matter of time. He's been playing this way all year.

Hargrove's been shooting the ball well the last couple of weeks. If his teammates would have found him more often in the 2nd half Taylor never would have had a chance to steal the game.

10 minutes ago, FromDaEastSide said:

I was going to ask your opinion prior to game tonight, but Ray’Sean is a bucket getter. VerbalCommits also has UMKC and North Florida with offers listed as well. I could see him start getting more mid major interest after the summer circuits.

Hargrove spent a lot of his time in the post which I did not really expect. I thought he was excellent when he did get the ball and has a nice jumper. If he gets an open shot inside the arc he’s gonna make it. Didn’t see a lot of him taking players off the dribble as Collinsville threw a lot of zone at ESL. His athleticism is out of this world. He can jump out of the gym. I’m pretty sure he can touch the top of the backboard with ease. I’m not sure he starts right away to be honest. 

I was really impressed with that Robinson kid from ESL he’s apparently headed the JUCO route. Wouldn’t mind Tford keeping an eye on him to rejoin hargrove in 2 years. 

I would honestly offer Taylor. His recruiting is gonna blow up. Awesome player 

There are a lot of chances to see local 2020 recruits in the playoffs this week:

Class 5:

CBC (Caleb Love) vs. Kirkwood - Tonight, 8:30, Parkway Central (Game will immediately follow Parkway Central vs. DeSmet, which has a couple 2021 recruits)

Chaminade (Luke Kasubke - offer, Matteus Case - interest) vs. Webster Groves - Tonight, 7:30, Webster Groves

Mehlville (Davion Bradford, Lamontay Daughtery, Dylan Branson) vs. Oakville - Tonight, 5:30, Lindbergh

Class 3:

Vashon (Cam'Ron Fletcher, Kobe Clark, 2021 Nicholas Kern) vs. Hancock (Sam Richardson - not a SLU recruit but probably D-I) - Tomorrow, 6:00, Webster Groves

Trinity (Rashad McDaniels-Weekly, Ryan Kalkbrenner - no SLU offers but possible interest) vs. Hermann - Tomorrow, 6:00, Francis Howell Central

-I don't find the Kalkbrenner kid on 24/7 or Verbal Commits, kid is 7 ft tall, can run and chew gum and then some, certainly someone is recruiting him? I've not seen him play since Christmas but he improved quite a bit from last season, not sure his floor or ceiling and would like 3 Star and other views on him

-are we still active on Bradford?

20 minutes ago, Cowboy said:

-I don't find the Kalkbrenner kid on 24/7 or Verbal Commits, kid is 7 ft tall, can run and chew gum and then some, certainly someone is recruiting him? I've not seen him play since Christmas but he improved quite a bit from last season, not sure his floor or ceiling and would like 3 Star and other views on him

Yes, we're still very involved with Bradford.

Kalkbrenner is a nice player, averaging 15.3 points, 8.0 rebounds, and 4.3 blocks for a really strong Trinity squad this season. He's skinny. Has a nice all-around skill set. I know he's been out to Mizzou a couple times and that he has some interest, but I'm not seeing any offers yet. I would expect this spring/summer to be big for him, though.

10 hours ago, Cowboy said:

Kalkbrenner is Austin Gillman 2.0

22 hours ago, Pistol said:

There are a lot of chances to see local 2020 recruits in the playoffs this week:

Class 5:

CBC (Caleb Love) vs. Kirkwood - Tonight, 8:30, Parkway Central (Game will immediately follow Parkway Central vs. DeSmet, which has a couple 2021 recruits)

Chaminade (Luke Kasubke - offer, Matteus Case - interest) vs. Webster Groves - Tonight, 7:30, Webster Groves

Mehlville (Davion Bradford, Lamontay Daughtery, Dylan Branson) vs. Oakville - Tonight, 5:30, Lindbergh

Did anyone get out to any games last night?

Mehlville's stats aren't in yet, but they handled Oakville 53-34. CBC also had no trouble last night, beating Kirkwood 92-46. No stats yet.

Webster Groves chipped away at Chaminade's big early lead and won 76-74 in overtime. Kasubke had 20.

11 hours ago, gobillsgo said:

Kalkbrenner is Austin Gillman 2.0

He does look quite a bit like him physically at this point. He's also a 4.0 student. He looks like he moves a lot better, though, and he appears to have a higher skill level. Maybe I'm being too generous based on highlights, though.

23 minutes ago, Pistol said:

He does look quite a bit like him physically at this point. He's also a 4.0 student. He looks like he moves a lot better, though, and he appears to have a higher skill level. Maybe I'm being too generous based on highlights, though.

Gillmann looked skilled in high school too. I think Kalkbrenner's shotblocking translates to the next level. Without another 25lb, I don't think anything else does. If we're going to get a project, I'd rather we get one this year so he has two years to work with French.

2 hours ago, Pistol said:

Did anyone get out to any games last night?

Mehlville's stats aren't in yet, but they handled Oakville 53-34. CBC also had no trouble last night, beating Kirkwood 92-46. No stats yet.

Webster Groves chipped away at Chaminade's big early lead and won 76-74 in overtime. Kasubke had 20.

Bruce Webber was out last night.  Checking on Fletcher, Clark and Kasubke.  

11 hours ago, Pistol said:

I should say that I’d happily take Gillman on this team right as a third forward after French and Foreman. We have zero depth and it’s killing us.